PDA

View Full Version : Helmet advice

steeevvvooo
01-10-2009, 07:52 PM
After buying a £400 AGV GP tech helmet on Sunday (albeit in the sale) , I tripped up the stairs tonight, whilst holding it, and instinctively put my arm out to stop me falling "up" stairs!! :nash:

So, not dropped as such, and wouldn't have taken my full weight as I was going up stairs, not down, but I'm still worried. :worried:

It's 5 days old, I'm so annoyed!! :hissy: Can they be checked in anyway? I know Arai do some sort of check where you can send it away, but do any independent places check?

edit: I was holding the chin piece, so was the rear that hit the stairs. Quite an egg shaped aerodynamic back...

Gunshow
01-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I have to be honest, ive done a very similar thing with a full carbon fibre Kraft RX7, it cost me £350, i dropped it about 2 feet whilst pulling it off a shelf in the bedroom, i'd had it 2 months, now Im no p*ssy, but as I loved my beautiful head, I just didnt think it was worth risking it as they do say that even a soft knock can damage the inner casing.

So, I claimed it under my home contents, only £50 excess and it hasnt pushed my premium up, after all, thats what it's there for, so as long as you have accidental damage on your goods you could look at that as an option.

steeevvvooo
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Cheers mate. Read a few on here (another Carbon lidded dropped by someone onto a carpet and dented? Gremlin maybe?).

Just been reading this thread http://www.visordown.com/forum/forummessages.asp?UTN=318974&dt=4&URN=3&srchdte=0&cp=2&v=1&sp=

Quite interesting, especially about the Ride article...