PDA

View Full Version : Wet weather gear

StuartJames
05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
A few people were talking about gear this weekend, so as promised Rob (Slob) here's where I got my Jacket (and trousers) from.

http://www.rev-it.co.uk/

You can park right outside the Forest Gate shop which is pretty handy as well.

Revit have some great 4 season kit, with multiple layers that are easy to strip out for the summer. Trousers and jacket come with armour and back protector, and the quality and condition is still fantastic even after a year of abuse in all weather.

I bought the Off-Track textile jacket and trousers, plenty of pockets and places to lose things, and a handy mobile phone pocket inside the jacket. The pockets at the front are totally waterproof as well, so cameras, wallets, etc, can be put in them safe and dry. Handy pocket across the lower back too, for maps and things, and a larger zipper pocket for some wet weather overalls if you think it may rain.

The thermal lining is super thin and uber warm so no worries about the colder weather. I got caught out in one torrential rain storm earlier this year for a couple of hours, and the wetness started to creep in where it hits you. Other than that, wet weather isn't a problem at all and keeps you dry and warm. One thing I noticed is that the thermal linings keep your body at a consistent and comfortable temperature, doesn't get much colder and doesn't get much warmer. Perfect for the changeable English weather we've had this year!

And just as important, the gear looks good too :)

SlowLearner
05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I too have some rev-it winter gear and recommend it.

He11cat
07-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I need some rain gear.... :) got wet two days on trot now and soggy bum..lol

What the ****ens is that?...... oh a silver rain suit!!...they do a silver one lol......

the trousres I have I can pull up to my armpits! ..are these pretty good???

giler
07-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Wife uses RevIt - good gear.

giler
07-10-2009, 10:39 AM
the trousres I have I can pull up to my armpits! ..are these pretty good???

Nice look:chuckle:

He11cat
07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
covers my belly warmer underwear see.... :)

giler
07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
covers my belly warmer underwear see.... :)

OOH a nice pair of homers:spin:

paul67
07-10-2009, 12:17 PM
A few people were talking about gear this weekend, so as promised Rob (Slob) here's where I got my Jacket (and trousers) from.

http://www.rev-it.co.uk/

You can park right outside the Forest Gate shop which is pretty handy as well.

Revit have some great 4 season kit, with multiple layers that are easy to strip out for the summer. Trousers and jacket come with armour and back protector, and the quality and condition is still fantastic even after a year of abuse in all weather.

I bought the Off-Track textile jacket and trousers, plenty of pockets and places to lose things, and a handy mobile phone pocket inside the jacket. The pockets at the front are totally waterproof as well, so cameras, wallets, etc, can be put in them safe and dry. Handy pocket across the lower back too, for maps and things, and a larger zipper pocket for some wet weather overalls if you think it may rain.

The thermal lining is super thin and uber warm so no worries about the colder weather. I got caught out in one torrential rain storm earlier this year for a couple of hours, and the wetness started to creep in where it hits you. Other than that, wet weather isn't a problem at all and keeps you dry and warm. One thing I noticed is that the thermal linings keep your body at a consistent and comfortable temperature, doesn't get much colder and doesn't get much warmer. Perfect for the changeable English weather we've had this year!

And just as important, the gear looks good too :)

Brill sales pitch stuart, have you got shares in rev-it LOL

SazzaG
07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow, good ladies selection - I've got my eye on the mesh jacket for next summer!

I think that membrane linings are the way to go if you want things to be very waterproof. I've got an Akito jacket and trousers that I use for off-roading which has the membrane and warm linings. I wore them back from the weekender last year in torrential rain, and was toasty warm!

Thanks for the info Stuart.