PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Prices

rac3r
09-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Why are they so different?

I saw a belly pan like this (http://www.protwins.co.uk/products_monster/monster_carbon/prod_monster_carbon36.html) on ebay, it was brand new and he had a few for sale at £75 without the fitting kit but the auction has now ended as it was on there for ages I just never got round to buying one. I then phoned up the above site and he said they are £250! :eyepopping: :eyepopping: :eyepopping: :eyepopping:

Why are the prices so different everywhere?

Albie
09-11-2009, 06:59 PM
There are bargains to be had. There are also different processes in making so some are cheaper than others. You can get fleeced when you look at some ebay prices. There are some bits from Japan for sale and Im personally scared to order from there.

neilbaldry
09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Aus is alright for prices I have found - And with the shipping it can still be cheaper than buying from zee Germans!

rac3r
09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
At the moment i'm just on the search as my next instalment for my student loan isn't due yet :biggrin: :look:

I'm looking for:

Belly pan
Front mudguard (I like the Corse one)
Rear hugger
(maybe) Side blades

Obviously not all in one go! Just one for now and some more later on in life :chuckle:

uksurfer
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
i know how you feel, i want one of these, but never sure what they gonna turn up like!
http://www.shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/product_info.php?info=p151_S4R-S2R-S4RS-REAR-CHAIN-GUARD.html

seby
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
There are bargains to be had. There are also different processes in making so some are cheaper than others. You can get fleeced when you look at some ebay prices. There are some bits from Japan for sale and Im personally scared to order from there.

japan are good and expensive!

avoid chinese and east european stuff

notice not all carbon parts are full carbon, some of them are half carbon and gealcoat

i have sold to Loz on saturday, some carbon side panels all carbon, try to ask to him how they look like!

Albie
09-11-2009, 07:17 PM
You want a reasonable price and this is martin.

http://www.carbonworld.de/shop/Ducati/Monster-S4R-S4RS/Carbon/chain-guard-rear-carbon-for-Ducati-Monster::878.html

Hope it helps and you too rac3r

uksurfer
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
nice one albie, might go on my christmas list :woot:

(i cant believe i'm falling into the carbon world)

neilbaldry
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I still have a carbon seat cover, side panels and s2r front chain guard for sale!

Albie
09-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I got some bits from them and they also have a sideline site with slight seconds ie my 1100 hugger and end chainguard and flapper valve cover for 130 euros. They are called carbon trader but you need to email them for the b quality which can be an air bubble or a cut mark on a edge.

neilbaldry
09-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I have bought from Shift Tech and had no problems

rac3r
09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks Albie! Not sure what to get now :scratch:

LVC
09-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks Albie! Not sure what to get now :scratch:

I suggest a new student loan as the dark side can be very addictive and expensive :banghead:

seby
09-11-2009, 07:40 PM
carbon world is quite good i got my belt covers

rac3r
09-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I suggest a new student loan as the dark side can be very addictive and expensive :banghead:

I'll hold myself back and only buy one thing for now. Besides living at home has it's plus points! :biggrin:

LVC
09-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I'll hold myself back and only buy one thing for now.

That's what we all said before the dark mist took hold :look:

Albie
09-11-2009, 09:36 PM
That's what we all said before the dark mist took hold :look:

Ummmm. I keep seeing the carbon tank skins.Ooooooh:woot::woot::woot:

jimbo696
10-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Neil you have a pm...

steeevvvooo
10-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Carbonitis is a disease... fact! :mand:

I want some belt covers, and air scoops. Already have carbon exhaust, belly pan, chain guard, hugger... :banghead:

edit... and open clutch cover... it's a slippery slope!

neilbaldry
11-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Steeevvooo, how about a carbon fibre seat cowl? could get a nice pair of number boards and the SR stripe airbrushed on........ It would look great (it was my plan to do this), and I know where you can get one!

steeevvvooo
11-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Steeevvooo, how about a carbon fibre seat cowl?

I did see that, but think I quite like the red/white stripe. Your cowl looked great when you looked for it, i.e. on the photos or close up, but think the red/white is better for the lines.

I'm trying to convince myself I don't need it now... :)

He11cat
11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
lol you lot will end up with full carbon bikes at this rate lol!!!

I didn't know you could get pretty carbon fibre!!!:thumbsup:

that could swing me if they did it for Monsters!!

Ok who wants a pimk 1098 ! seriously sadly I like the coloured stuff!

buzzbomb
11-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Firstly you mention carbon from japan, well I have a riding-house belly pan on my S4RS and its the nicest (if alittle expensive) piece of carbon that I've seen and secondly you say that you are concerned about buying from shift-tech, well let me put your mind at rest as Guido (mr shift-tech) turns out some first class carbon parts again slightly dearer than some companys but very good value if carbons your thing!!

uksurfer
11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
You want a reasonable price and this is martin.

http://www.carbonworld.de/shop/Ducati/Monster-S4R-S4RS/Carbon/chain-guard-rear-carbon-for-Ducati-Monster::878.html

Hope it helps and you too rac3r

i emailed those guys, they responded with an email, including a 10% off code and free shipping!

Albie
11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
i emailed those guys, they responded with an email, including a 10% off code and free shipping!

When we was in belgium and they had a stand of carbon stuff they were really pleasant and was more interested about holidaying in scotland than hardselling me bits. He did say to me email anything you need and they will try to do deals. Im very glad my recommendation helped you. Scrapps also bought from them too.

Now dont spend too much before xmas.

rac3r
11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm going to email them once I've got some £££ which will be in Jan unless I get through the interview I have on Monday :running: