PDA

View Full Version : Latest mods

big pete
30-10-2009, 06:54 PM
New bellypan, front guard and screen with dent free tank. Corse stripes and motograffix number boards.
Next step shorten the cans!!!
Big Thanks to Geoff for help with locating number boards and to Bex for the screen.
Sorry its in attatchment form , tried loading from photo box but pooter dum dum!!
Front mudguard flap is made from a Monster carbon fibre tank pad.

buzzbomb
30-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Blimey Pete it looks the "dogs", nice to see the motografix stickers put to good use.

Lovvve the red wheels.

big pete
30-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Cheers Geoff, delighted with the graffix set. Do you want me to go ahead as mentioned or give you a ring?
When we get better weather (next spring!!) Ill get it out and get better pics.

bex
30-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Looks the business, doesn't look at all like the grubby blue screen I sent you ;)

chris yeatman
31-10-2009, 07:04 AM
hi pete, if u dont mind me asking,
what did u use to relocate number plate and rear light, i guess they call it tail chop,
but keep high cans
need to do it on mine
cheers
chris

looks great btw
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=13304&d=1256932279

uksurfer
31-10-2009, 07:21 AM
looking good, like what you've done, especially the red with the white panels

Capo
31-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Now I want to see the cement mixer look like that.

Good looking bike mate.

buzzbomb
31-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Stuart i'm sure that if you had a cement mixer it would be all modded to your usual standard :biggrin::biggrin:

Very nice Pete, and yes I still like those red wheels:eyepopping::eyepopping:

big pete
31-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks all ,appreciate the comments. Chris do you want me to e-mail you some pics and a wee explanation of what I did? just send me your e-mail addy mate.
Bex that was a damn good fairing and a good deal as well, used a different way of mounting as well which didnt cost any thing but scrap metal,
LOL , Capo new engine going in the mixer as we speak, considering it as a Hodgson replica duke.

bex
31-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Bex that was a damn good fairing and a good deal as well, used a different way of mounting as well which didnt cost any thing but scrap metal

Delighted to hear it, looks great on yours with what you've done with it, and it was just sitting on my bookshelf looking slightly like the odd one out :D

chris yeatman
31-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks all ,appreciate the comments. Chris do you want me to e-mail you some pics and a wee explanation of what I did? just send me your e-mail addy mate.
Bex that was a damn good fairing and a good deal as well, used a different way of mounting as well which didnt cost any thing but scrap metal,
LOL , Capo new engine going in the mixer as we speak, considering it as a Hodgson replica duke.

yes please mate. pm'ed u
cheers

m600_888_900ss
27-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Looking good Pete !!

Is that my old tank??

Andy

big pete
27-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Andy , that is indeed your old tank mate, got a few quid for the old tank so turned out a really really good buy in the long run!! Yep well pleased with the way its looking and have sent a letter to Santa for a few wee bits and pieces.

buzzbomb
27-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Yep well pleased with the way its looking and have sent a letter to Santa for a few wee bits and pieces.[/QUOTE]

Come on spill the beans what have you asked him for?

you never know your luck!!

keef
27-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Nice :thumbsup:

seby
27-11-2009, 09:32 AM
sexy bike mate!

Cutter
27-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Luvverly, and an inspiration as so many of the forum bikes are!!

rac3r
27-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Awesome! A good example that a tail chop works with high levels too :cool:

big pete
27-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Yep well pleased with the way its looking and have sent a letter to Santa for a few wee bits and pieces.

Come on spill the beans what have you asked him for?

you never know your luck!![/QUOTE]

Nothing serious mate , thought id better not push my luck, would like to run an open clutch cover so the bits needed for that and a dyno jet kit .:biggrin:
Wonder if Santa wants a Ducati to match his suit????
Thanks for the +ve comments lads , appreciate it . Need to get some good pics of the countryside up here with the bike and try for next years calendar!!

He11cat
28-11-2009, 01:21 PM
looks really good.. :) :)

well done ... looking good!!!...

I have so much I want to get done its all there in my head .. but its getting the cash together to do it..and i need a couple of things sorted mechanically as he has a few niggles at the mo .. ( I have a big box im dumping bits into :)

My Hector now has cut in less then half termis like bean cans!!! about the same size as my other bikes can.. ie bean can size!( Thanks to my friend who has the patience of a saint and a dab hand with a spanner.. as typical me they needed washers and bits to get them to fit , id have never done it on my own theyd have been lopsided!! sterling job im stoked!) they sound fab a very deep noise... so id recommend cutting them down!... I grinned all the way home!!... he's nice and noisy now!

Go for it!!...

He11cat
28-11-2009, 02:20 PM
opps duplicate

big pete
28-11-2009, 03:02 PM
:biggrin:Look forward to seeing Hectors pics and maybe hearing them one day when you take a run up to see the relys!!
Dont try and do it all at once, wait till the right deal at the right price comes along and never worry about using som one to help. Im sure most of us would be cr*p at your job.
The only reason Im cutting the cans on my bike is because I can and no other!!!
(think that means Im caning the can!) Oooooh Suzie Q:hail:

He11cat
28-11-2009, 06:14 PM
mine going to be frame work thats the main cost and I can't do that!!!...and paint!!!
not much will be new but .. refurbed stuff.. he will have an interim look which won't really match until I can sell the fighter then he will go for the frame to be hacked about..then finaly the paint... he wont be many peoples cup of tea... but nor is his owner.. but there you go!
youv'e done a grand job!