PDA

View Full Version : Bike checkpoints

steeevvvooo
19-10-2009, 10:21 AM
There was about a dozen coppers on Harleyford Road (I think) approaching Vauxhall from the south. I spotted them and changed up a couple of gears to keep the noise down (still baffleless) and didn’t get flagged over (I hope not anyway as I didn’t stop!) :eek:

The girlfriend got pulled on her scooter a little later though. Said there were 3 bikes on a tow truck, and bikes getting the fine tooth comb treatment. :on:

I think the baffles need to go back in. That’s the third time in a month I’ve seen bike specific check points along my commute! :mad:

S4R Dude
19-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Bikes on a tow truck?

I actually love these checks as i would put money on those three bikes having been ridden by tossers with no insurance. :woot:

Any tosser without insurance needs their bike crushing.

As to checks, well keep it legal and never worry! I try but still like my exhaust too much, luckily so far all i have had is advise. When i was stopped i was with a couple of bikes with small plates and these did not generate advise!

The cops were not happy with not being able to read them and id a rider....fair enough i suppose. Basically my legal plate kept me in their good books so the exhaust was not an issue!

steeevvvooo
19-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, agree for those with no insurance, no tax etc.

I have a standard plate, so the only thing they could get me for would be no baffles (as the can is actually CE marked, so no “road use only” issues) and possibly the open clutch cover. I’ve heard of these failing MOTs, so I guess they could say it’s not road legal if they were being picky.

Even so, if I ended up on the back of a truck for those, I’d be pretty unhappy!! :spin:

StuartJames
19-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Stevo...if they pull you over....it's because they just want to have a look at your bike! :)

steeevvvooo
19-10-2009, 09:15 PM
:woot: :biggrin:

More like my luck I'll get a miserable fecker who loves his sports tourers a little too much! :flamed: