PDA

View Full Version : Hard wearing tyre.....

Headhunter
24-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

I need your recommendations on a long lasting tyre.

It costs a small fortune to get 160/60 tyres in the land of Oil & Gas (100 pounds shipping alone), so to save money I’m basically looking for something which is:

1. Hard wearing – specifically in the centre given the miles and miles of boring straight roads.

2. Still offers good grip and everything else you look for in a tyre.

Does anyone have any recommendations from their experience or is it case of horses for courses?

Have religously used Pirelli Diablo back in the UK but wondered if there is something else more appropriate for my requirements.

Many thanks!

Jon.

Gadget
24-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi Jonathan.

2CT are pretty good. I get an extra couple of thousand miles more out of them than I did Pirelli Diablo's. They cost an extra £30 a pair but you get more than that back in the extra mileage. Also they make the bike feel a lot more capable in the wet and in bends at speed.

I like them a lot.

Ducmon
24-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi,

I have found that the avon storms are ok. They dont wear out to quickly on the auto bahns and have good grip on the corners being a dual compound tire.
Ducmon

StuartJames
24-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I have found that the avon storms are ok. They dont wear out to quickly on the auto bahns and have good grip on the corners being a dual compound tire.
Ducmon

I've got Diablos on my bike at the moment, not sure if they will last as long as other some other tyres but I've had no problems with them so far.

I find I get a lot more feel back from them than other tyres giving me more confidence from day to day riding. So this more than compensates for longer lasting tyres if I change them before they get too worn down.

alan c
24-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Michelin pilot power 2,s are very good, i put them on my Fazer that i use for work everyday and i have now put them on the S2R. They last a long time and are great in the wet. The 2ct that Gadget uses is the same tyre but a softer compound, they wont last as long but if you are going to do trackdays and loads of fast riding then the 2ct would be best. I have done about 10,000 on the pilot powers on the Fazer, a lot of motorway work and because they are dual compound the tyre still looks good.

Cheers

alan

Headhunter
24-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Cheers guys. Really appreciated!