PDA

View Full Version : World Ducati Week in June 2010 ???

Albie
09-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Well according to Ducatisti

WDW2010.....date confirmed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ducati today confirmed that WDW2010 will be held on June 10th-13th

But I must add not on ducati website so dont blame me if incorrect

scrapps
10-11-2009, 08:46 AM
I will get my map books out and start plotting a route......
Just need to find someone who wants to take a ride to the event ! Going to take time and see the sights along the way......

J.P
10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
The Ducati Site has been saying 'September' for ages, just no dates

ladybird
10-11-2009, 09:43 AM
oooooooooooh that's just before my birthday

ladybird
10-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Well according to Ducatisti

WDW2010.....date confirmed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ducati today confirmed that WDW2010 will be held on June 10th-13th

But I must add not on ducati website so dont blame me if incorrect

Blimey, weeks are short these days :)

Gadget
10-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Just need to find someone who wants to take a ride to the event ! Going to take time and see the sights along the way......

I think that won't be a problem.

I will book the time off now. A week before and after should be long enough to meander there and back.

Capo
10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm going not sure how but I'm going.

Gadget
10-11-2009, 10:35 AM
J.P. is right.

Ducati.com site still have the date as September. :scratch:

http://www.ducati.com/news/09/news015/news015.jhtml

I suppose just watch this space...

scrapps
10-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Well if we have the location it would help so a route can be planned !
Over the big hills one way and maybe across to the coast and back along ?

BigOz
10-11-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm kind of hoping it might be moved from September as a friend I have had since school days just booked his wedding in September 2010 and I'm meant to be one of his two best men.

Andy

Paivi
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Ducati UK have confirmed it for June. Ducati Spa aren't obviously updating their website.

It'll be way too hot for me then, so I won't be going.

scrapps
10-11-2009, 12:15 PM
june is good...... i am sooooo looking forward to going ...... :look:

J.P
10-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately for the Kent crew, it coincides with the monthly meet at the Oakdene Cafe.
Not sure what to do now.......

J.P
10-11-2009, 01:06 PM
And remember to take out European Bike breakdown cover....(Slob)

CK & AK
10-11-2009, 01:21 PM
The Moto GP at Mugello has now been moved to 6th June - so its the weekend BEFORE the new June date for WDW
Silverstone Moto GP has also come back 2 weeks & is now on 20th June......

Dates for WDW were published on EICMA, so its prob highly likely that this will be right - combined with the Mugello dates too....

CK, now looking for accom :D

slob
10-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Will take breakdown cover JP!
...just need to confirm Spa trackday dates but I'd be frankly amazed if ducati club trackday clashed with WDW.
Will def. be riding down

J.P
10-11-2009, 02:24 PM
ok, Got route plannned.
Total of 1,173 miles. Should take three days to get there.

Day 1 Monday) London to Lyon & stop - 574 miles

Day 2 Tuesday) Lyon though Grenoble to Gap on part of the Route Napolean, then stay somewhere near Genova on the Italyian coast - 330 miles

Day 3 Wednesday) Genova along the coast to Lucca, inland to Florence & across to Misano - 267 miles

Day 4 Thursday) Party

Day 5 Friday ) Party

Day 6 Saturday) Straight route Misano to Chamonix - 373 miles

Day 7 Sunday) Chamonix to London - 661 miles

slob
10-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah baby!

Stafford
10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I think you need to be a bit more specific there J.P, and why does a party with Week in the title only last two days?

Albie
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Its just being there. Im covered european breakdown thanks to ducati.:woot::woot:

Lowsider
10-11-2009, 04:27 PM
it is on ducati.com but the glossy logo still states September..

benson
10-11-2009, 05:09 PM
What a trip that would be - I have to say that it is turning into a two week venture in my mind...That way we could plan on staying around for longer, having bigger hang overs and maybe even a holiday !!!

He11cat
10-11-2009, 05:27 PM
You lucky buggers..
June July is my busiest time at work...
I work In education so only get school hols off.. or if I ask nicely I may swap days.. and I don't think im a good enough rider yet...hopefully by Belgium may be a bit better and my bike may be sorted out!!
Im sure you all will have a great time....!!... hmm unless i tie a rope on the back of someone and put on roller skates???? lol

CK & AK
10-11-2009, 05:47 PM
and, just in case anyone is interested, a Ducati owning fella who is known as Mav on the forums is doing a trip.
His most recent post tonight reads as follows:

"I will be organising a tour................ will need serious people and numbers..
You can sign up and introduce yourself here http://www.roadmeister.co.uk/wdw I will be updating the site soon........
Regards
Mavster"

I know they use a back up vehicle, and organise accomodation too - so just thought it may help people who are not quite sure about going/booking - even if you just sign up your 'interest'. Mav is going to be doing this in conjunction with W.M.Snell

CK :)

J.P
10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a plan there CK/AK

Pomp1
10-11-2009, 10:53 PM
This morning at the EICMA apparently the June dates have been confirmed..

slob
10-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Thuli has said she'd be happy to drive support (hire)van...

preferably with benson & Nonnie for company!

benson
11-11-2009, 02:36 PM
And bake the cakes for the journey I hope!!!!

buzzbomb
11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Ducati said yesterday at milan it will be in the middle of june, so come on get saving and those holidays booked.

Grumpy
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Preping the bike !
Planning the route (through the alps via switzerland)
Packed the sun tan cream!

Seriously folks, I think a dedicated thread should be started in jan so we can co-ordinate the trip.

Stuart42
11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=slob;329186]Thuli has said she'd be happy to drive support (hire)van...

Well I've got the van so its set then?

gary tompkins
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Glad the WDW date does not clash with MOB weekend

Need to start saving for sat nav ;)

Albie
11-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Well im booking the time off but me on my ownsome.Half the luggage is good. That also means I need to get on to Mario about MOB weekender date to book hotel in advance.:ukm::ukm:

Albie
11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Right who's organising this one. I wonder what days to take off to be a part of the gang. Can someone who has any idea organise a specific plan thread to be 'stickied up'

Shandy
11-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Arse, i was hoping for September................:hissy:

I take it this still has to be properly confirmed as all the official Ducati websites still say September??

Cheers,

Shandy

Albie
11-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Arse, i was hoping for September................:hissy:

I take it this still has to be properly confirmed as all the official Ducati websites still say September??

Cheers,

Shandy

Ducati UK have it official

World Ducati Week, JUNE 2010. Save the date.
Warm up your engines and get your heart revving! The greatest Ducati gathering is coming back.
The planned date for motorcycle fans of all ages and nationalities to come together is June 10th-13th at the Misano World Circuit.

Four days of non-stop fun are planned: track sessions, official riders and stunts, evening parties, concerts, motorcycle tours, Ducati Factory and Museum visits, historical bikes exhibitions, conferences, and much more.

Shandy
11-11-2009, 09:37 PM
And offical on the mother ship website.................

http://www.ducati.com/news/09/news015/news015.jhtml

Damn, thats me not going then...............:(

Shandy
11-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Ps, for anyone who does go its a great week and trip (appart from the rain in France), for an idea of what goes on have a look here for a few pictures from the 2007 one,

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=23445&highlight=wdw

uksurfer
11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
i wish i could go, not sure if i'd get a pass from the mrs for a week or so :(

pegboy
12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:Fur ious::Furious:
I will be in Oz at that time, why could they not keep it in September.

gary tompkins
12-11-2009, 09:09 PM
ok, Got route plannned.
Total of 1,173 miles. Should take three days to get there.

Day 1 Monday) London to Lyon & stop - 574 miles

Day 2 Tuesday) Lyon though Grenoble to Gap on part of the Route Napolean, then stay somewhere near Genova on the Italyian coast - 330 miles

Day 3 Wednesday) Genova along the coast to Lucca, inland to Florence & across to Misano - 267 miles

Day 4 Thursday) Party

Day 5 Friday ) Party

Day 6 Saturday) Straight route Misano to Chamonix - 373 miles

Day 7 Sunday) Chamonix to London - 661 miles

I'll book longer off work and spread the mileage out

There's no way I am doing over 600 miles in a day

Lowsider
13-11-2009, 09:04 AM
To be honest Why would you come home on the Saturday when there is Saturday and Sundays fun to be had!!!

Personally I am not riding out on my bike will go with Ducati Leeds on a transporter...

J.P
13-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Of course, there are many, many options for transport, routes, timings etc.
I'm sure most people would only want to take a week off work, 5 days, so whether you ride down, drive down, fly down, it's all up to the individual. And if you go later in the week, you've got more distance to do in a quicker time to you can party hard with the Italians in Misano.
600 miles in a day is no fun on any bike, did 782 miles in one day last year, but just think about the scenery you'll pass on the way !! :)

kneedown
13-11-2009, 09:25 AM
personally i cannot see the point in putting your bike in a van to get there ;i think the whole point is to ride it .but each to there own

jimbo696
13-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Wouldn't miss this one.... Look fwd to seeing the plans!:confused:

BigOz
13-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I'd certainly like to join a group and ride down and back, having never been across the water in charge of a vehicle travelling with others with experience seems the best bet.

I'm booking a good wedge of time off so I can be free to fit in with whatever departure and return dates are decided and don't mind helping with organisation where I can.

Andy

Capo
13-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm going, don't want to ride the bike down, I have a trailer but I may rent a van so I can keep it out of sight (I'm worried about getting it nicked). I could convoy with the other van.

scrapps
13-11-2009, 01:25 PM
The ride each way is all part of the fun... i will be riding both ways and will want to take my time and enjoy the sites. never been to italy so don't fancy just blasting thru in a hurry.:scratch:

kneedown
15-11-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQRbpap4-s
BETTER WATCH OUT FOR THIS

kneedown
15-11-2009, 09:30 PM
well i think it;s cool:rolleyes:

J.P
16-11-2009, 08:08 AM
However you slice it. It's a flippin long way there and back over the course of a week.

You've got to be prepared to ride at least 400 miles a day, to get there over a few days, and that's the straight road. That's not easy. On my big Italian trip of 2008 and France of 2009, I averaged about 47 mph over 3,000-4,000 miles. That makes even a 400 mile day a 8 1/2 hour day on the bike, and that's without throwing in stops.
You and the bike have to be up to it, otherwise you just get there, then turn around and come back....:)

jimbo696
16-11-2009, 09:25 AM
JP is right, 400 day is a long way......I did 400 on a GS and was knackered...my mate on his 1098 was much worse than me....

Is the train to South of France a good option...then ride along the coast and up to bologna??

J.P
16-11-2009, 10:15 AM
No, Jim, train not going anymore.

steeevvvooo
16-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I’m also interested, but not sure on plans yet. I like the idea of riding down, but I’d like to see some sights/nice roads etc (blasting down the motorways won’t be much fun).

Also not sure if I’ll be with a pillion or not. Can’t see it being much fun for her, but will see what she wants to do.

I’ll be keeping an eye on these threads…

Capo
16-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Exactly, I once did 4,500 miles in 4 days in a range rover, it was a 24hr job with 4-6 hour driving stints between two of us. Not something I'd want to do again.

jimbo696
16-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Has anyone calculated how many miles it is??
I just googled it and it say 620 miles from Calais to Bologna, does that seem right?

steeevvvooo
16-11-2009, 01:30 PM
1003 miles from London (16 hours on google maps), so add a couple of hundred more for a scenic route and I recon you're about there.

Ferry don't seem much better. It's about the same distance from Bilboa (I was thinking of a ferry or part of the way :()

gary tompkins
16-11-2009, 09:21 PM
It's 960 miles from my address to Misano

The motor-rail option is a non-starter. The few trains that still go to the south of France or top of Italy cost a small fortune - I was quoted 500+ Euro one way. I've decided to put the money towards a good Sat Nav + Petrol/B&B, and spread the trip out over about 12 days including 4 in Misano. Aiming to cover something like 250 - 300 miles max a day.

Grumpy
16-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Last time I went to WDW, I took 3 days and the scenic route. With a steady pace, 300 miles (max) a day is all you need cover, including coffee, meal and fuel stops.

desmo
16-11-2009, 09:43 PM
However you slice it. It's a flippin long way there and back over the course of a week.

You've got to be prepared to ride at least 400 miles a day, to get there over a few days, and that's the straight road. That's not easy. On my big Italian trip of 2008 and France of 2009, I averaged about 47 mph over 3,000-4,000 miles. That makes even a 400 mile day a 8 1/2 hour day on the bike, and that's without throwing in stops.
You and the bike have to be up to it, otherwise you just get there, then turn around and come back....:)

I would really love to experience the WDW, but JP has hit the nail right on the head, it's just toooo much of a long slog for me.
I wouldn't want to just take the fastest route down & miss out on all the fab sights on the way there, but if I took the scenic route & took in the sights, I would never get there.

I have done all day stints in the saddle before, I spent ages looking forward to the trip, but after about 500 miles I start to think why the hell am I doing this.
I always think the worst part of any trip like this is the ride home, .
I am not trying to put a downer on the trip at all, if people are really up for it & have got an iron butt, then go for it & I really hope everyone has a great time, I just wish it was a bit closer to home like France or Belgium so I could go, oh well never mind.

J.P
17-11-2009, 09:48 AM
I've said before that 400 miles is about the limit in most cases, and those days include lots of motorways. Even a 200-300 mile day in the mountains is always more tyring.

I had another look at a route. :)
Calais to Baden-Baden in Germany (top of Black Forest) - 399 miles. (Maybe travel over on a Friday night and stay just south of Calais to get a good start the next day.

Baden-Baden to Milan, through the Black Forest on Route 500 (one of the best roads in the world) - 340 miles.

Milan to Misano - 230 miles of Italian motorway, maybe a quick stop at the Ducati factory in Bologna.

See easy.
Pick your own route home. I'm going on to Rome for a week afterwards.

Albie
17-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Well I now cannot go. No space for me to book time off. Someone else has had the dates so I will be viewing your pictures and hearing your fabulous stories. Now Im feeling sad and fed up.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::banghead::banghe ad:

uksurfer
17-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Thats a shame. We dont open our next years holidays till the start of the year, seems unfair that someone has had first dibs! :scratch:

J.P
17-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Tell 'em to find a replacement for you.

Albie
17-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Tell 'em to find a replacement for you.

its not that easy mate. causes problems. their is a faint chance but not holding my breath or getting down by it.
Plan B will be for me to go touring on my own somwhere nice and scenic. Theres hopefully 2011 maybe.

Albie
17-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Thats a shame. We dont open our next years holidays till the start of the year, seems unfair that someone has had first dibs! :scratch:

we get our chance from end of september. I already bagged 2 weeks in summer term because of school. Never mind. It really is fair but we only get allowed one engineer off at a time. I caused so many probs this year breaking my bones.:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

gary tompkins
22-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Well I just splashed the cash on a TomTom V2 Europe

One thing to cross off the list for 2010 :mand:

jimbo696
23-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Gary,
Did you find a bargain on the Tom Tom??

gary tompkins
23-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Gary,
Did you find a bargain on the Tom Tom??

No I paid pretty much full RRP (£380) at a local Halfords. Could have saved £20-30 by shopping online/ebay, but decided I'd rather get it from a shop in case of problems. Hoping to save a few quid on a V2 rider car kit by buying on tinternet.

Albie
23-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Thats expensive blimey. I guess its the going rate.I take it its the waterproof version.

crust
26-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Last time we took three days down and three back.

Thats Pedro and myself on proper Monsters, Headhunter on a 620 and Shandy in the Hertz volksrocket van with two bikes and a shedload of crap in it.

The last day on the route down was a long one but thats because we OD'd on bends :)

Tbh four days is two too many at the event, you can see everything in a day and the second day gives you more time to drool all over the NCR stand and assorted scantily clad youg ladies.

Other than that all there is to do is recover from the previous nights limoncella fest - cue those pictures again.

Deciding on a route anything more than a week ahead of leaving is a waste of time, the weather plays a huge part in crossing the alps. We had rain both ways so there was no chance a doing a pass or two;

For myself, I'll be deciding a few days before on my route, if the weathers wet it'll be a motorway/main road run down to northern Italy and a run over the Futa pass, then the Muraglione pass.

If its nice I'll take an extra day and do a couple of passes in the Alps - Stella Alpina? then down to the Futa, Muraglioni, one day less at the WDW wont hurt.

Would be excellent if all the UKMOC people booked the accomodation through the Ducati organisers as we'd all be in the same Hotel/resort.

:) crust

Pedro
26-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Agree with Crust, better to enjoy the route down and do fewer days at WDW, Saturday and Sunday is all you need.

Weather is big factor, my boots took three days to dry out once we got to Italy. France is on the whole quite dull to ride through but spend time playing on the Italian mountain roads is well worth it. Taking motorways in Italy is a bit wrong, sure it's quicker but way less fun (except maybe the tunnels heading in to Genoa, that was a hoot at twice the speed limit eh Crusty!!). Ride a monster on these back roads and you'll understand why it was designed in the first place

Albie
26-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Last time we took three days down and three back.

Thats Pedro and myself on proper Monsters, Headhunter on a 620 and Shandy in the Hertz volksrocket van with two bikes and a shedload of crap in it.

The last day on the route down was a long one but thats because we OD'd on bends :)

Tbh four days is two too many at the event, you can see everything in a day and the second day gives you more time to drool all over the NCR stand and assorted scantily clad youg ladies.

Other than that all there is to do is recover from the previous nights limoncella fest - cue those pictures again.

Deciding on a route anything more than a week ahead of leaving is a waste of time, the weather plays a huge part in crossing the alps. We had rain both ways so there was no chance a doing a pass or two;

For myself, I'll be deciding a few days before on my route, if the weathers wet it'll be a motorway/main road run down to northern Italy and a run over the Futa pass, then the Muraglione pass.

If its nice I'll take an extra day and do a couple of passes in the Alps - Stella Alpina? then down to the Futa, Muraglioni, one day less at the WDW wont hurt.

Would be excellent if all the UKMOC people booked the accomodation through the Ducati organisers as we'd all be in the same Hotel/resort.

:) crust

Ohhhh that sounds so good and I cant go. Really depressed now.:(:(

BigOz
27-11-2009, 12:41 PM

I was starting to ponder accommodation, but from what you say above it can get be sorted along with the tickets?

Regards,

Andy

Shandy
27-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I was starting to ponder accommodation, but from what you say above it can get be sorted along with the tickets?

Regards,

Andy

Yep last time Ducati had an agent that would sort it for you at no cost, tell em how much you wanted to spend and they did all the searching around (and speaking italian bit!!)

BigOz
28-11-2009, 04:36 PM
That should make things easier,

thanks,
Andy

jimbo696
29-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Shandy,
That is great news that they provide that service...

gary tompkins
12-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Yep last time Ducati had an agent that would sort it for you at no cost, tell em how much you wanted to spend and they did all the searching around (and speaking italian bit!!)

Shandy, Pedro, Crust, Giler....

Any idea who we should contact about this?

website details, email address or telephone numbers would be handy

Shandy
13-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Shandy, Pedro, Crust, Giler....

Any idea who we should contact about this?

website details, email address or telephone numbers would be handy

It was all through Ducati.com last time!!

Cheers,

Shandy

gary tompkins
13-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks Shandy - will look into it

skank
14-01-2010, 10:13 AM
so keen for this :D how many from London heading there?

gary tompkins
14-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Skank,

Not sure how many from London area are definately going to WDW. I've started a Kent planning thread here, which you're welcome to add your name/comments to if you like? Might be easier than starting another dedicated London thread.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=36107

gregski
15-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Me and my other half will be going as well but we take a flight to Italy and back, 3 days journey one way is a bit too much. Hope to see you out there.

Capo
15-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Will there be a place where monsters congregate?

seby
16-01-2010, 08:15 AM
the italian monster website (DMC) is organizing the annual party at the same time with the
WDW

i ask at the administrator who told me if you want guys u can join them, usually the price is very cheap
or if you want only a place where to stay
the price is 25 euros pp including motorbike parking and breakfast

gregski
04-02-2010, 06:56 PM
is any one knows how can I buy tickiet to WDW as ducati website gotr no information :/

thanks Greg

gary tompkins
04-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I think it will be a while before tickets go on sale - possibly late Feb/march