PDA

View Full Version : UKMOC Weekender 2010

gary tompkins
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
May 2010 might seem a long way off, but we need to start planning for next years event. Just to jog peoples memory on feedback received from this year, here is my post weekender thread..

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=32914

We will be looking for volunteers to help run & organise for next spring. I'm unsure if any from last years team are up for it again, I would personally like to give someone else the chance to run the bike competition. Hopefully we'll be able to post a list of people needed and jobs to fill ASAP.

The main jobs are..

Liasing with Arrow Mill on room bookings, meals & collecting payments

Planning ride outs Saturday & Sunday

Planning alternative trips or entertainment on Saturday

Sorting bike competition, forum awards & trophies

####################################

As you know booking forms usually go up at the end of December

Watch this space

Pomp1
01-11-2009, 11:54 PM
tomorrow we would be half way there!

slob
02-11-2009, 04:19 AM
Happy to do another Saturday rideout.

LouSCannon
02-11-2009, 05:49 AM
I'll look to try and help out where I can.

Nonnie
02-11-2009, 05:55 AM
I don't mind doin the forum awards unless somebody else is mad keen to do it.

Jan (Belgium)
02-11-2009, 11:30 AM
This is my goal for next year,
Fractures are healed, now I only need to get my shoulder back in shape (still not full movement) and buy myself another monster

Hopefully I'll make it,

BluprintZ
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I'll sort out the naughty corner GT, seeing as that's where i'll be spending most of my time!!

G ; ) :hissy:

J.P
02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Albie and I got suggested for the National Rideout route, happy to go with that.

SazzaG
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Albie and I got suggested for the National Rideout route, happy to go with that.

Well volunteered JP! That would be great if you two could do that. Me and Rog might be around that day, and will be happy to help marshal on the Bavarian Land Yacht.

J.P
02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Yes Saz, think we need to do something about that. Maybe a quick wiz round the carpark would be easier so no one gets lost....

Albie
02-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I'll look to try and help out where I can.

You are official photographer. I will keep my jacket on from now on.

Liz
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM

New jacket looked good, keep it on!!!!

Liz
02-11-2009, 09:05 PM

Albie, new jacket looked good, please keep it on!!! Which weekend in May '10 is it? OMG, I'm repeating myself! :eek:

Albie
02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh and if you want me to do anything please ask. Bit busy with calender but always willing to help out with stuff .Maybe bike contest or something.

Liz
02-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh and if you want me to do anything please ask. Bit busy with calender but always willing to help out with stuff .Maybe bike contest or something.

Albie, who are you talking to? Please share!

gary tompkins
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Albie, new jacket looked good, please keep it on!!! Which weekend in May '10 is it? OMG, I'm repeating myself! :eek:

1st bank holiday weekend in May - Thursday until Monday

Liz
02-11-2009, 09:56 PM

And ok then, where is Arrow Mill? How about posting something for the 'newbies?!! ;)

Pomp1
02-11-2009, 10:04 PM

are we going for a longer weekend then? last year was Fri-Sun.

chris yeatman
02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
i would be interested in going to this event.

SazzaG
03-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Here's this year's details:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=30910

Just substitute next year's dates (30th April - 3rd May) and that's pretty much it!

bex
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
V interested just depends on uni work and whether I'm in deadline hell or not. Might be more realistic for me coming fri-sun so arrive a bit later and leave a bit earlier.

BluprintZ
03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
For the "newbies" to this forum, definitely go to the weekender.
We were fortunate this year, in that the weather was brilliant and a lot of members turned up, including of course the Belgian contingent, who were most entertaining.
I got there on Friday afternoon and left on Monday morning, although i got soaked on the way home, it didn't matter as my bike had won an award.
You'll also get to put faces to the members on here and come away having made new friends.

G ; )

scrapps
03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Not sure in what way i could help but happy to muck in if asked...

chris yeatman
03-11-2009, 06:06 PM
what happens about hotel and stuff, r there rooms booked for us or is it first come first served

Albie
03-11-2009, 06:11 PM
No its first come first served but also a travel lodge around corner and campings cheaper and fun with a group of peeps unless its windy and raining.

chris yeatman
03-11-2009, 06:28 PM
cheers albie, will have a chat with uksurfer and may be share a room
when would be the earlyest room could be booked.

gary tompkins
03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
are we going for a longer weekend then? last year was Fri-Sun.

Sorry my typo - that was including day off work I took before hand ;)

cheers albie, will have a chat with uksurfer and may be share a room
when would be the earlyest room could be booked.

As said in post #1 - booking forms go up at end of December. Arrow Mill has bed space for around 40

Last year all the rooms were booked in a few weeks, and most were taken inside 3 days !

Ditherers beware

http://www.arrowmill.com/

chris yeatman
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
cheers gary :thumbsup:

Albie
03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
May 2010 might seem a long way off, but we need to start planning for next years event. Just to jog peoples memory on feedback received from this year, here is my post weekender thread..

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=32914

We will be looking for volunteers to help run & organise for next spring. I'm unsure if any from last years team are up for it again, I would personally like to give someone else the chance to run the bike competition. Hopefully we'll be able to post a list of people needed and jobs to fill ASAP.

The main jobs are..

####################################

As you know booking forms usually go up at the end of December

Watch this space

Myself and Caroline would be willing to sort out the rooms etc. I have some experiance with Belgium and my better half is good on the phone.

slob
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
So getting back on topic....

Albie & Caroline ?

I'm happy to do this if GT wants a break and assist Nonnie should she get waylayed at the last minute

This still leaves:

I'll happily lead another small, swift rideout as an alternative to the main Saturday activity unless someone comes up with something I just can't miss out on...

Albie
03-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Im also prepared to help J.P on ride out where necessary. I know hes so very good at organising and I was asked to help him last year. So will offer unless anyone else wishes to assist in which case I will still be in background in case.

I will also try to get involved in alternative trips too. One idea we have and spoken about is Stratford upon avon on the saturday.:biggrin:

gary tompkins
03-11-2009, 10:33 PM
So getting back on topic....

Albie & Caroline ?

I'm happy to do this if GT wants a break and assist Nonnie should she get waylayed at the last minute

This still leaves:

I'll happily lead another small, swift rideout as an alternative to the main Saturday activity unless someone comes up with something I just can't miss out on...

Thanks Rob,

While I appreciate everyones enthusiasm, this thread was started an a "volunteers for help" excercise. There will be a dedicated weekender thread ASAP, which will hopefully answer any prospective 1st timers questions in detail. The overall format of the weekend will be similar to previous years, so a search on old threads should help to fill in the blanks.

In the meantime... thanks for all the offers of help so far :thumbsup:

J.P
04-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Maybe either of our two Presidents would like to jump in with some comments nearer the time too.
I'm sure they'll be heavily involved as well.

JMo
21-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I will also try to get involved in alternative trips too. One idea we have and spoken about is Stratford upon avon on the saturday.:biggrin:

Stratford is a traffic nightmare on a Saturday (and probably every other day to be honest)...

I vote for mini-motos, but then I always do...

xxx

Albie
22-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Stratford is a traffic nightmare on a Saturday (and probably every other day to be honest)...

I vote for mini-motos, but then I always do...

xxx

But if you know someone who lives there it can help. We have a plan.

JMo
22-11-2009, 10:54 AM
But if you know someone who lives there it can help. We have a plan.

Bomb scare?

xxx

(ps. sorry, pressed edit rather than quote before x)

Albie
22-11-2009, 10:59 AM
JMO !!!!:eyepopping::eyepopping::eyepopping: As if . May take didge along instead. Anyhow will see if we can arrange something as a few have asked to visit. You may well be right but local knowledge will be the key. Go karting or mini motos could also be a winner with belgiums maybe. Worth a punt.

JMo
22-11-2009, 11:05 AM
JMO !!!!:eyepopping::eyepopping::eyepopping: As if . May take didge along instead. Anyhow will see if we can arrange something as a few have asked to visit. You may well be right but local knowledge will be the key. Go karting or mini motos could also be a winner with belgiums maybe. Worth a punt.

Well, there is that go-kart track (Mr Karting) a few miles from Stratford as you know, but I reckon we should consider a return to the motos - the time is right!

xxx

Albie
22-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, there is that go-kart track (Mr Karting) a few miles from Stratford as you know, but I reckon we should consider a return to the motos - the time is right!

xxx

Maybe yourself or somebody can sort something out. I may even have a go and not do startford.. Have ridden one once around a garden with much laughter but not on a track. We could bring a load to arrow car park LOL.
Anyone got any cones :eyepopping:

Pedro
22-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Maybe either of our two Presidents would like to jump in with some comments nearer the time too.
I'm sure they'll be heavily involved as well.

Not sure if we'll be coming for the whole weekend yet, more than likely just the Sunday. Always happy to help on the ride out etc

gary tompkins
23-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Not sure if we'll be coming for the whole weekend yet, more than likely just the Sunday. Always happy to help on the ride out etc

Oooh... I'll have a nice day glow vest waiting for you mate ;)

uksurfer
23-11-2009, 07:23 PM
i'm up for the mini motos :pd:, should be able to supply some high-vis vests if needed

Albie
23-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I have 2. Seriously though we need to wear some amongst the riders .I will so dont worry