PDA

View Full Version : Pillions Pegs with High Level Large Exhausts

LouSCannon
28-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Is anyone aware of a method to fit the rear pillion pegs on a bike with large exhausts pipes, such as a full race termi system?

Normally looks like this: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Ducati%20S4RS%2006%20%204.jpg

Due to the size of the pipes the normal pillion peg bracket doesn't fit. I heard a rumour some custom spacers would do the trick?

Been digging around and not been able to find anything, although someone before has apparently had a similiar problem...?

LouSCannon
28-09-2009, 03:58 PM
As an addition to this, alternatively if anyone knows of someone who might be able to machine some custom spacers then I'm happy to pay??

uksurfer
28-09-2009, 04:16 PM
i had some of those on my s4/r, albie will know, i cant remember if they had spacers or not, but the bottom of the side panels were cut too allow access?

Albie
28-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Is anyone aware of a method to fit the rear pillion pegs on a bike with large exhausts pipes, such as a full race termi system?

Normally looks like this: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Ducati%20S4RS%2006%20%204.jpg

Due to the size of the pipes the normal pillion peg bracket doesn't fit. I heard a rumour some custom spacers would do the trick?

Been digging around and not been able to find anything, although someone before has apparently had a similiar problem...?

I dont see why your posting s4r exhausts Jim. Yours isn't singlesided. Are you talking high levels stacked or side by side. The termi systems come with spacers which fit behind the footrest brackets and space them approx 8-10mm out from original. If you need more washers can be used.
Try pm'ing someone like Gremlin as Im sure she will know someone even Clive maybe. If I had a lathe I could knock them up in 10 mins but I haven't.

I may be reading the thread wrongly. Try B&Q and look for washer with and 8mm hole and should do the trick until you get some made if you need to.

LouSCannon
28-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Cheers Albie, never said it was for the 695...