PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen this oil before ?

snakey
13-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Putoline Oil - I personaly have never heard of it, but there is one of it's number of varieties that it recomends for the monnie, just wondering if anyone else has tried it. -other wise i'll have to order some rockoil and have it sent down - can't seem to find it in darkest devon!

Pete.

chris yeatman
13-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Putoline Oil - I personaly have never heard of it, but there is one of it's number of varieties that it recomends for the monnie, just wondering if anyone else has tried it. -other wise i'll have to order some rockoil and have it sent down - can't seem to find it in darkest devon!

Pete.

yeah, heard of it but never used it
i use shell

Stafford
13-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Using it in the ST4S, but can't really give you any feedback as it's only been in for a couple of thousand miles.
Rock Oil is a big name but I heard that it seems to burn off quite quickly or at least give the inpression of poor oil consumption via the 888 boys.
I like Motul which is allegedly the same stuff that Hein Gereke sell.

gary tompkins
13-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Putoline Oil has been around since 1970

They sponsor a lot of racing teams - seems more popular in the USA

giler
14-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Used to use their two stroke oil in mx'ers - good stuff, not experienced their 4
stroke stuff though.

snakey
14-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the feed back - I might just give it a try when i do the clutch change, I was going to start with changing the clutch fluid and seeing if that makes any difference - but the bleed nipple snapped off as i went to undo it, so i have to wait for one to be sent from Riders ( nothing for Ducs south of Bridgewater!)

Pete.

Nickj
14-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I used to use it in an XR280 (the overbore made the motor much nicer) whaich I used to race. Worked a treat and seemed to hold together better than Rock equivalent. The bike was thrashed mercilessly and never had any oil related problems so gets a commendation from me.

jerry
14-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I have used it in my Monster 750 for 5 years its good stuff from Holland. I use the 20-50w V twin semisynthetic. and now also in the 750ss