PDA

View Full Version : Who's up for a Trackday this year ???

J.P
15-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I've just been perving over the Hottrax website and the dates they've got for Portimao, Portugal, on May 29th-31st, with accommodation included from about £655, and it just got me thinking about what dates I might be looking at in the UK this year.
No Limits have the same sort of package for March 19th-21st at £679.
I'm 40 this year so thought I might treat myself....

Cadwell Park, hopefully, though my usual company, Rapid training, seem to only have Tuesday's this year at that one, so I'll be looking to book with someone else.
Brands Hatch obviously, because it's just down the road from me.

What about you ?

scrapps
15-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I am up for a few more this year cadwell and brands plus maybe a return to mallory park.
let me know what date you are looking at.

gregski
15-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I would like to try a track day this year as I never did before. Maybe we can link up and put some dates together??

J.P
15-01-2010, 03:24 PM
RedGreg, if you're interested in dates it's worth looking at the NO LIMITS or HOTTRAX websites for dates.
Aloways a good idea to aim for Cadwell Park on a Monday so that the journey up can be done on the Sunday at leisure. Both companies have loads of dates.
I'll probably look at August 2nd or 9th

ladybird
15-01-2010, 04:36 PM
If it was a UKMOC only (+good friends) I'd be more interested.

I wasn't impressed with the "instructors" and some of the people who were allegedly slow or inexperienced on the day of the one at Cadwell.
Ho hum.

scrapps
15-01-2010, 04:57 PM

I wasn't impressed with the "instructors" and some of the people who were allegedly slow or inexperienced on the day of the one at Cadwell.
Ho hum.

Yep i was not impessed with the lack of help given to you. try with no limits they are a great company and always happy to help.
try brands its close and a easy track to learn.

phil996
16-01-2010, 11:16 AM
The Rapid dates are out at the end of the month. They are doing Brands, Mallory, Cadwell and Oulton Park.
I will, work permiting be up for most, although not on the S4r as it is going, to make room for a new addition!

Stafford
16-01-2010, 11:33 AM

Ho hum.

You should have come to the Duacatisti one at Pembrey run by Phil Bevan (?) LB. There were a couple of girls there doing there first TD and got some really good 1 2 1 help.
Certainly up for more this year, just off to rebuild the forks this afternoon.

slob
16-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Triumph John and I hope do be doing a few.

I did Cartagena (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=20419&highlight=cartagena) with Focused in November 06, that rocked!

I seriously want to do Spa this year.

NattyBoy
16-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Sounds goodn to me - didnt get out last year and might have a new toy for this season !

pegboy
16-01-2010, 08:21 PM
oh yes definately, had a taster last year at Mallory Park on my tod, so would be well up for more than one this year with friendly faces, although the day was great and friendly people. I have emailed rapid training for dates.

I can do any day so long as i have time to organise work, kids, van etc

PDL
17-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Oulton, Angelsey and Cadwell for me. I am at Angelsey on 30th Jan, and Oulton is only 13 miles from my house.

pegboy
17-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Just has this email from Rapid Training, the date for trackdays, i'd really like to do Cadwell on 25/5

Our Track program for 2010 is

Tue 25.5 at Cadwell
Tue 8.6 at Oulton
Mon 5.7 at Snetterton
Tue 24.8 at Cadwell
Mon 13.9 at Brands

Who's up for what?

Pomp1
17-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Just has this email from Rapid Training, the date for trackdays, i'd really like to do Cadwell on 25/5

Our Track program for 2010 is

Tue 25.5 at Cadwell
Tue 8.6 at Oulton
Mon 5.7 at Snetterton
Tue 24.8 at Cadwell
Mon 13.9 at Brands

Who's up for what?

25/5 is in between the Weekender and the WDW, so personally I would give it a miss. Me, I'd much more prefer Cadwell in August or Brands in September. Is someone organizing a UKMOC track days like you guys did last year?

Mand
18-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Oulton, Angelsey and Cadwell for me. I am at Angelsey on 30th Jan, and Oulton is only 13 miles from my house.

I assume that's you at Oulton? and were you out yesterday? There was a red Monster spotted at a petrol station yesterday near to Weaver Bridge, was that you?

PDL
18-01-2010, 09:00 AM
I assume that's you at Oulton? and were you out yesterday? There was a red Monster spotted at a petrol station yesterday near to Weaver Bridge, was that you?

Hi Mand, yes that is me at Oulton on a very wet and greasy track. Wasn't me yesterday though the bike's not been out of the garage for a month. I need to get it out this week though and prep it for Angelsey and also test out my new GoPro Wide camera. :)

J.P
18-01-2010, 09:06 AM
PDL, I think it's a bit much to be on track at the same time as that building behind you......

Gilps
18-01-2010, 09:23 AM
PDL, I think it's a bit much to be on track at the same time as that building behind you......

That looks like Lodge at Oulton.

J.P
18-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I wonder how fast it was travelling Gilps ?

Gilps
18-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I wonder how fast it was travelling Gilps ?

Don't know, but it comes up fast in the last lap of a race when you're trying to hold off two bikes that you have been swapping places with for 8 laps, the front goes light and the bars are shaking, and you drop 2 gears instead of one just as you are about to turn in. Bugger. Despite that it's still my favourite circuit in the UK.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/Gilps/stuff/_mg_2673.jpg

J.P
18-01-2010, 11:19 AM
That looks a lovely place to view the race close up Gilps...

Gilps
18-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Just waiting for the tide to come back in.

PDL
18-01-2010, 11:46 AM
That looks like Lodge at Oulton.

Yup, coming out of Lodge looking at Dears Leap thinking "I won't shut off, I won't shut off, I won't shut off............." and then shutting off before the apex. :)

Gilps
18-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Is it worth considering organising a UKMOC track day this year? I'm not thinking about anything as grand as the ones Terry used to organise at Mallory, but perhaps if we pick a circuit and set a day then it may be worth seeing of someone like No Limits would set aside some places for us. I attended the Ducatisti track day at Pembrey for the past two years and we had about 30 Dukes turn up. Obviously we weren't the only bikes there but we did have a good atmosphere. Would there be any interest from members for it? I may even consider borrowing a bike and getting out there myself.

J.P
18-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Yep that's what I did back in August last year and got about 12 of us together for Cadwell Park .

Stafford
18-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Well if you'd stop selling them Gilps and not waste it weddings you'd have a bike to bring ;)
What's wrong with the Monster?

As for a TD, pick a day and sign me up, forks now refreshed with oil, clutch parts purchased and fairing on the way. Bring on the sun. :spin:

Gilps
18-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Well if you'd stop selling them Gilps and not waste it weddings you'd have a bike to bring ;)
What's wrong with the Monster?

As for a TD, pick a day and sign me up, forks now refreshed with oil, clutch parts purchased and fairing on the way. Bring on the sun. :spin:

The Monster's going nowhere near a track. I can't afford to damage it. I sold the track bike as I had decided not to do track days any more, and now I'm missing the buzz of track riding.

PDL
18-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Count me in.

scrapps
18-01-2010, 03:07 PM
yep count me in. . it would be good to get a few people together for some trackdays. it may also get me to get the trackday bike sorted this year (not using my monnie)

pegboy
18-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I am in, looking at the dates cost etc Snetterton is £110, Cadwell £120 Brands £185, Although Brands would be fantasic it's a bit rich for me.

I am up for either Snetterton or Cadwell, i will definately do at least one of these.

Tue 25.5 at Cadwell
Mon 5.7 at Snetterton
Tue 24.8 at Cadwell

Anyone else????

i just came across this site and alot cheaper, but then again they say there are instructors but how invovled don't know, any one used these guys before?
http://www.clubmsv.com/bike-home.aspx

Liz
18-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Me, me, me, somehow, somewhere, I'm gonna do it on the 'baby'! :eek:

bigredduke
18-01-2010, 10:19 PM
The Monster's going nowhere near a track. I can't afford to damage it. I sold the track bike as I had decided not to do track days any more, and now I'm missing the buzz of track riding.

FWIW I agree. I did the UKMOC trackday at Mallory on my S4R and although I enjoyed it to a point, there was a palpable sense of relief at the end of each session when I returned to the pits in one piece.

Just a thought. If anyone has a track bike they are not precious about, perhaps they could rent it to a member for some of the sessions when they are not using it. It may even pay for their trackday!

Stafford
18-01-2010, 10:28 PM
FWIW I agree. I did the UKMOC trackday at Mallory on my S4R and although I enjoyed it to a point, there was a palpable sense of relief at the end of each session when I returned to the pits in one piece.

Just a thought. If anyone has a track bike they are not precious about, perhaps they could rent it to a member for some of the sessions when they are not using it. It may even pay for their trackday!

I know what you mean Paul, I did try on the Monster but nowhere near as hard on the 888 last year. But as for lending out your bike (see Jasper on the 888 forum) as Slob once said to me when I offered a spin on mine "If you can't afford to buy it, don't ride it", well something like that. Go on J.P organise another.

uksurfer
18-01-2010, 10:33 PM
i think i'll decline this one, just in case! :mad:

Liz
18-01-2010, 11:16 PM
What is the matter with you lot? I'm gonna do a track day on my cheap, little M600. It is as special to me as any of your 'expensive' bikes, I would be as devastated binning my 'baby' - it's not the cost, it's the emotion.

And if you can't feel the emotion, you shoudn't be riding a bike!

uksurfer
19-01-2010, 07:29 AM
What is the matter with you lot? I'm gonna do a track day on my cheap, little M600. It is as special to me as any of your 'expensive' bikes, I would be as devastated binning my 'baby' - it's not the cost, it's the emotion.

And if you can't feel the emotion, you shoudn't be riding a bike!

Can't afford it :banghead:

Mand
19-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi Mand, yes that is me at Oulton on a very wet and greasy track. Wasn't me yesterday though the bike's not been out of the garage for a month. I need to get it out this week though and prep it for Angelsey and also test out my new GoPro Wide camera. :)

Wet and greasy track? It must have been summer time then. :) I quite fancy taking the Monster around Oulton Park, but then again I quite fancy doing that rallying course they do too. :mand: Enjoy yourself at Anglesey.

bigredduke
19-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I know what you mean Paul, I did try on the Monster but nowhere near as hard on the 888 last year. But as for lending out your bike (see Jasper on the 888 forum) as Slob once said to me when I offered a spin on mine "If you can't afford to buy it, don't ride it", well something like that. Go on J.P organise another.

Oh yes, I know all about the 888 incident at Cadwell last year. I was there and it happened right in front of me. Ironically it was an instructor who didn't actually manage to ride it upright on any of the track, he lost it on the short approach from the pits. Big handful of throttle & cold tyres - a deadly combination. It was a superb example of an 888.

No, I wouldn't want to take a bike of that calibre out at all. I was thinking more of a bit of an old nail that the owner would not be too upset if it suffered a scrape or two, subject to it being repaired by the borrower.

giler
19-01-2010, 02:33 PM
No, I wouldn't want to take a bike of that calibre out at all. I was thinking more of a bit of an old nail that the owner would not be too upset if it suffered a scrape or two, subject to it being repaired by the borrower.

Which one of your is he calling an old nail Staffs, hey?:rolleyes:

Gilps
19-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh yes, I know all about the 888 incident at Cadwell last year. I was there and it happened right in front of me. Ironically it was an instructor who didn't actually manage to ride it upright on any of the track, he lost it on the short approach from the pits. Big handful of throttle & cold tyres - a deadly combination. It was a superb example of an 888.

An excellent piece of muppetry. In his defence he did pay for it to be put right though.

J.P
19-01-2010, 02:58 PM
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=36171

Take your pick Boys.