PDA

View Full Version : Touring on my monster

Funkatronic
06-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Know its late in the year but as a few of you may know, im thinking of taking a short trip into northern spain and maybe into portugal next week to clear my head a bit

gonna take boat to santander then through the asturias mountains and maybe around the north coast

what items should i take with me tools wise?

any recommends of things to see, places to stop?

any advice gratefully received

ali

StuartJames
06-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I was just talking about doing that route (although riding down through France) last week.
Would have been great to ride down to the MotoGP in Portugal next month!!

Vianno do Castello in Portugal is lovely, you'll probably have to pass through it on your way down the coast from the North.

Very jealous of you!!

MrsJel
06-10-2009, 08:52 PM
what items should i take with me tools wise?

We usually have a selection of screwdrivers & allen keys, multi-tool thingy, some ultraseal (if not already in the tyres), a list of ducati (& triumph) dealers, European breakdown card, gaffer tape, duct tape.

Don't know where to stop in Portugal, but if you find somewhere, let us know, we're thinking of doing similar run next year!

Carole

Albie
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
As above general tools in case of silly loosening and cableties. AA or rac cover. But above all have a great time on your travels too clear your head and bring us back some of your memories on a camera.

Wish you well.:D:D

chris yeatman
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
take a high viss with ya it may be law in some places
and doc's.
oh and take ya passport. lol
have a safe one :chuckle:

Jim66a
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi, I've been over on the Santander ferry a couple of times but never headed west, If you decide to head south or to the east and the pyrenese then I can point you at some awsome roads.