PDA

View Full Version : Getting my new bike today!

sburrows87
06-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey, as I said on my welcome post, I'm getting my new Monster 620s I.E today!! :mand:

Anyway, it looks like the weather is gonna be poo to ride it back in :worried:

...so has anyone got any good advice for riding the monsters in the wet and for cleaning it when I get it back safely in the garage - I don't wan't it to start rusting lol!

Cheers Guys and gals :pedro:

He11cat
06-11-2009, 08:55 AM
congrats.. we are having good weather here in the East.. (I got a stonking headache from red wine grr)

I rode mine home nearly 200 miles and got caught in the rain with no waterproofs and on borderline tyres, the bike was too high for me.. the back brake suddenly dropped down so I had zero back brake , bad tyres no back brake , legs waggling about like a beetle... the bike felt very stable and good!!

I used to ride for a short while an ER5 commuter on BT 's and it wasn't good in the wet !!!

The monster with all its faults I inherited was fantastic (engine braking helps!)...

Just take it easy and ride as you normally would in the wet.

Only thing I found first riding was the clutch was heavier then my jap bikes and my thumbs and wrists hurt!.. and I usually ride a Katana with clip on's... you'l be fine and im sure arrive home with a big grin!! Just go easy til you get used to it! :)

NattyBoy
06-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Great getting a new bike isnt it ??!

Get it back, rinse it off with cold water, wash it thoroughly and then buy yourself some scottoiler FS365 and give the vulnerable bits a good dose of that if you plan to ride it in the winter.

Alternativley you could be complete jessie like me and put it into hibernation under a blankey..lol !!

Half Man Half Mole
06-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Do you have far to go to collect her? Get some piccies up when you do :woot: .

Mike

sburrows87
06-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Hey guys I'm back safe (through the driving rain and wind!!), anyway the bike is mint even better than I remembered, not a mark on her! I'll get some pics up ASAP.

I just sprayed/ rubbed on a bit of WD-40 when I got back, but tommorow I'm gonna give her a real good clean :)

I'm now enjoying a beer and feel as happy as a sandboy :D

J.P
07-11-2009, 08:42 AM
I hope the weather near you is a good as it is down in London. Great to get out there and give your new bike a ride.