PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Ladystars

He11cat
15-12-2009, 04:08 AM
I hear give you an extra inch!!!

Are they worth the pricetag??

And anyone know who the cheapest stockist is that will take returns.

I am usually a size 5 .. but people say ladystars can come up to big or to small!! and no way do I want to be left with a pair of boots that don't fit.. im usually safe with a 5..however frank thomas size 5's crippled me but my Belstaffs are a 5 and too big (I just wear thicker socks or two pairs).

I am budget shopping as my clutch needs sorting and I need heated gloves and neither are cheap things to get .. :(

Paivi
15-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I know two girlies who've used them and swear by them. PM Sweetpea here, as she's got them, being only the size of a fire extinguisher.

Nonnie
15-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Ebay my dear? That way you can stick em back on if they no good.

Nonnie (Queen of ebay)

singletrack
15-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I use them - i usuallly take size 5, and am a 5/38 in Daytona Ladystars. (With Sidis or Alpinestars I need a size 6/39)
I wouldn't be without them. That extra half inch ( or whatever it is) makes a big difference to me.
Can't you get to a Girls Bike2 shop to try some on forsize?

He11cat
15-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I have been lurking on ebay.. for months and not found any yet!!... some on at the mo il check the size..
Im such a shorty...

Why is it everytime I buy something then relist I end up selling it for next to nothing on the bay of evil!! lol

What someone is smaller then me!!! never!!

gremlin
16-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I bought some Daytona boots from Benson a while back, I don't think they're ladystars but even they give a bit of height. I absolutely live in them they are so comfy, mine are size 4 and a trifle big but ok with thick socks.

Paivi
16-12-2009, 03:03 PM
How about the Icon Bombshell boots (http://www.ultimatebikegear.co.uk/products/Icon-Bombshell-Boots.html)?

http://www.ultimatebikegear.co.uk/product_images/m/icon_bombshell_web__95745_thumb.jpg

He11cat
16-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I like them...lol
I used to have over 50 pairs of boots and totter about in 5 inch spikes..to the shops , thigh highs on the back of bikes.. I actually regret not having the spikes .. as I liked tottering about ..
But then well hmmph... got sucked into boring world..

Now I love my Madfish boots the best not sexy, not ladylike unless you like tank girl.. and they have a bounce to em!! and give me an extra 3 inches!!
Mostly I live in bike boots or silly DM'S now due to work and bikes..

ohh I am going to try and find some Ladystars .. and buy some cheap levers for now... woman and footwear!!..lol..oh I am such a boot tart at heart!!

Paivi
16-12-2009, 06:40 PM
If I'd use the Monster for commuting, I'd look at the Bombshells or the Hellas (ankle boots), to wear with my casuals. I can get away with my high heel boots with the scoot, but they're really not ideal on the Monster.

He11cat
16-12-2009, 11:45 PM
I ride a CG125 to work.. and I can touch the ground if I kinda tilt it to one side ..
It is as light as a feather and I even rode it in the snow today :)
Was quite chuffed I went to bike club ..lots of cars and little me on my little bike in Summer camos (waterproof crisis at the mo).. my trousers got wet then kind of froze.. and then the velcro that was holding my knox pads in decided to let go ..and my bum got wet!!.. but i enjoyed the ride home!

Mand
17-12-2009, 07:18 AM
I used to have over 50 pairs of boots

50 pairs of boots? Lordy! I would need another house to store all of those, I have the feet the size of a griffin....

He11cat
17-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Not now I had lots of new pairs in boxes..never touched lol..sold.. I also went from a size 4 to a 5 suddenly so then loads no longer fitted.

But I still have a thing for boots but had curbed it now ..