PDA

View Full Version : cans.. in your opinion..

He11cat
26-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I have my little M600 .. but he is so quiet!!!

I got the Hector because I kinda fell in love with that sound..

I don't like my standard cans.. :(

Id love to rush out and buy some Termi's but I am doing my bike on a major budget..

Il try and sell one bike to help with the monster..

Ok prob looking at second hand for now got to be loud .. low level would like high level but
as I want to single seat my bike it prob isnt an option.As I need to carry stuff.

I like to chop and change stuff anyway.. needs removable baffles..
So what to look out for.. looks like fleabay!!!.. lol..

Just to get me by until I can get everything sorted.. and to make the bike sound like a Monster not like Henry the hoover!!.. oh not keen on Viper cans have one on my Yam .. is ok but would like something else!! Il prob end up with a couple of different one to chop and change with knowing me!! lol...
Any thoughts on good ones to look out for... im used to Yoshimura !!.. love Akropovics with that lovely blue sheen but dream on!!!! lol

gary tompkins
26-10-2009, 12:36 AM
You can de-core the standard cans & there are a few 'how to' pages on the web. Works well but it's not a simple DIY fix.

Otherwise..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-Monster-Stainless-Art-exhaust-cans_W0QQitemZ180424520807QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mo torcycle_Parts?hash=item2a0223b467

chris.p
26-10-2009, 05:21 AM
If you want some high levels.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120482532545&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just noticed yours is an M600 not a 620, sorry.

Chris.

Mr.Number
26-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Hey Hellcat, try looking at roadsitalia.com

.......and also this. This is on an S2R but they do the same pipes for yours. I am led to believe they are a match sound wise to the termi's and at a lot less cost. As with anything, you will be paying a fortune just for the termi name !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em-Wt67fIAo

Albie
26-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Most cans are exchanged secondhand. I have bought secondhand 4 sets over the years shaving hundreds off the price and then they seem to settle at a stable selling price. Because most are carbon or stainless they dont wear or rot so only thing you have to worry about is fit and scratches or dents which reflect in the price. You may find that the 620 ones may fit but you need to measure exhaust bores. I know for a fact s4 fit m620. Generally its only high levels that cause problems because they tuck behind footrests with standards on and can foul the swingarm. Get over that with spacers and longer bolts but you get a specific kit with Termis.
Hope it helps.

Coring cans is an idea but best left to those who have tools and basic skills in mucking about with things confidently.

big pete
26-10-2009, 08:50 AM
HC can def vouch for the Leo vince , fit is fantastic with really good bracketry with a nice deep tone of them, but Im still going to shorten mine over winter.

He11cat
26-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Me and DIY anything is not a good idea... my fingers are what earns the pennies in my home!! lol...I know what I am like ... lol..
Pete I like Leo vinces lovely cans :)

don't want anything too long as my bike will be stubby looking like its owner eventually!! lol

muthaducka
26-10-2009, 11:15 AM
You can de-core the standard cans & there are a few 'how to' pages on the web. Works well but it's not a simple DIY fix.

Otherwise..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-Monster-Stainless-Art-exhaust-cans_W0QQitemZ180424520807QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mo torcycle_Parts?hash=item2a0223b467

I bought a set of these on ebay in a carbon finish for my 695 - sounded awesome and were pretty easy to fit.

manwithredbike
26-10-2009, 06:48 PM
If you want some high levels.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120482532545&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just noticed yours is an M600 not a 620, sorry.

Chris.

these are too big and fat - imo of course. i'd go for the thinnest h/ls. i'm thinking of taking a bit off the end of my sil motos to make them a bit stumpier

Johnnyrob
26-10-2009, 06:52 PM
My m600 runs Viper cans.

They sound great and are not at all expensive. ;)

Bigxr
26-10-2009, 06:53 PM
wot you REALLY want is some of these!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220498174467

And soooo cheap!

He11cat
26-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I have stubby viper on my Yam. ..can been shortened right down. is a nice can .. but would like something different..

@Bigxr ??? lol um hmmm I don't ride a plough dear sir... lol :) you beast..

He11cat
21-01-2010, 06:35 PM
:cry:Got the stubby cans on the Hector which I like lots ... but spotted some Arts on flea bay that matched my hair!!!.... (lol...ok ok..).

My bloody Lappy went not bloody likely Miss at the last minute .. so my last bid didn't go in and I lost them..whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I was going to save them for when I got bored of me bean cans.

If you brought those purple silencers ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....sob sob.... how could you !!! lol...

Im sulking .. they where very me.... I shall hunt them down and swap them for my standard ones you scoundrel!!!:cry::cry::cry:

He11cat
21-01-2010, 06:41 PM
spose if they get chipped or scratched they would look pretty grim... as nice big silver scratches lol... im telling myself that over and over... lol and termi's are the dogs.... lol just not purple.... :(

skank
21-01-2010, 06:48 PM
stubbys for your monster, carbon or stainless

http://www.spengineering.co.uk/store/ducati%20racecans.htm

He11cat
21-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for that..
I have a nice set of stubby termis on the bike at the mo which I love and are chuffed to bits with.
But have never seen purple exhaust cans before these and with a black bike thought if I ever heaven forbid um mashed the termi's I could have the funky purple cans as my spares as I never want the fugley original ones back on lol and I like different.
Just was really taken by them..

I at the moment hate by laptop.... lol

I am waiting for a new seat... I am not a fan of the snoopy lol...
I am hoping my new seat will be here all cut down and sculpted end of Jan.. that dog has to go!:thumbsdown:

Paivi
21-01-2010, 10:27 PM
How can you not be fan of Snoopy??? Snoopy is the best thing ever! You're just plain weird... :fou:

Les9239
22-01-2010, 12:21 AM
I have a set of Arrow cans with removable baffles on my S4R. They sound fantastic. Its worth taking your time and surfin fleabay somethin will come up in time. I got a set of Aprilia race cans for my Millie for £150 . Just had to wait a few weeks for the right cans to come up.

He11cat
22-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Paivi .. I like The Moomins lol... I don't want snoopy on my bike (look at my seat!!! lol its got snoopy stitched in .. got to go!!).

Thanks Les sorry so so gutted never seen purple cans before I could have cried when my laptop went crash.
I didn't need them I have nice cans that I love , just a magpie thing .. thats pretty and shiny and purple!