PDA

View Full Version : Fuel light of death!

rac3r
04-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Was on my way home today on the A406 stuck in long traffic but I was in no rush so just sat there until....Oh crap the fuel lights come on and the next station is quite far :on: I though right now is the time to learn to filter! So I managed to squeeze my way through slowly and got to the lights. As I started to pull away it coughed and I thought 'oh sh*t, please get there pleeeeseee!'

I chugged into the petrol station and thought woohoo I made it. So full tanked it with £10 went in to pay all happy then looked in my wallet only to find £5 :banghead: :banghead: parents were at work so I thought I was buggered. I explained to the cashier who said give me £5 then I had to fill out some Police form with my details, It said I had to pay the rest within 7 days so I'll be back tomorrow to pay the rest :D

What a day! at least

1 - I learnt how to filter
2 - My bike got a nice long ride today!

bigfiretruck
05-12-2009, 11:32 AM
do you not carry a card? and ive done this before and had to borrow a credit card of my brother whoops :(

pegboy
05-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I did similar they other day, stopped for petrol, filled the tank £12, go to pay and oh sh*t remebered gave my card to my wife to go Christmas shopping, no cash and a credit card i had not used for many months, but could not remember the pin number. Standing there thinking, thinking what was the pin, called the wife she could not remember either, so i explained the the teller what happen incase the card gets rejected after three attempts, first go, wrong pin, second wrong pin, thrid got it, phew what a relief and what a horrible feeling.

rac3r
05-12-2009, 07:32 PM
I had my card but no money in my account :chuckle:

ladybird
06-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I have various notes stashed in my bike kit lining for emergencies.
There was even a free tenner that came with the bike under the seat in the tool kit!