PDA

View Full Version : Monster Weekender 2010 FAQ Thread

SazzaG
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
To avoid Albie's booking thread from filling up with questions about the weekender, this thread is for questions, etc. on the on Weekender.

So here's a few bits you might want to know:

Q. So, what's this weekender thing, and what's it all about?
A: The UKMOC Weekender is a get together over the May Day Bank Holiday for four days and three nights. It's a chance to finally meet your fellow monsterers, and have a few drinks, too much food, and a great laugh.

Q. When and where is it?
A. Friday 30th April to Monday 3rd May at Arrow Mill, Alcester, Warwickshire.

Q. How do we book?
A. See the booking thread.

Q. What if I don't want to come for the whole weekend?
A. There is a Travelodge very near the Mill, just outside Alcester. We usually have quite a few people staying there. Very reasonable prices.

Q. What kind of things usually happen at the weekender?
A. Amongst other things, we usually have a few ride outs, a quiz, a hog roast, the Bike of the Year competition, Forum Awards. Full details to be confirmed, but needless to say, a certain amount of drinking is usually included...

Q. I'm coming by myself and have no one to share a room with. What can I do?
A. State this on your booking form, and you will be put with other single peeps.

Q. What about camping?
A. If you want to risk the weather, there is plenty of room for camping. Use the booking form for this.

Q. My other half doesn't ride - are they welcome?
A. Absolutely! We have many other halves come every year. They are as much part of the weekender as the monsterers.

Q. My mate/other half wants to come on their bike, but it's not a monster. Are they welcome?
A. We are perfectly civil to non-monster riders. However, they do have to park in a separate part of the car park (known as the naughty corner).

Q. Can I bring my children?
A. Unfortuntely, due to the levels of drunkeness, debauchery, and the presence of Didge's arse, the weekender isn't suitable for children.

Any other questions, just post them up!

Albie
04-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Details of Travel Lodge for those who may want 1 night or miss out on Mill

A435 Birmingham Road
Oversley Mill Roundabout
Alcester
Warwickshire
B49 6PQ

Tel: 0871 984 6107*
Fax: 01789 765749