PDA

View Full Version : Oil breather reed valve??

jimbo696
27-10-2009, 05:02 PM
My problem from the earlier post was an oil breather pressure relief valve,( I think that is what it called).. Apparently the reed valve is made of paper!!:eyepopping:

Question is; could fitting the decat pipe have contributed to the problem, or is it coincidence?

TIA..

Gilps
27-10-2009, 06:10 PM
My problem from the earlier post was an oil breather pressure relief valve,( I think that is what it called).. Apparently the reed valve is made of paper!!:eyepopping:

Question is; could fitting the decat pipe have contributed to the problem, or is it coincidence?

TIA..

That's just coincidence. The reed valve on the breather is there to allow oil to flow out of the engine cases when pressure builds up, then lets the oil back in when the pressure drops. I'm surpised that the valve failing led to an oil leak though, unless oil was blowing out, up in to the collectors then on to the airbox where it would leak from the bottom of the airbox. Glad you got it sorted though.

jimbo696
27-10-2009, 07:12 PM
The oil was actually blowing out of the gap in the pipe after the valve disintegrated...