PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Bush needed...

Trent
16-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi All,

A mate has an old Cagiva Elefant with knackered suspension bearings and bushes. Cagiva don't supply the parts any more, but we've discovered that the later model Monsters (Post hoop models), ST4 etc etc use a similar bush in the top suspension link.

It's the long bush in the middle of the linkage that he needs.
It measures 18mm OD x 12mm ID x 100mm long.
The part number is 715.1.004.1A

So... Does anyone have one of these bushes lying around that's in good condition that they're willing to part with for a coupla beer tokens and some postage??

We know we can buy a new one from Ducati, but we're hoping to get a cheap secondhand one that's in good condition. The bikes worth nowt, so spending a coupla hundred quid on new suspension parts (bearings. bushes, seals etc) is not really an option for him.

Cheers
Trent

dunlop0_1
16-12-2009, 07:14 PM
I can have a go at making one for you if you have no success with the OE.
100x18x12 steel or aluminium?

Trent
17-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the offer... :thumbsup:

I have a lathe at home so could make one as well - The problem is that it's hardened steel - Once the bush is machined and hardened, it needs to be precision ground to the correct diameter.

It wouldn't be worth the hassle compared to buying a new one.

I think he's going to bite the bullet and buy a new Monster one - there's a Ducati dealer just down the road from his work, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.