PDA

View Full Version : Zards

Mr.Number
10-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Been looking around on the internet recently regarding cans for an S2R, which will be one of the first mods i make when i get the bike. Im trying to get all the mod bits and pieces in ready to be fitted, so the bike will look the way i want nice and early.

I like the look of these Zards, and in my opinion have a good appearance about them, and im led to believe they sound good to. My problem is the set up. Iv seen 2 types.

One is a pipe either side of the tail piece. There is a member on here who has this set up, think his name is neilbaldry or something similar. I really like his bike, very cool. However its the shotgun set up im looking for.

The current Zard shotgun set up is too steep for me, and im not keen on the angle the pipes sit at.

Does anyone have knowledge of whether it is possible to use the Zard pipes, but at the set up of the original stock cans, which as most of us know on the S2R, sit one directly under the other and parallel with the tailend.

Thanks in advance

neilbaldry
11-11-2009, 12:37 AM
I reckon it would be possible. If you used a 'decat pipe', the standard 's' pipes and the shotgun zard cans, you would get the desired effect. Although I am not sure how far the cans would stick out the back if mounted in this way?

BTW, thanks for the mad props! But my Zards have gone to a new home now!

benscott
29-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi - been looking myself for similar set up and would like to see a photo once you have completed your mod!!

littlejimmy12
29-12-2009, 09:42 AM
There are plenty of custom pipe fitters who could do what ever you wanted, sometimes its cheaper to go to these guys rather than buying and trying. BTW I had the whole Zard set up and without baffs yes very nice sound, real Ducati rumble. Neils bike wasn't as nice as mine ha ha ha ha just messin Neil

neilbaldry
29-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Jimmy, now I have 'de-blinged' my bike, I reckon your right there!