PDA

View Full Version : Black M600 headlight fairing

Scott1
27-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi all, any idea where I can get a headlight fairing for my 2000 Dark?

It has a sort of carbon look one without a screen that that came with it, its coming off as I don't like it. Any ideas of where I can get one with the screen?

rac3r
27-10-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.protwins.co.uk/products_monster/monster_carbon/prod_monster_carbon26.html

They can also be bought form Ducati I think :look:

I'm still googling so will try and find a better site

Here's another, a bit expensive though! http://www.redracingparts.com/en/english.htm (It's under the fibreglass stuff)

He11cat
28-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I have a 99 M600 Dark .. everytime I found fairing for sale it had gone!
Ebay is prob best bet as well.

I just got one had a crack in it but I have glass fibre repaired it .
spent ages priming it.

just started spraying it a gust of wind blew the bit of plastic I had it sat on up and it stuck on my fresh paint !! grrrrrrrrr... So ive got to sand that bit down a bit..

Ive taken my time over it ..please please don't let it go wrong!!

I need a replacement windshield for it.. any ideas its the original old ducati fairing one with the slit at the front... worst time of year to spray as so much dust and debris in the air and wind ..lol

Can't wait to get it on... I may dust a coat of flip paint over it .. just a dusting.

by the time I got the fibre glass the primer the paint and the time I had spent ... I should have ordered a new one!! lol

it came with metal brackets .. how do I fit it ????? im clueless!..

Johnnyrob
28-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Not got one, but looking for one myself for my '01 M600 dark.

Carbon'll look good too, methinks.

I'd also consider another colour and get it sprayed.

Once Scot is sorted if anyone has a second one, then please lemmino...

Scott1
28-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks people, will give Protwins a look, it'll cost about a billion squid + vat from Ducati.

Hellcat, that sounds like one of my efforts at sorting this sort of thing! I'm going to flog the one that's on it, I'm sure a few people would like it actually, its just not to my liking, will put a pic up soon. It'll probably take me a month to take the damn thing off.

Pro Twins looks good, they have a replacement windshield as well.

big pete
28-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Looked for long enough myself till Bex sorted it out for me. What I was looking at and got a lot of replys was the Ducati monster USA forum. There are a lot on there and the last one I got offered was £65 delivered to the UK and it was brand new with a screen. Did e-mail Ladybird (Ithink) about one she had but havent heard any more , maybe she still has it worth a check.

He11cat
28-10-2009, 11:49 AM
no I think she sold her straight away.
I asked about a screen that was for sale here and a rack was desperado !! but didnt hear back :( :(
I am on such a budget.. but I will spend on paint when the time comes .. learnt the hard way on that!

I just need a screen for mine...any ideas where il get the screen to fit my old style fairing??
Its kinda cool doing my own... it will be done properly when bike gets sprayed eventually .. Its just so long and drawn out doing it by hand then wet and dry .. and the plastic primer grrrrr...

Mine was red.. now black.. im not looking forward to doing Laquer and stuff...and may dust with a flip paint... but not sure how you should treat it!! lol...

Then theres is fitting!! ..I have a pile of bits gathering in my bedroom... and nothing on my bike yet lol.

Just the screen holding me back and some bolts!!!.. lol... I soooo want it on my bike!! lol

james6573
19-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I have a screen/fairing from a 2001 M900 for sale if that would fit, contact james@neatey1.fsnet.co.uk , thanks.