PDA

View Full Version : Pods or airbox mod?

Pomp1
06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
what are you guys experience with the 2? I'm also thinking about a stage 2 dynojet, what does matches it best in your opinion/experience?

Zimbo
07-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Airbox mod (cut out top) = good, pods = bad.
It's very difficult to set the carbs up on pods, i don't know anybody who's managed it properly yet even with significant dyno time.
Open airbox / free flow filter, race cans and a stage 2 dynojet kit should work very well out the box with very little hassle in setting up, definately a worthwhile mod.

Pomp1
07-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Airbox mod (cut out top) = good, pods = bad.
It's very difficult to set the carbs up on pods, i don't know anybody who's managed it properly yet even with significant dyno time.
Open airbox / free flow filter, race cans and a stage 2 dynojet kit should work very well out the box with very little hassle in setting up, definately a worthwhile mod.

Cheers Zimbo, I had that idea too, as I've heard of terrible tales about the setting up time for pods. So I just cut the top off, any suggestion for air filter? K&N or anyone knows of a better (or cheaper) option? Is it worth put a mesh on the box after the cut to stop stones/bugs/small furry animals to get in contact with the filter element?

skank
08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
My 900 runs fine with pods and 50mm 2-1 exhaust, that's using the arse dyno though. The box might be better, pods definitely look better! :D

Ducmon
08-02-2010, 11:34 AM
How much of the box and where abouts do you have to cut out. I already have a dynojet 2 fitted by the last owner and my bike is running too rich.

David

Pomp1
08-02-2010, 12:43 PM
search button is a beautiful thing (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29690&highlight=airbox+mod):biggrin::biggrin:

Ducmon
08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
yes it is when you know what to ask it.

Did you managed to rewire your stand Pomp1?

gary tompkins
08-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Useful article here

http://www.ducatisuite.com/jetkit.html