PDA

View Full Version : Fitting headlight cover

StevieB
02-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I have just purchased a carbon headlight cover for the 696 . Has anyone else fitted one of these ? The centre fixing screw appears virtually inaccessible , although the other two were Ok , possibly a bit fiddley.
If I have to remove the entire headlight assembly I dont mind , but it seems a lot to just get at one screw !
:hissy:

Albie
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Yes take it off. Apparently someone did it without but man that must have been a mouse with the allen key. There are two nut behind the forks. Undo them and save the washers as they fall off.
Then from from lift the headlight unit forward and lift off the lugs that it hangs off and then you can turn and get behind it better.

Mine didnt fit that well on one side but still looks ok. Just a bigger gap thaen other side by about 1mm.

StevieB
03-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks Albie . Appreciated the advice. Couldnt get a mouse with an allen key so I did as you said and took the light off. Looks great , and I managed to get it to fit with no gaps !

Albie
03-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I think I may be able to correct mine but usual poor quality control standards on carbon fibre fitment.