PDA

View Full Version : James May does it again!

He11cat
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Meccano how cool was that tonight!!

Not really humour but another awesome big super toy! :thumbsup:

I did like the sweepstake
Bridge fail , james falls in canal... then as being built in the home of meccano Liverpool bridge being nicked 10/1 sorry if any liverpool folk here .. did make me chuckle.

I must say the effort that went into that build was quite something.. but I wouldn't have fancied walking on it....:on:

and letting his porche being lifted up by Meccano phew!!

Meccano monster would be quite cool!! lol

I can't wait to see the lego house !! :spin:

scrapps
11-11-2009, 10:46 AM
yep it was cool. I am looking forward to the Lego program.
I have spent many fun nights with my son biulding Lego bridges across bits of the house then seeing if he can drive his radio control car across without it breaking.... Important for kids to understand how to build/design stuff. Plus dad can help/play LOL

giler
11-11-2009, 11:36 AM
recorded to watch tonight, looking forward to it as I thought the first two were tops!

He11cat
11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
next week scalectrix...I always wanted one!!! wasn't allowed..... grr Sindy was nowhere near as good .. never was a girlie girl .. i used to go and play with the boys and the hotwheels / corgis

My Mum got called into school as they said my interests in football and toy cars where not becoming of a young lady!!....

hmmph/.... still would like scaletrix ... building stuff with lego is fun.... I was however allowed airfix and trainset... my Dads influence...

Im glad I don't have a daughter .. if a small child presented me with a barbie or bally shoes ???? er ??? id be flummoxed!!.. whats that???? its pink??? hmmm....I don't do dolly's.

Id probably get on with James well as Id start talking about planes and stuff.. and im a bit of a nerd.
I went on a date once and the chap said "well ive never been out with a girl who talked to me about lathes and engineering , its um different but quite refreshing!"... im prob a bit of a female James but not as bright lol! (I like his stripey pink and purple top he wears.. dunno why lol).

giler
11-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Bought my boys (yeah right!) scalextric last xmas - Dodge Vipers with the lights on at night looked good!
Think it was about an hour before they got to play with it:)The Moto GP bikes were pants going round but are good collectibles.

He11cat
12-11-2009, 01:12 AM
I think I may have to get the scalectric lol... and maybe ask my Dad for evil knenival stunt set that ive waited 30 years for lol..... James May doing domino rally or giant mousetrap would be cool!! lol
I need something to make me sleep!! .. :(

MrsC_772
13-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Enjoyed the Meccano episode - didn't see the first two.

I was once accused of being the female James May when I insisted on looking at the instructions while helping one of Andy's mates put together flat-pack furniture when he moved house.

I'm also a bit of a Captain Slow on the Monster.

I agree with Hellcat about the horrors of all things pink and girlie. Was a tomboy as a kid (last mistaken for a boy aged 11) and had action men not Barbie: even when I got a Sindy doll, she rode a motorbike (well, a yellow scooter).

He11cat
13-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Phew Mrs C someone like me!!

Yes I was made to have Sindy.. I didn't like her mine had dark hair... spose not as bad as Barbie..

I liked my Bionic man ... I liked peeling back his skin and faffing with his bits and bionics.

I am slow on the bike... and I am a nerd..

I read "Colour inheritance in small animals genetics book " along with Kalevala the great Finnish epic both volumes written in verse / cantelles... two books of a story told in verse..

I like planes especially the Vulcan bomber.. cars and bikes of course .. and well a dreadful bore I think.

My idea of rebellion is walking round the wrong way at Ikea .. im refuse to shuffle along..
Im glad those days are gone..
Now I can be a right Girly girl.. and sit and mope and watch Dave ... not the boke but the channel..lol..
sigh.. not much hope is there.. lol

giler
16-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Phew Mrs C someone like me!!
I liked my Bionic man ... I liked peeling back his skin and faffing with his bits and bionics.
lol

And were his bits worth six million dollars??

He11cat
16-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Oh my I am turning into Finbar Saunders !!!... lol

Or Swiss Tony... making love to a beautiful woman is like going camping... lol!!!..... Im not adding to that!! lol :mand:

Albie
16-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I have 2 scalectrix in the garage. A micro one with 75 ft of track and the old faithful mini challenge.

Love the programme as brings back childhood memories

Stafford
16-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Love the programme as brings back childhood memories

At what point did you grow up then Albie? :running:

Loving the series though, but I've now idea what finally happened to the air force I had hanging from my ceiling. Only one left now a Dakota. (not hanging from the ceiling I might add) I'm very tempted to buy myself an Airfix or other kit for Christmas.

Albie
16-11-2009, 03:27 PM
At what point did you grow up then Albie? :running:

Loving the series though, but I've now idea what finally happened to the air force I had hanging from my ceiling. Only one left now a Dakota. (not hanging from the ceiling I might add) I'm very tempted to buy myself an Airfix or other kit for Christmas.

I never said I grew up Staff. find that too hard to do LOL.I must get the Scalectix out for Carolines grandson to play with with some adult supervision of course. Revell do monster and 916 kits

He11cat
16-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I always wanted scalectix .. wasn't allowed.. but was allowed to make airfix planes.

I have my trains somewhere.. my fav was a flying scotsman which blew out "real" smoke.. you dropped in some stuff and then it heated up and produced a vapor .. like my mum was happy with that stinking out her front room not!!
I wonder where I put them?????

I used to love playing with them..

However I will never forgive the chucking out of my Magic Roundabout train set complete with the roundabout and it played the tune... my dog bit Zebedee's head off and legged it...
I am still very upset about the loss of this train set...

and the wallpapering over of my Mr Men wallpaper..

Albie
16-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I was watching a film or tv programme the other week and it had my old wallpaper from when I must have bee 6ish. It was exactly the same with galleons and treasure chests and ships wheels and bells. Ghastly really but boy did it bring it all back. Cannot remember for the life of me what programme but I know it will annoy me now

rac3r
17-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone see todays? world longest Scalextric track, along the old Brooklands circuit :yoparty:

fatbloke
17-11-2009, 08:10 PM
the work of genius, best telly i've seen for ages

rac3r
17-11-2009, 08:16 PM
next week is the worlds biggest train set :cool:

Albie
17-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Better than my old cooper and lotus they wouldnt vertically climb:scratch:
Great Telly and how comes they was ready with the Certificate. MOB had to wait almost a year and not in the book. Boo:Furious::Furious::Furious:

fatbloke
17-11-2009, 08:28 PM
next week is the worlds biggest train set :cool:

sorry mate the train set is a christmas special

rac3r
17-11-2009, 09:59 PM
sorry mate the train set is a christmas special

Yeah just found that out :hissy:

He11cat
17-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I want a scalextric :(:hissy::hissy::hissy:

My Dad says no... grrrrrrr..... Evil knenival no...... I don't want no naffin slippers!!!!

He11cat
24-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Sorry dif prog.. but Top Gear this week and Geoff was the funniest thing I have watched in years ...

I was rolling round the floor crying!!!.....10mph:woot: ... 2 batteries 6 grand... I want one... loving the patio chairs and the Hammond high rise window!!

Had to watch it twice as I was howling so much I missed bits... and wonder if anyone gets a "fizzing sensation" riding their Monster....

James is a legend! I love him.. swoon: :dizzy:heart::heart:

giler
24-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Sorry dif prog.. but Top Gear this week and Geoff was the funniest thing I have watched in years ...

I was rolling round the floor crying!!!.....10mph:woot: ... 2 batteries 6 grand... I want one... loving the patio chairs and the Hammond high rise window!!

Had to watch it twice as I was howling so much I missed bits... and wonder if anyone gets a "fizzing sensation" riding their Monster....

James is a legend! I love him.. swoon: :dizzy:heart::heart:

Twas very funny! The bit where they reversed the film on the safety test.........:yoparty:

He11cat
24-11-2009, 04:14 PM
:o I am finishing off your straws its taking longer then I thought .....sorry :( for the trouble Il chuck in a bottle of Cherry B for you as well!! :)

giler
25-11-2009, 08:00 AM
:o I am finishing off your straws its taking longer then I thought .....sorry :( for the trouble Il chuck in a bottle of Cherry B for you as well!! :)

No worries on the straws - can I have bourbon instead of Cherry B?

He11cat
25-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Top man a Bottle of Bourbon it is ... :) ... If you have on the rocks..um... I can't seem to get the ice cube down the straw having a bit of a square peg round hole situation..:scratch: or I have a bottle of Advocat...lol....

giler
25-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Top man a Bottle of Bourbon it is ... :) ... If you have on the rocks..um... I can't seem to get the ice cube down the straw having a bit of a square peg round hole situation..:scratch: or I have a bottle of Advocat...lol....

Always find Advocat doesn't sit too well on top of the kebab:eek:

nambduke
25-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Everyone who has 'bits' should bring them to the weekender so we can have a race!

giler
25-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Everyone who has 'bits' should bring them to the weekender so we can have a race!

I'd need a trailer!

He11cat
21-12-2009, 12:46 AM
The house wow!!!!....

It was funny when they put the brown section in.
That would be me as I hate brown!!!..
oh they took the Italian flag section down lol....

typical builder .. oh sod it nobody will notice!! just do it she won't notice!!!..

Yes we do!!..lol!

I was surprised that the furniture was not built solidly!!
ie not hollow..know they had a brick issue but it was supposed to be done without compromise so wonder why that woman didn't build the furniture to work!!...ie not so you sat on it and could have been in a&e with a lego chair up your... lol..

But a stunning house!!!!!... and what a dam shame they took it down I think its criminal really as it was a work of art!! I loved the way the little window bricks where incorporated into the walls to let in chinks of light!!.. I like glass bricks in houses and glass brick walls too.

Stafford
21-12-2009, 07:52 AM
It was brilliant, enjoyed all of the show. Loved the fact that the interior designer was not much of an engineer. But where was Kevin McCloud?

gary tompkins
21-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm loving this series

Watched a re-run of the full size Airfix Spitfire tonight :cool: