PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make...........

logyk
10-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I feel very guilty right now .

I ordered a new bike today which has no Italian connection whatsoever.

Don't mention the war...........I mentioned it once ......but I think I got away with it.
Well it was at the point when I told the salesman the price I was prepared to pay to do the deal .......and he had fainted.
But then he phoned his boss and said "Yes ".

uksurfer
10-10-2009, 07:38 PM
do they produce bikes in afghanistan? :chuckle:

LouSCannon
10-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Tried messaging you Phil but your inbox was full.

Congrats, which one did you go for in the end??

buzzbomb
10-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Phil I hope you've not sold that s4rs in exchange for a german thingy

Stafford
10-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Tell 'em who the boss is Phil :thumbsup:

Stafford
10-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I ordered a new bike today which has no Italian connection whatsoever.

I thought they were allies, sorry axis once?

logyk
11-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I thought they were allies, sorry axis once?

Well they were for a while.

Anyway I have ordered a gleaming white F800GS with a few little bits to go with it...............and lots more bits still to come I fear.

I still have the S4Rs....but it is spoken for !

I have just spent the last 3 1/2 hrs clearing out my garage .......geez where does all this stuff come from.

Anybody need a carbon straight through silencer for a 98 Fireblade or a chain guard for the same ?

The good news is .............

..............by judicious parking I can now get at least 2 more bikes in .....and maybe 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can now relax a little.

LouSCannon
11-10-2009, 02:29 PM
What made you go for the 800 in the end Phil?

Albie
11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Well they were for a while.

Anyway I have ordered a gleaming white F800GS with a few little bits to go with it...............and lots more bits still to come I fear.

I still have the S4Rs....but it is spoken for !

I have just spent the last 3 1/2 hrs clearing out my garage .......geez where does all this stuff come from.

Anybody need a carbon straight through silencer for a 98 Fireblade or a chain guard for the same ?

The good news is .............

..............by judicious parking I can now get at least 2 more bikes in .....and maybe 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can now relax a little.

I still have room for your Desmo should the need arise for your space to be more. I heard one with the proper zorsts yesterday and my word sir AWESOME !!!!

Hope you have a lot of pleasure eating up the miles on the comfort of a BMW.

logyk
11-10-2009, 04:46 PM
What made you go for the 800 in the end Phil?

Jim,

I felt that it offered the best compromise between on and off-road capabilites.Try reading a bit of this thread on another forum of a guy who started out on an R1200 and then bought an 800GS. Some stunning pictures and great adventures!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427909

I couldn't stop reading it !

logyk
11-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I still have room for your Desmo should the need arise for your space to be more. I heard one with the proper zorsts yesterday and my word sir AWESOME !!!!

Hope you have a lot of pleasure eating up the miles on the comfort of a BMW.

Albie ,

I would have taken you up on your kind offer to house the 'Sedici for me ......but as explained above a lot of toil, cursing and dusty endeavour has produced more than enough room.

Alternatively, if you want to buy it just give me a shout.

damo
12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Jim,

I felt that it offered the best compromise between on and off-road capabilites.Try reading a bit of this thread on another forum of a guy who started out on an R1200 and then bought an 800GS. Some stunning pictures and great adventures!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427909

I couldn't stop reading it !

Couldn't stop either, great stories and pictures!
The guy also has pics of a custom made "Enduro" Monster in the Desert Valley.
I wonder if that's the one we say linked somewhere on this site some time ago?

logyk
12-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Hmmmmmm.....I missed that original posting but you may well be right.

Did you get any sleep /work done after starting the thread ?

damo
12-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Nope I didn't get much sleep after reading it, brain kept buzzing away!

One of the previous threads about Enduro Monsters (the url smugmug.com seem to match the one from your thread actually): http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25206&highlight=monster+enduro

logyk
12-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Nope I didn't get much sleep after reading it, brain kept buzzing away!

One of the previous threads about Enduro Monsters (the url smugmug.com seem to match the one from your thread actually): http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25206&highlight=monster+enduro

Maybe....... but checking the vid on ChiTown's thread the monster there had a white stripe down the tank and seat cover.

Maybe there are a lot of converted monsters over in Cali.