PDA

View Full Version : Bennetts bailing on some policies

Nickj
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi peeps, just a heads up that might be of interest.
In a letter I recieved from Bennetts Insurance tail end of last week they say...

"Due to the majority of our underwriters changing their criteria this year, we are currently unable to provide you with a quote." They also advised "If you can give us any extra details about you or your bike or if there are any changes in your circumstances"
So I called them being interested in what changes there were and they were very polite but helpful NOT and interested NOT AT ALL ... :nash:
They weren't telling me what criteria had changed and the helper elves on the phone were polite but came over as totally disinterested, the underlying tone and message was don't bother calling us again :twak: .

My details are unchanged over the last 8 years.
Possibly they don't like that I do about 4 times the national average miles a year, gotta blame all those 'born again :ymca: never go out in the rain crotch racers' for it being so low and falling.
Then it might be that the Monnie is such an old and ancient relic X reg 2000. :worried:

They get a rating of 1 out of 10 for customer care and 0 out of 10 for product as far as I'm concerned.

So it's bye bye Bennetts and Hello Carol Nash I think, I won't be back :thumbsup:.

Jim66a
11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Give e-bike a try

buzzbomb
11-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Nick I don't go out in the rain (been there done that etc) but I get a very good deal off Nick at ducati insurance so give him a call and see what transpirers.
btw i've never been born again either :mad:

BluprintZ
11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Give e-bike a try

Yep, i'm with Jim, e-bike for the last few years, no probs.

G : )

Albie
11-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Not great news. But who cares as enough decent insurers out there let them loose the money and business. I use Devitt and very good service but never had a claim on a bike touch wood. Its all about being insured and legal.

Saint aka ML
11-10-2009, 04:10 PM
All of them are doing that. I was quoted and given insurance in may for my 749. In the same month H&R sent me a letter stating that their undewriter has changed rules, when asked what rules no reply, and they have to change my insurance and rise my premium. Because I already had policy and had paid for it I told them no, contract does not state they can change prie half way through. They agreed to stay on the same premium for that year.

I am now with Ducati insurance.

I think what we should do is push government to set clear rules about insurance as each of them use what ever criteria they want, they do what they want as no one is in control of that.

There shoould be gov specified list of criteria that is used to asses some one for cover.

Hoolie
20-10-2009, 07:08 PM
E-bike for me too for the last few years - I'm an ex-Bennetts customer - only for one year as their renewal quote was taking the p*ss - maybe they were just trying to get rid of me too!

gremlin
21-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I've been with Aviva (Norwich Union for the past two years, fully comp, no claims protection now I qualify and legal cover for £123. They were also happy to include my two years on my 125 as part of my no claims which quite a few don't do that.

robgarrington
04-03-2010, 08:07 PM
ducati insurance again from me top guys i had to **** bennets off due to them not wanting to increase cover to fully comp without almost trebeling the premium and the cancelation fee was astronomical at £190 odd quid so i swapped thr policy to my old 50cc pedder !!! they owed me £££

never ever use bennets they are like the other bennets on the net www.bennetsnightclub.co.uk/

:)

Nickj
04-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Went with Ducati Insurance in the end

gary tompkins
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
H&R for bike

Bikesure for trike

Both :thumbsup: