PDA

View Full Version : Bikini fairing fitting kit

Johnnyrob
21-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I presume the Ducati monster bikini fairing comes with fitting brackets? Want to make sure as the ones I've seen don't appear to....?

Space Cadet
22-10-2009, 08:09 AM
The faring slots into two rubber grommets (one each side) on the other side of your indicators which themselves are mounted to the two triangular alloy brackets holding the headlamp on.

Then the faring is fixed in place by a nut and bolt each side up towards the clocks – will be obvious once you’ve done step one above.

Johnnyrob
22-10-2009, 04:22 PM
The faring slots into two rubber grommets (one each side) on the other side of your indicators which themselves are mounted to the two triangular alloy brackets holding the headlamp on.

Then the faring is fixed in place by a nut and bolt each side up towards the clocks – will be obvious once you’ve done step one above.

Thanks Spacey; so that explains the differing fitments on the early and later monsters as the indicator mounting position changed. Sounds like it would be possible to improvise if no grommets, etc where included.

I'm assuming the 695 fairing would fit my Duke as it has the later indicators.

gary tompkins
22-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Less brackets needed for smaller late version of screen

Just a couple of right angle tabs fitted to top yoke, and rest hangs off headlamp brackets

BluprintZ
22-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Mine fitted to the two clamp bolts, on either side of the top yoke, it has four spacers that fit inside the brackets, they then butt-up against the yoke.
The four bolts are longer than standard, to compensate for the spacers.
There was a rumour that mine was off an S4 Challenge, it has a vent on the front.

G : )

Iceman
23-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I have just been to three cross and ordered a fitting kit for the M600 monster they have ordered some extra rubbers and bits so if you have any thing missing drop them a line

slipper40
12-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Mine fitted to the two clamp bolts, on either side of the top yoke, it has four spacers that fit inside the brackets, they then butt-up against the yoke.
The four bolts are longer than standard, to compensate for the spacers.
There was a rumour that mine was off an S4 Challenge, it has a vent on the front.

G : )

yeah mines the same top quality bit of kit..