PDA

View Full Version : Britol Italian Festival 2010

Half Man Half Mole
08-12-2009, 09:36 AM
This years Britol Italian day is on Saturday 24th April 2010.

One for the 2010 diary :). More info here:

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/meets-rideouts-uk/41064-2010-bristol-italian-auto-moto-festival.html

http://www.biamf.co.uk/

Mike

PS I don't seem to be able to get into '2010' on the calendar to post it :(

giler
08-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I'll go and put it on my 2010 UKMOC calendar now, always a great day.

uksurfer
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
that sounds good, might have to have a run up to there, all cross country from here!

NattyBoy
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
I'll go and put it on my 2010 UKMOC calendar now, always a great day.

...yeah...Shandy can shove his wedding...lol !!

My birthday too..:booze:

giler
08-12-2009, 01:21 PM
...yeah...Shandy can shove his wedding...lol !!

My birthday too..:booze:

Oh bollards!:grump:

simon_g
08-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Been meaning to go to this for a few years - a mate lives in Bristol and I've known about it (and seen the pics!) from the Alfa owners clubs. Will be great to get down there on my Monster.

Paivi
08-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I'll be there, Moley!

Stafford
08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I guess I'll mosey over. Do you need a bike this time Big red?

Liz
08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
that sounds good, might have to have a run up to there, all cross country from here!

Collect me on the way Martin!

bigredduke
21-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I guess I'll mosey over. Do you need a bike this time Big red?

Just booked the Novotel in the centre of Bristol. £69 for a family room including an all-you-can-stuff-down-your-gullet stylie buffet breakfast. Can't wait.

For those of you who haven't yet been to this event - GO, it's a cracker!

Stafford, you are a gent, I will let you know in good time.:banana:

Goody76
25-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Bristol Italian AutoMoto Festival
Saturday April 24th 2010
www.biamf.co.uk

It is that time of year again and so we proudly announce the dates for the Eighth Bristol Italian Automoto Festival (BIAMF).

The Festival is the best free event for Italian vehicle enthusiasts in the UK. Focussed around Corn Street in Bristol's Italianate City Centre, the bikes and cars will be parked 'Latin Style' in what will be the most charismatic, City Centre Moto festivals the Country will experience all year. The morning and afternoon “Start your engines” sessions, will make the 'Old City' shake to the sounds of pent-up horsepower, unleashed for the joyous appreciation of the owners and spectators alike.

The BIAMF will take place in Bristol City Centre on Saturday, April 24th and will have Alfa Romeo as the featured car marque in honour of the centenary of one of the best-loved makes in the history of motoring. Aprilia, who have achieved over 40 World Championships in their relatively short history, will be our featured two-wheeler marque.

Planning is in progress and details of how to enter will be appearing shortly, so watch the website! Prospective entrants should make early contact as spaces will be limited.

All Show & Car related enquiries should be directed to Paul Hanmore of the ‘Italian AutoMoto Club’ (www.ItalianAutoMotoClub.co.uk); biamf@ourhemanpal.co.uk

The Bike Zone will again be organised by the Ducati Owners Club, Bristol Branch. Any enquiries specific to the bikes should be made to Sean Good (www.docgb.org); bristol@docgb.net

Steve'o'M900
25-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Shandy who was in charge of the calendar in your house!!! damn double date wedding, wot time does it start, we could have a cheeky ride over to Brizzal and then back to Swindon before she makes it up the isle!!!

giler
26-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Shandy who was in charge of the calendar in your house!!! damn double date wedding, wot time does it start, we could have a cheeky ride over to Brizzal and then back to Swindon before she makes it up the isle!!!

We don't need to see all the ceremony pants bits - just turn up at night for the p*ss up!

Steve'o'M900
26-01-2010, 11:13 PM
We don't need to see all the ceremony pants bits - just turn up at night for the p*ss up!

Good point mate!! right Andy see you at 8ish.....lol

MonstaChicky
27-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, seeing as I only live 20 minutes down the road from Bristol...it would be silly not to go...

I have the comfiest sofa in the world too if anyone wants somewhere to bunk down... Or a meetup point to ride-up from???... (ulterior motive...so I don't have to ride up on my own!!!)

:)

uksurfer
27-01-2010, 08:42 PM
do we need to book up for this?
hopefully a few of us hampsters should be there!

Shandy
27-01-2010, 09:38 PM

Defo not me in charge of picking the dates, it starts at 1pm mate, you'll be able to make it back easy...........i did suggest postponing so i could make it to brizzle, from a distance, behind bullet proof glass............that got a swift 'you can **** right off'...........:rolleyes:

Good point mate!! right Andy see you at 8ish.....lol

No pobs Jacko or Lucky will eat your dinners if you miss the early part.........lol

Stafford
27-01-2010, 10:01 PM
do we need to book up for this?
hopefully a few of us hampsters should be there!

Nope just get you're ass over to Gordano nice and early mate. Unless you mean Shandy's wedding? :running:

MonstaChicky
28-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Ah...Gordano meetup?...that's my junction :)

chris yeatman
29-01-2010, 06:56 PM
could be up for this,

Goody76
11-04-2010, 02:11 PM
MEETING PLACE
The car park of the motorway services at Easton In Gordano (J19 of the M5). We will meet in the far corner near the raised grass bank.

DEPARTURE TIME
We will meet at any time 0830hrs onward, with a departure time of 0930hrs. (Giving us 30 minutes to travel the 9 miles or so into Bristol and enter the festival for 1000hrs)

ROUTE
The route will be straight forward (although slightly different from last years route), and marked along the way with lamp post markers - as per the ones used last year. I will be placing these markers at all changes in direction, with a few extra along the route. So unless you see a marker please just keep on the road you are on.

So a slightly different route to last year. This is down to two things;
Firstly, on a safety issue, due to the growing amount of ‘pot holes’ & our normal route seems to have suffered more than most.
Secondly, the show seems to be growing more and more in popularity each year so with all of this in mind we have taken a simpler more direct route into the festival.

The bikes will all be leaving in Marques (if numbers require it these may still be broken into smaller packets). The featured Marque (Aprilia – this year) will lead the ride in.

We will leave the Services turning left onto the A369 towards Bristol (that’s the hard bit), we will now be simply staying on this road. Keep following this road, do not turn off, until you reach the roundabout that leads us onto the A370. Of course you will then see the BIAMF markers that will show you to go straight over this roundabout (the 11 o’clock slip road off the roundabout), this will send you in the right direction to the show. Once on the A370 we will then follow the signs for Bristol City Centre over the Cumberland Basin Bridge and then follow the A4 towards the centre. Past ‘Explore Bristol’. Up to the traffic signal controlled junction with the bottom of Park Street. Right onto St Augustine’s Parade (past The Hippodrome). We will enter the centre and keep right, turning back on our selves before following your highlighted access points (per Marque) into the festival location. There should be Marshalls here who will direct you and endeavour to park you up promptly.

Great care and expense has been spent in organising this show and all the aspects of the Ride-In as well as the Marque locations on site. Please can all kindly follow the Marshalls guidance

As all are (or should be) aware, this show is being held in recognition of all things Italian. However it is widely accepted that there will be people who also want to attend the show but may not own an Italian motorcycle. Please can these people be informed that they are more than welcome to the meeting at Gordano Services, to the Ride In (although can I kindly ask that you accept that you follow the ride in at the back of the group), and lastly that you will be required to park elsewhere. Parking has been organised and allocated close to the show on the corner of St Stephens Street. If this is then full there is additional parking on the corner of Queen Charlotte Street. The Marshalls on the day will be aware of these and will be able to direct you to them. Please understand this is not done to be awkward but simply in keeping with the theme of the show, and the possible lack of display parking otherwise.

VOLOUNTEER MARSHALLS
I am looking for volunteers to Marshall the ride in, this could be in two roles; Ride-In Marshall or a Show Site Marshall.
Ride-In Marshalls will simply be people to organise and direct one of the many packets of vehicles of the ride in (High Viz Vests Recommended).
Show Site Marshalls will simply be people not involved in the ride in who can help with getting all the bikes in from the ride in (off the main highway) and into their allocated Marque locations – also watching for the afore mentioned Non-Italian bike riders (High Viz Vests Recommended).

Goody76
11-04-2010, 02:13 PM
*** THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE MONTH ***

SATURDAY 24th APRIL - Bristol Italian AutoMoto Festival. Corn Street. Bristol. I am sure that most of you know the programme for this meet (for those forgetful ones out there though), I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on your Italian Steeds at Easton-In-Gordano Services anytime after 8:30am ready for regular Ride-In to the festival.

You will also be excited and glad to know that we will also have a very modest selection of Festival merchandise on sale this year (including the hotly anticipated BIAMF DVD). This can be found on the website (2009 Comments) and will be on sale at the Festival itself, with this in mind I hope you will all show your support of this new venture (preferably with a purchase or two).

So I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Goody76
11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I have been chatting to fellow forum user who has a good friend who is now a (sorry to say this) traffic copper.

It turns out that we have been tipped off to "all go careful at the Bristol meeting" as the Old Bill are going to be out in force breathalysing bikers as they are aware that lots of bikers stay over the night before in hotels and bevey it up... ********!!!!!!

Go careful chaps

Nickj
18-04-2010, 02:49 PM
The bikes clean(ish and as good as I can be bothered to get it) just had a day and a halfs marathon session chipping off the accumulated crap, seems to be running happily so looks like I'll be going unless there's any major disasters before the 24th.

Who else is going and will fetch up at the services for the ride in??

How about a list here?

Do we have any UKMOC stickies or cards for those poor waifs and strays who don't know about us or if we can run in as a group to flag us as the good guys once there??

uksurfer
18-04-2010, 06:01 PM
i'm pulling out of this one, been away all weekend and need to spend time at home before the mill trip.
Have a good day! :mand:

chris yeatman
18-04-2010, 06:40 PM
also pulling out of this one, been away all weekend and need to be cleaning my new bike before the mill trip.

Liz
18-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Doubt if I'll go - hoping the 800 will be fixed and can pick it up that weekend, fingers crossed! Also, it'll take me all weekend to see how a tail pack fits and what I can fit in it!!! :rolleyes:

Gilps
18-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Doubt if I'll go - hoping the 800 will be fixed and can pick it up that weekend, fingers crossed! Also, it'll take me all weekend to see how a tail pack fits and what I can fit in it!!! :rolleyes:

What's up with your bike Liz? Nothing serious I hope. I'll be going as long as the weather stays nice.

Liz
18-04-2010, 09:07 PM
What's up with your bike Liz? Nothing serious I hope. I'll be going as long as the weather stays nice.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=37165
Waiting for them to tell me!!! I hope it's not serious but think I might have to do a lot of overtime to pay the forthcoming bill!!! :eek:

Gilps
19-04-2010, 05:30 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=37165
Waiting for them to tell me!!! I hope it's not serious but think I might have to do a lot of overtime to pay the forthcoming bill!!! :eek:

I must have missed that one. Doesn't look too serious or costly. Hopefully see you next Saturday on your fixed bike.

Goody76
20-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN ON AND CHECKED OUT THE BIAMF WEBSITE, FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T (AND I SUPPOSE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE AS WELL), YOU MAY HAVE SEEN THAT THERE HAS BEEN SOME MENTION OF PAYING TO ATTEND AND DISPLAY YOUR 'VEHICLE' AT THE FESTIVAL. I THEREFORE WANTED TO CLARIFY THE SITUATION TO EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS.

UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE CURRENT ECONOMIC CLIMATE (wow how many articles have we all seen, heard or read that have started with that line) WE HAVE LOST SOME OF OUR FESTIVAL SPONSORS, DUE TO THE THIS AND THE EVER INCREASING COSTS OF THIS EVENT WE HAVE NOW HAD TO INTRODUCE A FEE FOR ALL VEHICLES ATTENDING THE SHOW. THE WEBSITE HIGHLIGHTS THE COST OF £5 FOR ALL CARS ATTENDING BUT DOES NOT MENTION THE MOTORCYCLES. SADLY THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE NOT INTRODUCING A FEE FOR BIKES, BUT IT IS NOT THE £5 THAT CARS PAY.

WE ARE INTRODUCING A £1 DONATION FOR ALL BIKES THAT ATTEND. AS YOU CAN UNDERSTAND BIKE ATTENDANCE IS SWAYED BY THE WEATHER ON THE DAY SO THERE IS NO WAY OF RELIABLY PRE-ENTERING AND PAYING FOR BIKES. THE THEORY IS SIMPLE, ONE OF OUR VERY KIND MARSHALLS (or it may end up being yours truly) WILL BE WALKING AROUND WITH A HELP FOR HEROES COLLECTION BUCKET. THEY WILL BE ENDEAVOURING TO SEE EACH BIKER AND TO COLLECT THEIR £1 DONATION (AS WELL AS ANY OTHER KIND DONATIONS ON THE DAY).

PLEASE BE ASSURED THAT THIS IS NO 'MONEY SPINNING SCHEME' ALL DONATIONS WILL COLLECTED AND TALLIED AT THE END OF THE DAY AND ANY SURPLUS AFTER ALL EXPENSES ARE PAID WILL BE GOING TO OUR DESIGNATED CHARITY - HELP FOR HEROES!

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THIS WILL NOT IMPACT ON OUR ATTENDING NUMBERS, AND WILL NOT PUT PEOPLE OFF FROM ATTENDING, IT IS A VERY SIMPLE CASE OF TRYING TO MEET THE FESTIVAL COSTS IN THE HOPE AND ENDAVOUR TO KEEP THE FESTIVAL GOING FOR A FEW MORE YEARS TO COME.

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL THERE.

Engineer Andy
20-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm riding down to Bristol from Leicester this Friday, leaving afternoon/evening.
Anyone interested in joining me?

Panther
20-04-2010, 09:12 PM
My bikes not ready, but will be going down to Bristol on Friday from Leicester too,
If you spot a little camp white 205 convertable thats me :ymca:

Rally
23-04-2010, 10:14 PM
An 8.30am start, what a time to find that out eh! In which case I may choose George Whites open day instead as I also have an afternoon 50th party to attend as well. Have a good time to all that go. I'll have more time to clean for the Mill as well.

Nickj
24-04-2010, 05:07 PM
By the magic of wi-fi.. not sure whose ;) but I have a signal :) so this is live from Builth Wells and the Wonderwool show. Hey whats's that to do with Bristol I hear you ask?? Well I shot off earlyish and hacked up here to catch an exhibitor and seal a deal, Bristol was much better it's all wool and knitting related stuff here :( I don't understand it :worried:
Great run up with quite a few :ymca: (HD) riders wobling around, must have been a hardly dangerous outing on, oh and sorry (hehehehehe Honest!!) for blamming past you a bit, now was it aggressively or was I just being focussed dunno but there was a 50mph speed difference but I just didn't want to be going that slow
So Bristol, nice sunny day and a gentle ride in. Aren't those 888's leaky LOL trails of coolant all up to where they were parked, OK Staffords wasn't too bad but the SP wasn't happy going that slowly. It was nice to see on the run in that the old singles are just as tempermental as I remember them, that bought a wave of nostalgia over frequent stops to let the motor or clutch cool down.
Some nice bikes and cars, lots of friendly people, all in all a good day. I missed one thing which was asking the fetching dark haired girl I seemed to keep crossing paths with who she was LOL I should get out more!!
Now I'm just off to catch the last rays of the day and hustle back down to the forest. Out the way monster coming through :thumbsup:

Bigxr
24-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Just like to give a big up to Goody and all the organisers for the show, its a thankless task and i'm sure a lot of hours spent organising, it was well worth it. I really enjoyed the day, Thanks.

I rode in behind a desmocedieci on race pipes. WOW!!! what a noise! Blo*dy fantastic! I can still hear it when I close my eyes!

The "start your engines" bit was a highlight, not just for the unearthly sound of hundreds of open piped italian bikes, but listening to a whole street full of ferrari's revvin the nuts off their 12 cylinder engines was something to behold.
Saw some nice bikes, old and new, one fantastic monster caught my eye, a black one that I think is owned by the Luigi's guy? Superb!
Also some nice cars, gawd knows what their worth, but there were two nice Lancia stratos's, a shedfull of old lambo's including the one from a roger moore film.. Good day out. Book me in for next year.

Nickj
24-04-2010, 09:31 PM
No mention of the aged mods with the scooters.. LOL Good!!

Bigxr
24-04-2010, 10:09 PM
No mention of the aged mods with the scooters.. LOL Good!!

sad gits in threadbare parka's! Har Har Har!

Nickj
24-04-2010, 10:14 PM
You noticed that then ;) Looked like a pensioners outing

Hardly heard the startup, that bloody noisy dieci on the Riders stand drowned it out, Sheesh from 10 feet it was almost painful

sadbiker
25-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Link to photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/

Stafford
25-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Great to get the at least once a year meet up with some old faces.
NickJ you're here NickJ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/4548863225/in/set-72157623924313438/)
I'm here with the Old Buzzard.
Stafford and OB (http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/4548913117/in/set-72157623924313438/)
And for BRD here's Alans 450
Alans 450 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/4548915117/in/set-72157623924313438/)

Grand day out, no problems with the 888 although I have heard that others got a little hot under the collar. Had a chat with Michael Rutter up at Riders on the way home, a very dry sense of humour, very funny.

Half Man Half Mole
25-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Just like to give a big up to Goody and all the organisers for the show, its a thankless task and i'm sure a lot of hours spent organising, it was well worth it. I really enjoyed the day, Thanks.

I rode in behind a desmocedieci on race pipes. WOW!!! what a noise! Blo*dy fantastic! I can still hear it when I close my eyes!

The "start your engines" bit was a highlight, not just for the unearthly sound of hundreds of open piped italian bikes, but listening to a whole street full of ferrari's revvin the nuts off their 12 cylinder engines was something to behold.
Saw some nice bikes, old and new, one fantastic monster caught my eye, a black one that I think is owned by the Luigi's guy? Superb!
Also some nice cars, gawd knows what their worth, but there were two nice Lancia stratos's, a shedfull of old lambo's including the one from a roger moore film.. Good day out. Book me in for next year.

I also had a fantastic day out at Bristol yet again. Well worth the trek down from the Midlands to spend time with friends in the sunshine.

Some amazing Italian bikes and cars to ogle at although I missed the 'Luigi' chaps black Monster. I thought mine was the only black one there but I'm clearly not as unique as I thought.....

Same time next year?

Mike

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4549473778_298f8b147d.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4548839625_b435f490b5.jpg

Stafford
25-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know what make and model the panniered adventure bikes were that were parked outside the cafe on the left on the way in ?

Gilps
25-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know what make and model the panniered adventure bikes were that were parked outside the cafe on the left on the way in ?

Were those the ones parked amongst the Aprilias. If so, then I'm guessing they were Caponords.

Bigxr
25-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I remember seeing moles' black S2R in Gordano very nice too! more carbon than you can shake a stick at! Puts my bog stock S2R to shame!
Luigi's however was just a bit different, its a 620 thats been raised front and back, tail chopped, has un-named conical carbon cans, and i was told it has some special 720 conversion. It caught my eye as something special.
I took some photos I'll try to get them up. :dunce:

Nickj
25-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Oddest thing of the day was talking to a guy who was wandering round looking at the bikes, he was thinking of returning to the biking fold so I nobbled him. I just loved one of his comments which was 'Nice to see a working bike, lots of these look like they only come out in the sunshine'. I did point out that you probably didn't really want to be getting your 15+Ks worth of lovliness all wet and minky. LOL I have got to admit that my monster does have a patina of use about it.
Otherwise he liked the size, weight, style and presence of monsters.

Liz
25-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it! Sounded like a good day out!