PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Bristol

Kemp1
28-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I've recently passed my test :biggrin: and after much deliberation have decided that the Monster 620 is the bike for me. I am keen to get the opinion of people that know and thought this was the best place to come!

Any pointers on the good, bad or things to look out for woulld be much appreciated..

I live in Bristol but work near Monmouth so looking forward to making the most of some great roads up the Wye Valley and hopefully joining some rideouts too when I finally get a new bike :)

desmo
28-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I've recently passed my test :biggrin: and after much deliberation have decided that the Monster 620 is the bike for me. I am keen to get the opinion of people that know and thought this was the best place to come!

Any pointers on the good, bad or things to look out for woulld be much appreciated..

I live in Bristol but work near Monmouth so looking forward to making the most of some great roads up the Wye Valley and hopefully joining some rideouts too when I finally get a new bike :)

Hi & welcome from another Bristol Monster owner.
You couldn't have picked a better bike for a new rider, the Monster 620 is simple to work on, light to use, gives loads of confidance & above all else really fun to ride.
My wife had a 04 Monster 620 & she loved it, she has now moved on to the Monster 696.

I know the Wye Valley very well, great roads & scenery, you are very lucky to have these roads as a daily commute.

Go get one, you won't regret it.

Nickj
28-10-2009, 10:08 PM
A good one to start on.
One advantage is the monsters are nice and stable, handy as there's that windy old bridge to get past!!
And as Desmo says nice roads up to mono, nice this week as it's half term :)
I was up that way the other day, a bit of a detour as I was going from Cheltenham to Cirencester LOL Easily confused me ;)

Kemp1
31-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks both -I haven't heard anyone say anything negative yet about the Monster so sounds it looks like the right decision!

Now I just need to find one for the right price!

big pete
02-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Good choice of bike and forum , welcome!

jimbo696
02-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Welcome.... You don't say much about your background, but assuming you are brand new to biking, the 620, 695 or 696 are all great choices...

SlowLearner
02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the club !

Good choice of bike, easy/fun youll love it :-)

Stafford
02-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Ah another local, welcome to the club see you out and about in the future.

Kemp1
13-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, Jim you are quite right I am brand new to biking (apart from the last few months on a 125 before I passed my test) so looking for something suitable for a newbie.

I'm just in the middle of completing on my house though so funds are rather tight but food is over rated anyway! -I'm really keen to sort something over the next few months if possible..

giler
16-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Welcome from Swindonia!

S4Rs MacK
20-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the best Ducati club in the UK. Lots of good people and advice to be had. Also a good place to pick up a good, well looked after bike with the back up of advice and assistance if you need it. Anybody got a 620 or 696/5 for sale ?

Cheers Deano

Albie
20-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the best Ducati club in the UK. Lots of good people and advice to be had. Also a good place to pick up a good, well looked after bike with the back up of advice and assistance if you need it. Anybody got a 620 or 696/5 for sale ?

Cheers Deano

Hasn't scooterboy a 695 for sale ??

NattyBoy
20-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome - 620 will be spot on for you. Nothing particularly nasty to tell you about. Just make sure its been lwell ooked after/serviced and the paint isnt sheeting off the crankcases !

If you want to meet some new faces the Bristol Ducati Owners Club are having our xmas dinner on the 10th - let me know if its of interest and I'll send you the info !

Kemp1
02-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Sorry NattyBoy -only just picked up your post but thank you! I put a deposit down on a 620 on New Years Eve -I've already started 2010 with a big grin on my face -it's destined to be a good year! :mand:

I pick the bike up at the end of Feb -looking forward to hopefully joining some rideouts when I'm not such a complete newbie!

Diego
02-01-2010, 10:41 PM
good choice on bike and welcome to the herd