PDA

View Full Version : Just joined!

grayVTWIN
01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Hullo everyone,

I am about to rejoin the Ducati clan after a five year exile into the world of BMWs and Benellis .. with the odd race yamaha thrown in for good luck. My first Ducati was an 860 GTS back in '78 (I think) .. have owned various models over the years including a lovely little Sebring .. the last being a 900ss. Then had a spell with BMW .. great bikes but I found it soul less. Then a bash at enduro racing on a GasGas.. bit silly really as I didn't start until I was 50 .. that was all a bit sore so I went back to forgotten era racing, which I still play at with a FZR750. Bought a Tornado a couple of years ago and just loved it but demolished it last April thanks to diesel, kind of ruined the race season too but did get back for a couple of outings at the end of the season.
So the need for another road bike is building again and I have just been told about an immaculate Monster 900 on a 'm' plate with Ducati FSH and only 4000 miles on the clock that I can see next week. The 900ss engine was always my favourite so this sounds like a good opportunity if it is as good as it sounds on the phone. I guess that model will need all the head bolds renewed if its not been done already, evidently the belts were changed last year so I am hopeful.
Fingers crossed!

Mike

animaluk
01-01-2010, 10:23 AM
welcome and enjoy your monster im sure you will

LVC
01-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the club Mike

:ukm:

sburrows87
01-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Hello an welcome!