PDA

View Full Version : Ive Done it!!!

Gunshow
01-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Ive done it!! Ive owned 3 monsters, all with chopped tails, but tonight Ive actually chopped the ass of my own! As you can tell i'm exceptionally chuffed, it's looking very tidy, however, I really need some help with the bracket, does anyone have a template of what i need to make? Plus any tips on fitting? Really don't want to get this wrong!

Pomp1
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
I've simply bolted 2 bent brackets on the rear light stay on mine, and then bolted the plate tho that.I've then bolted the indicators on the hi-level brackets. Total cost: 50p.

Gunshow
01-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Pomp, thanks, but what you just said i dont get.... sorry!

The rear part of my bike looks different to Pancho's, where the seat lock sits, and I just can't seem to work out how it will all fit, plus Ive ordered integrated indies and rear light, so wont need the indies part.

Sorry to be a pain mate. Very keen to get it right.

Pomp1
01-10-2009, 08:28 PM
You have the bolts where your rear light attaches right? you get 2 straight brackets and bolt them to that together with the stop light, you then bend them and bolt the rear plate and presto,job done!(I use this (http://www.bikebitzuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2368) to hold the the plate on, as is a double function!). If you can wait I'll get some pics tomorrow.
PS Not sure if your bracket is the same as mine, what year is the bike?

uksurfer
01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
i think you could either bolt the bracket where the rear light sits through the frame(if you have one), or use the bolts that hold the seat lock on under the undertray

Gunshow
01-10-2009, 08:35 PM
x reg, year 2000.

ok, i get how to attach the plate to the rear light, but I dont get how to attach the unit to the bike?

As for the mounting bolts I was going to cut the base on my rear light and use the clear perspex from the number plate light to cover the whole I made, making a quick and easy solution for a number plate light.

Gunshow
01-10-2009, 08:37 PM
i think you could either bolt the bracket where the rear light sits through the frame(if you have one), or use the bolts that hold the seat lock on under the undertray

I was going to use the seat lock bolts as you suggest, but they are a mess, they are coming off for no man!

uksurfer
01-10-2009, 08:43 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Ducati%20Monster%20M600%20-%20The%20Dark%20Duke/rearlightbracket2.jpg

does that help, the red circles should hold the light on (if you have that bracket) or use the blue circle bolts?

Gunshow
01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Mate that is truly awesome, thank you so much for taking the time to do that, but my bike looks nothing like that underneath.

I dont have the the part where the red circles are and the blue cirlced bit has two almost welded in nuts and bolts, not allen key bolts.

Does this mean im going to have to drill them out and replace with new ones?

Gunshow
01-10-2009, 08:59 PM
my ass end looks like this!

uksurfer
01-10-2009, 09:02 PM
yes, get them out and put in some nice new alloy bolts, my S4 has no plate on either(red circles), you need to watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9RWXkcnMiw&feature=PlayList&p=B3806168011EEC63&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10

have fun
all you need then is put two 'L' shaped brackets down from there for the no. plate!