PDA

View Full Version : Cinema films

Albie
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
As me and Caroline do orange wednesdays I would like to recommend

Edge of Darkness
with Mel Gibson and Ray Winstone.
Very sad hard hitting drama with some sadistic humour you cannot help liking. Sad but nice ending.

9/10

Its Complicated
Meryl Streep Steve Martin Alec Baldwin
Very very funny. This aint no chick flick its funny and blokes will maybe see something of themselves in it.
9/10

He11cat
05-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I fancied Daybreakers .. hope I got that right!!
I watched DVD of Dorian Gray the new one it was pretty good..

Last time I went to pictures I fell asleep...

Albie
05-02-2010, 09:48 PM
go earlier then. looking forward to seeing wolfman is it ?

Grumpy
06-02-2010, 08:44 AM
THe missus and I have Cineworld unlimited access tickets, worth every penny.
We go on average once a week. Off to see The Book of Eli tonight!!

Gadget
06-02-2010, 09:09 AM
I went to see Daybreakers with my kids a couple of weeks ago.
We where all very disappointed.
The new Sherlock Holmes film was very good. I would recommend it if you like that sort of action movie.

Rich750Dark
06-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm a bit of a film freak too and also have the unlimited pass for cineworld. Got well over 300 DVD's and go to the cinema at least once a week with a mate and now the wifey has one to i'll be there for the chick flicks too :eek:

Saw Edge of darkness the other night, it was quite good but i don't think i'd get it on DVD.

By far my favourite film of late is Avatar. Marginally better in 3D in my opinion. Such a great film.

Probably end up seeing It's Complicated as the wife want's to see it. it does look good and although it's not common knowledge, i do enjoy a chick flick now and again.

Albie
06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes its well worth seeing. I saw Sherlock Holmes too and was better than I thought. It had the Guy Richie feel without the bad language. Although some things were farfetched I found it enjoyable and capturing. Some of the cgi was a bit flawed but entertaining and great seeing tower bridge being built too. Did anyone spot who the builer was BTW.

I didnt think the Thames was deep enough to have a ship go down bow first. Amazing !!!!
8/10

Avatar was a 10/10 for me too. Absolute flawless CGI and amazing colourful film. I was mesmerised by it and very well made. One for the bluray colllection.

Grumpy
06-02-2010, 09:01 PM
'great seeing tower bridge being built'

My great grand father lived in the east end as a boy, me keep a diary which I have, in his diary he mentions paying the ferryman 1/2 a penny and being rowed out to watch the footings being built!

Went and saw Book of Eli tonight, enjoyed it. Denzil Washington, I feel, is an excellent actor and Gary Oldman is his usual polished performance.The story is ok, but the twist at the end is amusing.

He11cat
06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I wanted to see Ray Winstone's 44 inch chest film... I like a bit of Ray...Sexy Beast was a great film.

Wolfman looks good.. Hopkins is pretty much good in all those kind of films!

I did go early.. lol 1.30pm... and still fell asleep I don't sleep much and suddenly I will just go.