PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Manchester!

the_adam
25-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi all,

I've been the (very happy!) new owner of Jim's 695 for the last couple of weeks now. Been stuck with my 125cc project bike since I passed my test now so its been a bit of a change. I'm not allowing myself to do any work on this one for a little while at least! Almost seems a shame to have to commute through Manchester on it really, we managed to find one dry day for the snake pass though :biggrin:

I've never had to sell a bike before, wondered if anyone might know of any good places to sell on my old one fairly quickly? (its probably going on biketrader and ebay anyway) Its so far from the original I can't see any dealers wanting to take it, I basically started out with a broken Sachs XTC and made it a little more interesting :)

Adam

Pomp1
26-11-2009, 12:03 AM
hi and welcome! you've been lucky enough to buy a well looked after bike. Treat her well and she'll repay you with endless fun! Re selling your bike, ebay is probably your best bet.

LouSCannon
26-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Welcome Adam... give eBay classifieds a go to see what interest there is, and if it's not sold by the end of the classified give an auction a go.

BTW still not found the baffles but got a few more things to unpack yet!

chris yeatman
26-11-2009, 06:13 AM
hi, welcome to the club.

Arbeia
26-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Welcome m8y!

LVC
26-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Bienvenue parmi nous

:ukm:

LouSCannon
26-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Found your baffles Adam! Drop me a line and let me know when you want to pop by and grab em!

BluprintZ
26-11-2009, 08:50 PM
....you've been lucky enough to buy a well looked after bike.....

I disagree, i rode halfway back home with Jim after the weekender in May and he hammered the sh1te out of it.....:chuckle:!!

Welcome to da club, innit.

G ; )

the_adam
26-11-2009, 10:38 PM
My last one came from a salvage yard and wouldnt start for the first couple of months...so its a definite step up either way! :thumbsup: Jim, are you free any time saturday afternoon for me to collect the baffles? To be honest I quite like the sound without them anyway so I'm not in too much of a rush ;)

He11cat
27-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi... is that by chance a very shiny craft RX your wearing??? lol
sorry couldn't help but notice.. some girls have shoes I have lids!!

LouSCannon
27-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Should be around all weekend mate, still got lots of little DIY jobs to do round the new place. Drop me a line and I'll send you my new address.

Could always arrange to 'lose' the baffles if you want???

the_adam
28-11-2009, 11:53 PM
It is, I've had it a couple of years and its got a nasty habit of picking up scratches from nowhere though...guess its still mostly shiny :)

Sorry Jim I've not had internet today...tomorrow after 3ish should be good if you're around, will give you a call anyway. Think I'd better take them for the mornings at least, I can always "lose" them at the weekend!