PDA

View Full Version : New Monster 1100 owner in Peterborough

Tony1100
23-12-2009, 07:58 AM
My shiny new silver and red Monster 1100 arrived on Monday, complete with carbon Termi's! :mand:

It looks and sounds great - but I'm devastated that I can't get out on it due to the snow :(

This is my first Ducati and also my first bike for quite a long time, so I'm really looking forward to getting out on to the twisty roads around Lincolnshire.

I have the tail tidy on order, but can anyone recommend some smaller indicators to replace the existing ones?

Also, have many people adjusted the suspension settings? If so, what changes would be recommended over the standard settings?

Thanks.

walpole68
23-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi and welcome,excellent choice in bike,you will love it,loads of photos of bike would be great even in the snow.Suspension is about the only thing i havent done yet as seems ok for road use.

Thirdway
23-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I came from a Street triple with Maxton shock and fork mods. Jumped on the monster and rode it to the edge of the tyres the second time out. Been out on my favourite bumpy B road 2 up and it coped very well. Mine is the S model so has Ohlins. Never touched the suspension.

Hope you get the bug for this bike, it really is a very involving ride, more like a horse than a bike.

Capo
23-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm in Wisbech my 'playground' is the local Norfolk back roads.

BluprintZ
23-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Ah yes, suspension settings - Hard, a bit harder, feckin' hard, that's yer lot.
Only joking...i think!
Welcome to the show mate, glad you're enjoying the Monster.

G ; ) :mand:.

Tony1100
05-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Now that all the snow has gone, I've finally been able to get out on my bike. It was definitely worth the wait! The cans sound great, especially with the baffles out! Here are a few pictures...

Done a few tweaks so far. Termi carbon cans, complete with black exhaust brackets and Rizoma rear indicators. Just waiting for Ducati UK to send me a tail tidy to finish the rear end off.

southfrance
05-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Very nice bike, I got to ride one exactly like yours for a day and loved it, I also like the silver red colour as the wheels match the tank etc.. ENJOY !

SF

Albie
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the club and a good choice.I have the Ohlin model like Walpole and do not seem to need to adjust as yet. Carbon termis and then the list follows. Do try to keep up ...... It gets expensive but worth it if you like the look.

I saved money on getting the evotech tail tidy as only £80 and is very neat and black powdercoated aluminium. Im happy with the indicators myself.

Enjoy the ride.

Snips
06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Very nice, congrats!

kneedown
06-02-2010, 09:30 PM
I came from a Street triple with Maxton shock and fork mods. Jumped on the monster and rode it to the edge of the tyres the second time out. Been out on my favourite bumpy B road 2 up and it coped very well. Mine is the S model so has Ohlins. Never touched the suspension.

Hope you get the bug for this bike, it really is a very involving ride, more like a horse than a bike.

not off the tyres your not trying very hard
need to do better than that