PDA

View Full Version : Sons!

Liz
18-01-2010, 08:45 PM
For anyone who may remember my 'I need cheering up' post, youngest son came round tonight and oldest son (who's now in the Navy), phoned me - how much better can it get? :biggrin:

DaffyDuc
18-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey! Waiters for Sunday (it sounds like you may need some)

orangepeel
18-01-2010, 08:59 PM
For anyone who may remember my 'I need cheering up' post, youngest son came round tonight and oldest son (who's now in the Navy), phoned me - how much better can it get? :biggrin:

Thanks for reminding me Liz, I must call my mother and have a chat.

Neil

Liz
18-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey! Waiters for Sunday (it sounds like you may need some)

LOL! One's 'on ship', the other's working, but at least they're talking to me!

Liz
18-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks for reminding me Liz, I must call my mother and have a chat.

Neil

Glad to be of assistance! Your mother will always worry about you! Mine hates the fact I still want to ride a bike 'at my age'. Hey, I've missed out on riding a bike for about 18 years, I've got to make up for it at some stage!!

DaffyDuc
18-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't think my two can remember a time when we didn't have at least one bike in the garage. Ive no idea if they worry or not as it's never been discussed - is that bad? (Son on moped though, I spend all day waiting for a phone call from hospital, police, husband anyone really :on:).

Oh yes and I must ring my mother as well!! (I don't think she knows about the bikes)

Liz
18-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't think my two can remember a time when we didn't have at least one bike in the garage. Ive no idea if they worry or not as it's never been discussed - is that bad? (Son on moped though, I spend all day waiting for a phone call from hospital, police, husband anyone really :on:).

Oh yes and I must ring my mother as well!! (I don't think she knows about the bikes)

Debbie, I know what you mean about 'waiting for a phone call'. Both of my boys drive cars but I hope I have instilled in them about motorcyclists and being careful in their cars.
:worried:

scrapps
19-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Hi liz it's James 16th birthday today and he has already started to hassle me about getting a moped.
I Got him a tv for his birthday but I am looking out for a moped for him.
So if anyone on the forum knows of one going for a good price(even one that needs a bit of tlc) please let me know.

jimbo696
19-01-2010, 10:02 AM
There is one for sale at the end of Sturry Rd/Military rd in C'bury...a Peugeot 206 livery model, looks good.....it is in the car dealers just before the rab...

scrapps
19-01-2010, 11:27 AM
There is one for sale at the end of Sturry Rd/Military rd in C'bury...a Peugeot 206 livery model, looks good.....it is in the car dealers just before the rab...

Cheers Jim i will take a look.

He11cat
19-01-2010, 12:13 PM
most family come round in the end..
I am currently getting from my Mother .. well I didn't get tierd and coped without a problem at your age...
Yes Mum but you wasn't on your own at the time with 2 lads to look after and a mental job and an ex who is making life very hard..on a solo income after 13 years..grrrrrrrrr
I am not calling home at the mo or I will explode..

Thirdway
19-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Son on moped though, I spend all day waiting for a phone call from hospital, police, husband anyone really :on:).

Does it help ?:scratch:

He11cat
19-01-2010, 05:19 PM
My Mum told the mechanic fixing my bike last year .can't you break it or not fix it..
She will die on one of those things...(cheers Mum!!!) she hates bikes.

maybe a tank would make her chillax a bit..

I think she also used to say ..don't expect me to come and scrape you off of the road lol...
Motherly love ... lol... mind you I can hear myself talking like my Mum... or saying things she says and I find myself wincing!!..even to children I work with.

Id let a child of mine have a bike .. If they want to they will, and you may as well make sure they are safe and doing stuff proper with training rather then 3 up on a Honda melody popping wheelies with no lids and being a general pain in the bum like 3 boys I saw the other night going down the main road!!!

I guess they do that when your not looking anyway but there you go.

Pomp1
19-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi liz it's James 16th birthday today and he has already started to hassle me about getting a moped.
I Got him a tv for his birthday but I am looking out for a moped for him.
So if anyone on the forum knows of one going for a good price(even one that needs a bit of tlc) please let me know.

Rather than a moped why don't you get him something with gears? early bikes (like an early Aprilia Futura/RS or Cagiva Mito) are far better bikes if he wants to step up to a big bike in future and they work out at the same price more or less..

DaffyDuc
19-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Does it help ?:scratch:

No, not in the least!

DaffyDuc
19-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Rather than a moped why don't you get him something with gears? early bikes (like an early Aprilia Futura/RS or Cagiva Mito) are far better bikes if he wants to step up to a big bike in future and they work out at the same price more or less..

Good Idea. Our son has a 50cc Sachs MadAss - geared. We did buy him a day with an instructor when he got it after doing his CBT. He's 17 tomorrow and will move up to a m/bike. Also, as we discovered the CBT done at 16 is valid for the step up to a 125cc. Oh yes the instructor said it was a good move to get a geared moped.