PDA

View Full Version : How far would you go?

neilbaldry
04-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Just watched that thing on ITV about your rights as a home owner againts intruders........

So how far would you go to protect your home and family?

Personally, I think that, as the intruder has shown total disregard for the law, then they have no rights for their safety. They know the law, htey have chosen to ignore it, so why should they get any protection from it? They deserve everything coming to them.

uksurfer
04-02-2010, 07:13 PM
i wouldn't protect my home, to be honest, but my family would be a different matter

chris yeatman
04-02-2010, 07:19 PM
shut their fingers in a door, wont do it again!!!!

bex
04-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I live on my own in London, if someone broke into my flat and I was in it, I'd do whatever I felt necessary until I was convinced I wasn't in danger. If its him or me? I know who I'm backing!

... so dont even think about it! :D

dunlop0_1
04-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Drill knee caps (IRA style).
Cloth's iron on cotton setting between the shoulder blades.
Hot soldering iron up the a**e.
Finger ends smashed with hammer.
Then get serious.

Stay out of my house and away from my family. It's that easy.

uksurfer
04-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I live on my own in London, if someone broke into my flat and I was in it, I'd do whatever I felt necessary until I was convinced I wasn't in danger. If its him or me? I know who I'm backing!

... so dont even think about it! :D

maybe they could bring some loose change to put in your little bike amusement machine? :D

slob
04-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Having been burgled by crackhead scumbags last week, all I'm saying is I don't want to discuss how far I may or may not go on a public forum.

Nickj
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Having been burgled by crackhead scumbags last week, all I'm saying is I don't want to discuss how far I may or may not go on a public forum.

Had the same myself once, infact he was on his way to report into the plod shop.

I'm liking Dunlops hot soldering iron idea, very medieval eye for an eye stuff, It might be a bit too short though. The original treatment used a good 2 ft long red hot poker.

pegboy
04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Had the very same discussion with the missus, she is 5ft 1"and we shared the same thoughts . If someone came into the home or harmed our family, well that will be the last thing they will remember.

Diego
04-02-2010, 10:20 PM

**** Rob. everything ok? not too much damage I hope?

He11cat
04-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Things can be replaced .. family / loved ones can't.

I would do whatever to protect my own.. even if I came off worse.
Im only 5ft 1 but not a small girl but I am very quiet..

But touch my family or my bikes or my animals... put it this way I don't fight like a girl lol...
Thrown men out of pubs and been attacked twice.. as the police said hmm he picked on the wrong woman didn't he..lol they where quite amused.

Celtic blood see... we are evil little things!

jerry
05-02-2010, 01:59 AM
In Thailand my wife has a pistol and i keep a stun gun and a machete by the bed and i am itching to use it ...I also have a spray bottle full of petrol to finish the bastards off with. My wife says thats excessive .

In Uk my dad has a panic button but I always keep a hammer or knife handy.also some noxious oven cleaning spray is useful when sprayed in intruders eyes.

ricky
05-02-2010, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=dunlop0_1;338423]Drill knee caps (IRA style).
QUOTE]

:eek:

dont mean to be an ass but please dont glamorise them scumbags nothin they ever did should be looked up to including any 'punishment beatings' as they only did them to gain public suppot for an otherwise worthless cause!!!.........

but on the other hand,, no one who broke into my house would ever be the same again......

dunlop0_1
05-02-2010, 05:33 AM
QUOTE]

dont mean to be an ass but please dont glamorise them scumbags nothin they ever did should be looked up to including any 'punishment beatings' as they only did them to gain public suppot for an otherwise worthless cause!!!.........

but on the other hand,, no one who broke into my house would ever be the same again......

Point taken Ricky. It is not meant to glamorise at all. I read it in a SAS style book about 25 years ago and has stuck with me ever since.

LouSCannon
05-02-2010, 06:20 AM
I couldn't say how far I'd go... don't think you can know how you may react until you're actually in that situation and your instinctive 'fight or fly' brain kicks in. I know what I'd like to do though!

**** Rob, hope they didn't get anything too valuable?!

slob
05-02-2010, 09:24 AM
thanks guys, not too bad all things considered, they took my neice's laptop etc. but nothing ID related, irreplaceable personal stuff or vehicle keys. Plus the fully alarmed garage didn't get a look in. Feel better now I've upgaded security and have a couple of sharks with frickin lasers in the swimming pool.

LouSCannon
05-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Feel better now I've upgaded security and have a couple of sharks with frickin lasers in the swimming pool.

If you were an MP you might be able to get those on expenses! :)

Glad to hear they didn't get their hands on anything too valuable, but still not nice to hear it happened in the first place.

A lot to be said for old traditions, like chopping their bloody hands off!

skank
05-02-2010, 10:50 AM
It's hard to say until it happens to you or loved ones. My mom was beaten, stripped naked, hogtied and nearly raped by three black men last christmas. I would shoot to kill with out any hesitation.

Davy
05-02-2010, 06:44 PM
QUOTE]

I also don't mean to stirr up the bad past, But the IRA never did that, it's a well know fact it was indeed the loyalist UVF/UDA who did this, and please don't for one moment think i support any of this, I don't, so please don't lecture me, i'm just informing the i'll informed. and for the record i don't think Irish politics should be discussed on a motorcycle forum. esp by a representative of the club!!!!!

Thirdway
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Ah putting one foot in an imaginary future and the other in a collection of memories and never present :look:

Saint aka ML
05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Do not know. If it ever happens and I survive I will let you all know.... from my home or free internet at HM.

Paivi
05-02-2010, 08:58 PM
You'd bite their kneecaps off? :biggrin:

I don't, nor do I think I ever will, have anything worth dying for.

As it happens, I only a wee while ago realised my front door was unlocked and has been so since about 7pm last night when I got home from the shops. I've been at home, though, but half that time asleep. Love living in a gated development. :)

And, no, it isn't a prison. :grump:

He11cat
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Not a funny farm is it Paivi??? lol

:) only kidding..

Paivi
05-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Not a funny farm is it Paivi??? lol

:) only kidding..

Rumbled. :look:

BluprintZ
06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
My house was robbed and torched to the ground when we were away for the weekend in `87.
Two smackheads stole a lot of stuff, then set fire to the place.
They were both caught and served 18 months, when released one of them was robbing a building site, when he fell from scaffolding and died of his injuries, life gets you in the end it would seem!

G ; )

Grumpy
06-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Personally, its not about the lost of replaceable items, more the invasion of my home, I am very much a home animal, and would react severely if someone entered my home illegally.Although I am lucky enough to live in a small village where the crime rate is very low.The only break-ins in the 6 yrs I've lived here have been in properties isolated from the main village, plus we have our own version of neighbourhood watch, the locals!!
The locals are often heard saying.....'your not from round here?'lol

gremlin
06-02-2010, 09:25 AM
I used to have a baseball bat by the bed and if anyone uninvited came up the stairs they would have got it around the head, and as our stairs are very steep I would hope there would be a few broken bones by the time they hit the bottom. There does seem to be a lack of sensible law on this, surely if someone comes into your home and threatens you, you should have every right to defend yourself to whatever point you are made safe. If a mugger on the street gets community service why should a householder defending their family get a harsher sentence. I think my mother in laws run in sums it up, she put barbed wire along her fence because the local scumbags were using her garden as an escape route when being chased by plod and she felt threatened, plod told her to remove it in case the little darlings hurt themselves. I would have thought having your balls ripped off on a fence after burgling or mugging someone would be a decent enough punishment!

pegboy
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Friends of my wife live up in north London (Winchmore Hill way?) Few days before Christmas of 2008They were all alseep Mum Dad three young kids, upstairs, when the wife woke up the husband after hearing this very loud banging. The husband gets up grabs his baseball bat by the bed and gets to the top of the stairs where he saw at the bottom four thugs had just kicked thier front door down. Two of them told him not to come down stairs or else, saying they have a gun?? while the others took the keys to his X5 grab most of the presents under the tree and searched the ground floor for whatever else they could find. With all the screaming and shouting all the kids woke up the wife had already called the police and trying to calm the kids down whilst allowing someone to search your house.
What a christmas they had. Now people like this if caught, which they never were, should be serious punished and that would surely make people think twice about committing the crime. I can not understand why you would do such a thing other than being totally disrespectful to human race.

He11cat
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Thats the way it seems to be going...
Same as you can't buy a nice car anymore without some scumbag keying it... you work hard for stuff and some thieving lowlife thinks Il have a bit of that... never done a days work in their life..

cutting their thumb off as a warning.. then their grotty little hand would soon stop it!!

Oh worked at a party a while ago choice bunch of people and I am no snob... they strolled in trousers rolled up to show off their electronic tags... unreal....

Blue thats terrible to mindlessly destroy is well lowest of low..

I worry about being alone .. but hey ho.

BluprintZ
06-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I worry about being alone .. but hey ho.

More of a deterent since i've been on my own for the last ten years, a good early warning system.
I'm pretty sure that if he did attack an intruder, the powers that be would have him put down.

G ; )

He11cat
07-02-2010, 12:39 AM
oh he's handsome!!..
One day Il have another one.. I have to fuss over my friends ones now!