PDA

View Full Version : S4Rs Wheels

916neil
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Got a pearl white Monster S4Rs with Dulux white wheels. Doing my head in that they do not match. Did a photoshop of it with red wheels but did not like. Options now are to d the wheels in Pearl White (my Car spraying mate can do that) or do them in Ducati Racing Gold. All other models of Ducatis get the gold wheel colour when you go to the top of the range model but not the S4Rs. What do you all think of it with gold wheels - see atatchment? Anybody know where I can but Ducati Racing Gold Paint?

slob
02-10-2009, 05:45 AM
'Ducati Racing Gold Metallic' code is: Palini 928 D353

r66bby
02-10-2009, 06:43 AM
I would go gold, could look smart

Pomp1
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
should you get them done don't get them sprayed but powdercoated.what about the old gold, like the marchesini 996 for exhample?

916neil
03-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Definately want the more "modern" champagne gold look like the most recent top range 1098 and latest Monster S. Needs a sample of the colour (or borrow a wheek from a Ducati Shop!!) to take to plastic coaters to get a near match.

Pomp1
03-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Definately want the more "modern" champagne gold look like the most recent top range 1098 and latest Monster S. Needs a sample of the colour (or borrow a wheek from a Ducati Shop!!) to take to plastic coaters to get a near match.

Get a test ride then nip down the 'coaters..:rolleyes:

916neil
10-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Still not got the wheels painted but I have at least found a close match for the colour - would not want to use it as a touch up but it's near enough to do the two wheels from Scratch. Its from Jaguar cars and it's called winter gold - may be of use to someone if they want that type of colour.

Capo
10-03-2010, 04:06 PM
The S4Rs Tricolore came with gold wheels

916neil
10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Thats the colour wheel I used to get the match from Jaguar. took some swatches from my mate who works in the car repair trade and found that was the best match

Gina
21-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Don't change them. I know it's a pain but when clean and out and about they look great.

White ain't easy but get's you noticed:)

analogue_rogue
21-03-2010, 09:49 AM
should you get them done don't get them sprayed but powdercoated.what about the old gold, like the marchesini 996 for exhample?

i ha a nightmare finding someone to poswer coat my wheels for a decent price.. but i finally found Slough Plastic Coatings FANTASTIC guy there both wheels for 80 in any colour or combination.. its not the cheapest in the country but the pleasant helpful guy made it worh the extra.. :D

steeevvvooo
21-03-2010, 10:36 AM
old gold and new gold I believe? I quite like the darker colour, but both are nice.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201011354993577/sort/priceasc/model/monster/make/ducati/keywords/s4rs/radius/1501/postcode/br13hp/page/1/advert-type/featured-listing/dealer/12443/usedbikes?logcode=flp

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201010354268959/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/model/monster/make/ducati/keywords/s4rs/radius/1501/postcode/br13hp/page/1?logcode=p

Mr.Number
21-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I agree the white wheels do look good when clean, but its another extra job at times you might not be arsed. I think the old gold is too yellowish and looks as strong as the front forks which doesnt look good in my opinion.

I would either go with the white match you can get, or black. I think the Marchesini the S4r has look great in black.

916neil
21-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I def do not want the old gold. Thanks for the pics of the one in trader at Ducati Manchester. Still thinking about "new gold" or matching pearlescent white. Trouble is - with the pearlescent white on wheels I think it may always look like it's coverred in a layer of dust. Decisions decisions.

gary tompkins
21-03-2010, 10:05 PM
i ha a nightmare finding someone to poswer coat my wheels for a decent price.. but i finally found Slough Plastic Coatings FANTASTIC guy there both wheels for 80 in any colour or combination.. its not the cheapest in the country but the pleasant helpful guy made it worh the extra.. :D

Remember to remove bearings and cush rubbers

Heat in oven from powder and/or plastic coating process will trash them

916neil
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Well - the bike needed new tyres so I bit the bullet and had the wheels sprayed Jaguar Autumn gold.

Reaction has been mixed - one person says too many colours going on there now, another said if he did not know better he would have said the gold wheels were standard and the white done by a teenager modding the bike, another siad much better - the white was so 90's and finally a girl at the local bike shop said she loved the colour but to take her advice on colours with a pinch of salt as she had bright pink hair!

A couple of photos - feel free to comment - negative as well as positive.

By the way - the new tyres - pirelli Rosso Corsa's - superb. A million times better than the Pirelli Rossos (Not Corsa) and even better than the dragon super corsas that I had on. And it looks like they may last longer than the 2000 miles of the supercorsas though maybe not as long as the 4500 miles of the Rosso (non Corsa's). As well as good grip levels they seem to improve the ride quality no end - and a mate with a Suzuki B King reports the same (with no prompting) so it's not just me. Need to get on a track day again to fully confirm the grip levels - photo in my Avatar are on Avon Viper Supersport which were my favourite (surprisingly) till now.

cairojay
07-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Got the gold on the tricolore and I get wow comments all the time

916neil
08-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Thats part where I got the idea from. My mate who says theres too many colours going on with my bike says the Tricolore is OK as the frame is that gold as well.

vtaggart
08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Love the change, makes it much richer looking.

Vince