PDA

View Full Version : Simpson diamondback immaculate

He11cat
19-12-2009, 04:59 AM
This breaks my heart .... is one of the coolest things I have ever owned...

My Matt black Simpson Diamondback XS size 54cm (I fit 54 /55/56!). or 6 5/8 .

With much sadness I have decided to sell my Evil Stig lid.

This is my 3rd Simpson as I have never found a better lid
This lid has been worn under 15 times and not on the road or track mainly for photos.
It comes with 2 visors which are expensive alone!! One clear and one dark all Simpson branded brought from GPR (Dark one cost £65 at the time but are a bit less now) Simpson helmet bag , box and tear offs.

It is memory foam inside and this is so comfy!!!!!..
D ring closure..
the eyeports on these are small however I use my RX most of the time and its not a problem to me.

The spec on the lid is below ..there really is not another helmet like it.
I have a craft , Shark, a bandit and a soumi , yes one for each bike.. I use my Simpsons 90% of the time as they are so good... for me beats shoei and arai anyday !!
And lets be honest its way cooler and safe!
The finish on these are something else!

this is the tech bumf!

Simpson Diamondback helmet from Simpson immortalised by the Stig on BBC's Top Gear
Aggressive and Mean, as worn by The Stig on Top Gear !.
The shell is manufactured from a composite of lightweight CARBON!!!, kevlar and fibreglass. The lining is form fitting fire resistant nomex. Available in gloss black or white and is supplied with a clear visor.

Full SA2005 Standard, UK Motorsport & Track use Approved.
The Diamondback's futuristic design elements command attention with a unique diamond pattern crown design and contrasting vent screens in the Chin Air Ram Ducts.

Meets SA2005 Standards
Unique Chin Bar and Crowndesign, Lightweight Carbon, Kevlar and Fiberglass composite shell, diamond pattern crown design
Standard equipped with a Clear shield, optional dark and replacement shields are available.
Chin air ram ducts with distinct contrasting vents
Aerodynamic Counter Measures(A.C.M.) for increased stability
Exclusive impact absorbing liner with form fitting, fire-resistant lining
Shields are anti-fog with hard coating

This helmet meets required MSA UK Motorsport guidelines as Snell SA2005 -sticker inside helmet under liner -(I need to look in mine).

New this is about £600 of kit and is Matt black special colour the white and gloss black are cheaper.

I would like £300 if poss.. its like new .. the only thing I can see is a few tiny bobbles under the chin bar on the liner which will probably come off .. and to be honest with in a couple of wears of a new one your going to get them

This has sat in a box in my room for some time now .
I can hand on heart say it has not been dropped or banged .. or seen to much daylight except for a few pics!!!

Reason for sale .. I love it so much but I don't wear it .. to be honest if I dropped it I would have a fit!!.. I am a big Stig fan so that is kind of why I have it and its the dogs of all lids .
Also I am selling my Streetfighter yam as well so I just won't wear it as it was for that bike.

I have a custom sprayed Simpson Rx which is a bit tatty but I love it!
I planned on custom spraying this lid .

I am mainly selling as Hector has a tank problem now ... and water is getting in my fuel and causing running problems and my clutch saga ... the bike needs to be looked at and this would help foot the bill.

Is going on the bay of evil but if someone wants it shout and il take it off.. as long as 12 hours before auction ends..is running for 3 days. I will forfeit my £7 (what a rip off) fees

I would rather this collected as its a valuable bit of kit!... postage will be about £15 as I would insure it for the buyer..

Capo
19-12-2009, 08:55 AM
This ought to get some comments down at your local McDonalds on a friday night.

http://www.bandithelmets.com/Ghost/Ghost_1-BGlo.jpg

http://www.bandithelmets.com/Ghost/Ghost_2-BGlo.jpg

He11cat
19-12-2009, 01:21 PM
ewww thats vile!!!!...... who'd wear that!! lol not even me!

Johnnyrob
19-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Daimondback is a wicked lid. That german bandit thing is sh!te...

I've a Super Bandit 5 in white (and an Arai & a Suomy) & I love it!

Good luck with the sale hellcat!

Albie
19-12-2009, 03:12 PM
The simpson looks so cool. Too cool for me too wear. I like it a lot but got a new lid.

He11cat
19-12-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't want it to go ..... its so comfy.. and ive never had a lid like it ... the nomex lining is great!! It looks stunning and I have only seen one other on the road in white and he looked the nuts!

I will save my penny's for another Simpson Bandit as I would like to have a helmet that matches the bike when its sprayed... But my RX with monster teeth will do for now.

But if I don't sort Hector out... :( I am pretty concerned about my clutch now.. its not right, way to heavy.. may be off to see Carl in the new year... :(

Deadly serious about getting this bike right as I want to keep it is my pride and joy..
So my Yam Streetfighter is going up for sale in Jan.. time to move on I had my fun on it and well just seems a bit dull when you have a monster to ride and a Kat.. both have there own ways about them.

He11cat
19-12-2009, 03:30 PM
oh also have a tank problem which has now got worse...:(
water collecting under the cap and pooling and I suspect getting in the fuel.
I have to keep mopping it up.

was a little bit of a problem that was spotted when it first got but never been troublesome.
Debris blocking must be breather hole..

Tank will need to come off be drained and unblocked.. groan..
For now I just keep mopping it up and drying it .

Put pro FST in it.. but last Sunday he basically died every few 100 yards which has never happened before with the bike always been good as gold.

so either carb icing he just spluttered and died.. constantly... I had to keep the revs up and after I bike to petrol station and completely filled the tank he was ok.. took him for a 20 miles blast and he was fine. So either he needs more Pro FST which I suspect as well.. as I just chucked a capful in and is carb icing or water is getting into the fuel ... got to get the basics right before I can start the modding!

gary tompkins
19-12-2009, 04:47 PM
That German lid's a bit dodgy - looks like a lady's front bottom :eyepopping:

Yorkie
19-12-2009, 04:57 PM
What sort of lady's have you been with???

Yorkie.

BluprintZ
19-12-2009, 05:08 PM
What sort of lady's have you been with???

Yorkie.

Why did i just KNOW that you were gonna say that Yorkie, feckin' ell mate, you crack me up.
Anyway, how's things mate?

G ; ) :chuckle:.

He11cat
19-12-2009, 08:13 PM
lol.... mm maybe one with not a good surgeon

the bandit one reminds me of somthing out of the starwars bar's arse...

Capo
19-12-2009, 09:09 PM
A helmet painter could have fun along those lines :biggrin:

He11cat
20-12-2009, 12:43 AM
ooh you naughty man lol :)

He11cat
20-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I just got a message would I like to swap my mint Diamond back for a Roof lid...??????
errrrrr scratches her head...

NO! .. not as bad as did I want to swap my ER5 for a dingy..

Whats the matter with people on Evilbay!!

Usually your selling because you need some dosh...

Now if he had said my "bamboo" Roof boxer.... lol NO!!!!!! FFS!

giler
21-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Pity it's an XS - wouldn't get it on my noggin.

He11cat
21-12-2009, 08:49 AM
lol.. I only have a little brain!! lol

giler
21-12-2009, 09:29 AM
I very much doubt that!

He11cat
21-12-2009, 10:15 AM
lol...if I shake my head there's a rattling noise... and I am sure if you look into my lughole daylight can be seen through the other side lol...

gary tompkins
21-12-2009, 09:12 PM
It could be your ear rings?

He11cat
21-12-2009, 09:38 PM
dam those Pat Butcher earrings!!!! :)

sburrows87
22-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Paaaaattttt!!!

He11cat
22-12-2009, 12:13 PM
RICCCCCCCCCKY!!!!! .. thats Bianca !! lol .. should be 'Oh Frank..." as she giggles her pendulous ear lobes..in that sexy husky voice of hers .... get the bunting out Frank!! lol...

Il relist lid one more time and go and pop it up for sale a few other places .. not the best time of year to sell..
But no way am I selling it for the price of a kicked about Simpson Bandit... £299 its a steal for someone as I swear its immaculate.. not a mark on the shell.. and the black visor with it as well as a clear , tearoffs and bag... someone and not just saying this will be chuffed to bits .. they don't come up second hand and it looks like New.. I get it out smile and then put it back!

Not been abused.. with that matt black dupont finish you would know if it had been.. would show up like a sore thumb!!

He11cat
23-12-2009, 02:46 AM
well sob it sold .. I got my asking price.. but boy am I sad to see it go..

I feel very sad as I will never spend £600 on a lid again..just don't have money to burn these days!
And it is an amazing bit of kit... nothing like it!!!... im a bit lost now as everything else feels a bit rubbish!!! bit like owning a 1098 I spose then having a C90 !!

What was funny was its sold to a long haired Simpson wearing Karter and musician.. lol..
I thought it was someone I knew on a wind up at first.. as I have a total soft spot for Long haired Simpson wearing chaps.. they are rare lol.... I thought who is this? very funny!!

Nothing I do is ever normal and I have ended up guessing what shampoo he washes his hair with..lol
Its one of my fav ones ...lol buy a lid from me and I find out all your secrets LOL!

Anyway I have to post it asap I hope he gets it ok and I really hope its what he wanted!!!

Some people are fine others are very very fussy.. so I really really hope its up to his liking and standard.
Before I spend the lolly on the Hector..
Fingers crossed!!