PDA

View Full Version : He11cats M600

He11cat
27-09-2009, 09:32 PM
My little M600
I have had him lowered , shock changed.
Have a few more bits and bobs to put on.
Plan to respray it soon but may have it lowered another little bit as still on tiptoes! Which is ok til I hit a hill and have to stop!:thumbsdown:lol.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/Monsteradj.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/monster1adj.jpg

giler
28-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Looks very clean, and of course the best colour (saves loads of polishing)!

Gilps
28-09-2009, 08:23 AM
If you've lowered the back end then it may be worth considering dropping the yokes through the forks a little more. It'll help restore some of the balance to the steering and will help with the lowering efforts too. Just watch out for decking out the pegs and zorsts.

Pancho
28-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Nice lookin bike, looks to be in good order!

big pete
28-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Very nice HC, is that the snoopy seat!!! like the look of it lowered makes it look way longer.
Found out who the relys are in Fort Bill yet?

He11cat
28-09-2009, 09:47 PM
thanking you's ...:)

yokes are through a bit..

I am having another gel seat made at the mo with 50's style zodiac metal flake material..which I love...
trying to sculpt the seat to give me less width... and minimal height...due to my short legs.

I could do with an extra inch down.. as when i have to stop on slopes and cambers ..oh dear!!!..but its very low as it is and already had to moddy my house to get the bikes out!

Only issue I am not happy with is the ding in the tank..not me... So that will be rectified after I have had a play and got better...or replace my tank.

had belts done ,ignition fault sorted, back brake sorted, new diablos on, shock change, stand altered , seat in progress...
belly pan will go back on sale as its too long for such a low bike... carbon duke one so someone may like it..

will be sprayed up when I have had some more time with it and maybe adjusted the height some more.
been warned about carbs icing as well..so got to address that as well..

future plans are re-spray, change bars, add bikini fairing, stock zorsts got to go..thinking of tail chop not sure yet.. as I plan on putting some miles in next year and may have to fit a rack (shock horror yuk) that comes off easy!!! so would not be suitable for chop.
crash bungs here now so will get fitted... the real work probably get done springtime after I have trundled about on him a bit more....

having a bad time riding at the moment.. like a plank of wood and nervy .. so got to really relax down into it..not the bike its me..

May run him back to Karl and ask his opinion on any thing I can do to get that inch ..

@Pete id better call home.... il ask.....

Albie
06-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Looks a nice bike HC. Be good to see it sometime soon. Make sure you come to Weekender and Belgium . I ride wooden too at times but Im a scaredy cat.:eek:

He11cat
06-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Im sure il meet you lot soon... lol....
I now am building a pile of bits .. starting to mend and spray the fairing... and thinking how the devil does this fit!! lol

He11cat
26-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Still waiting for the new seat... snoopy is not my thing..lol...

Bean cans on... I like them.. help was at hand lucky for me as it was a bit of a faff.. trust me to be akward...big thanks!!..
I really like...

Bigxr
26-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Nicely done. What happened to your fairing?

Yorkie
26-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Nice cans there love!! (In a not rude way!!)

Yorkie

He11cat
26-12-2009, 05:52 PM
oh the fairing yes... this was the last bit... until I put the final dust of flake on... and laquer..

The paint was professional ..and should have been fine..
it reacted badly and bubbled in a few spots as you can imagine I went loopy after hours of work getting it to this..

currently took it back down and trying again as ir reacted again and the paint guy has offered to help as said shouldn't happen... its the right primer, the right paint.. was the clear and flake which was sposed to be right that set it off...

it looked good for a can job and a lot of rubbing compound see picture!! sob

I am now priming and sanding to start again.. and hope it doesn't react ... even when i took the clear and flake off it reacted..

On top of that the colour has been discontinued !! so I have to get it right this time..serves me right for trying to dust flake over the top!

But got the right stuff for the job... my laquer was faulty.. apparently lots been returned!!

He11cat
26-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Cheer Yorkie had to be done!!! and opps the not for road use bit fell off.. dunno how!!!! lol

rac3r
26-12-2009, 09:22 PM
After watching The Dark Knight I've been thinking my next bike has to be matte black :cool:

dunlop0_1
27-12-2009, 07:31 AM
But got the right stuff for the job... my laquer was faulty.. apparently lots been returned!!

What was wrong with the laquer?

I was a vehicle painter for 22 years and never heard of lacuer being faulty. If you use acrylic based primer, basecoat and laquer you should have no problem. You will still have to be careful around any repairs as the solevent is very aggresive and will still wrinkle up if you apply to much to soon. You can get some barrier coat primer which stops this.

Also if you have used a 2k laquer and then apply acrylic basecoat over the top it will react like like paint stripper.

If you need any advice please ask.
Gonna be posting some pics soon on DIY airbrushing.

Neil

He11cat
27-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I know not to mix acrylic and 2k paints ..big bubbly peely messes!!

No this is a very faint crazing.. but enough to show..you can dust anything over the top and suddenly in front of your eyes you get a tiny patch of crazing..

Im quite a careful person.. it took me weeks to get to last stage as I was so over fussy and careful..
There is an odd chemical reaction going on somewhere.. not as drastic as you'd get with the above but there just the same.. im now back to priming and even then I am getting this problem only little bits but if the base isnt right it will go right through the paint.

so I am dusting a tiny bit of primer over the fairing watching for the crackle then stripping it right back again.. then spray a fine coat again to see if it comes back again I have got to keep doing this until what ever it is has been sanded off... its a mare..

And no I am not spraying to much on..
I am no expert I just enjoy painting anything except decorating lol..

I suspect it was a reaction between the final top coat of clear and flake and either paint or clear and laquer..
I think wrong laquer.. although the nossel was faulty..

I asked for a clear laquer for the mix of paint I got and they said we don't do it.. this is what we have been using for bikes... hmmmmm...

Any way nothing I can do except work away eliminating the problem.. ie sanding back spray and watch.. if reacts go back to plastic again...

He11cat
27-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Can I ask you something?

I had a bike with a nice pearl paint job but had a horrible decal on it .. it didn't seem to be under the clear coat but anyway...hairdryer prob have done the job!

my bike was away having some mods done and said we will take the decal off..

I was fine with that as persons best mates a sprayer by trade
I got the bike back and it didn't look the same.. he said oh I just tcut it a little for you to bring the colour up ..

The bike had been sprayed pearl with lots of laquer for over 18 months so should have been settled.

It looked flat.. on closer inspection when person had gone.. no bloody laquer left and the pearl well.. not very pearl.. took the bike out and chunks of paint came away.. I leant against it and it came away like butter down to the primer..

I got a friend or two round to look and all said looks like your bikes been brake fluided!!..

it was coming away right down to the primer and even that wasn't good..something had been done.

What would cause this??
Bike had been shown and ridden previously with no probs just when it came back to me ..like painted in butter!

dunlop0_1
27-12-2009, 02:03 PM
If you are starting a fresh the try and get some barcoat (trade name) to use after the primer. You only need one coat and their is no need to rub it down. This will stop any reaction from underneath.

Regards the pearl. If the paintwork was 18 months old then it should have been good for life. Brake fluid as a cause i doubt as it would have gone straight down to the plastic. It is possible (and i have seen this happen) that if what appers to be perfect paintwork or laquer when first applied is not done at the right time intervals months or even years later it can if chipped or scratched start to come off. It starts small and gets worse and worse until great sheets of the finish come off.
Saw it happen on a 12 month old Triumph 675 when the mechanic where i used to work was a bit impatient taking the tank protector off.

Better if i could have seen it close up but damn sure it did'nt do it with out some help.
Alas you will probably never know.

kneedown
27-12-2009, 04:23 PM
nice looking bike hc

He11cat
27-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Oh I have pics the whole bike has to be resprayed ... although now il prob just sell it..its had 2 new tyres and a garage has had it apart to check it all..and I rode it to North Yorkshire and back.
and full tax and ticket will be on it.
something had been done because its just the tank.... and the bike looked different when it came back.. dull lifeless paint... and the laquer had vanished...the pearl was not as thick either..

this came off like soft butter... i leant on it and it just came away as I pushed the bike.
leant on it hundreds of times before it went away and leant and pushed on it hundreds of times before with no issues.. as I said friends took it out for spins for me.. and it was shown..

Only happened after I got it back..
I can get you a pick no sweat its still like it but the paint went back hard.. but will need a respray. or the tank will at least.
Sorry its just bugged me for the last year as the bike was modified for me and was a custom one off Streetfighter... stunning bike as well.. and well known as mine.. :(
Thanks for the advise!!!! il see if I can order some!

Its gone hard again now but is sadly chipped down to the primer.

He11cat
27-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks Kneedown... :0) have you seen my arm!!?????
I am well happy with it ..not finished yet

spacemonkey
18-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Glad the fairing worked out for you! Did you manage to get a screen for it?

weimeranerman
18-03-2010, 08:00 PM
HC That black is almost as nice as my Red Monster!:spin:

He11cat
19-03-2010, 02:19 AM
@ Spacemonkey got a screen just resorting fairing paint job out. Will post a picture when I have done it again.

@ Weimeranerman thanks .. maybe I should have gone for red to match the colour of my eyes..hmm.

Seats back now re-covered, but its higher then my other lowered seat .. I will see how much higher at the weekend but has a nice comfy gel pad in it.

He11cat
27-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Seats now back.. love it, sculpted sides gel pad..
Discotastic back.. although more blue then green ... wanted a greener colour but its more um sea green metalflake.
Bloody swatches!!
Zodiac is used for old style diner seat covers , and cars. Is hardwearing.
Popular with Hodrod / Ratrods guys.
Got lots left lol...
Is a tad higher then the thin lowered seat I have.
I will cover the other seat as well.. purple I thinks!

BluprintZ
27-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey, that's a bit of alright missus!
Paint looks trick as well Melanie, nice one.

Meant paint effect, soz!

G ; ) :thumbsup:.

gary tompkins
27-03-2010, 11:17 PM
That's neat idea - looks like it's got a painted seat cowel on it

Do they do other nice sparkly colours?

Yorkie
28-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Very nice looking seat, who covered it for you? My SS needs the seat recovering! I think ill go for black, not spangley green!

Yorkie

He11cat
28-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I actually wanted it the other way round but was advised against it for wear. :(

I would like a purple seat done with embroidery only something silly I love piped seats as well.
The cowl look with a number 06 (six is my lucky number) on or even just a little tricolor would be sweet.
The guy who did this makes the furniture on james Bond sets and royalty lol... and my ample bottom.
I have driven him nuts as I think it needs shaving down more... he's done my two bikes now.

I did ask if he could make me a glittery sofa...
Im a bit of a retro 50's diner look freak if only I had the car to match!

I have the staple gun I need to cover seats at work as I have enough fabric to cover a whole seat but my boss who loves me so much said no.. I can't borrow one for the night even if I covered costs/ staples paid for new one if it broke and signed to say I had it... ffs..oh same was for a rotring pen..no can borrow.
I like to make things but maybe I should stick to cakes lol... I can see me in A&E stapled to a seat

He11cat
28-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Actually Yorkie I have now found someone local who did a fine job on a trike of my friends.
And turned it round super fast .. the seats are top class a bike seat and whole car seats.

The guy who did mine il give you his email and il find out about the guy in Bramford.
il pm you..
I am taking my other seat to Bramford because its a straight cover job and I want it back bloody fast!!
Il nab the number and pm you give me a day to do so.
I checked out his work and was dam good and came in at a bloody good price!!

Paranoid Dave
28-03-2010, 09:14 PM
would that be goldsmiths

scrapps
29-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Ooo nice seat... do they do sparkly silver ? (you know what i am thinking)

He11cat
29-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Yes they do!
The material you want is called Zodiac you have to order it in.
its used for diner and glam seating..lol resturants and the likes.USA Diners.
Il have a look for you .
theres silver , purple, red,green, pink, black with silver flecks , gold , white,and some more.
I want to have a look at some other colours as well.

I may still have swatch colours but only on screen .
I am calling my friend tonight to get a number for local seat coverer.. may even be they have Zodiac stuff there or can get me!
If not I have the chaps details I used but I think he is bogged down as I am still waiting for a responce.

scrapps
29-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks. (i cant be arsed with seat covers)

He11cat
29-03-2010, 10:37 PM
@ Dave my seat not covered by goldsmiths but I think thats who did the trike and I have to say they did a grand job of it.
Bloody good price as well !
Are they the chaps by the Lumberjacks yard at Bramford???

Do you have any feedback on them please???

The chap who does my seats does a grand job however I think he is bogged down with big projects and I just want my second seat covered in something bling and fast..

Paranoid Dave
30-03-2010, 05:23 PM
They did a good job on Slob's duel colour seat before he gave it a gravel scuffed look. I had a custom seat covered for a DIY project and again another good job in quick time at low cost. Go see them and check out the samples and chat through some styles.

He11cat
31-03-2010, 10:40 AM
thanks Dave! I will be in touch next week...
Il go see them...
I was really amazed at the price the trike got done for!
was cheaper then my cover! and that was a big car back seat and a front seat in mock snakeskin with leather panels sewn in as well!
No I would go for glittery!

I said how much??? bargain !! and it was a really nice finish as well!

He11cat
31-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Scrapps il ask them how much to do one like the one I just had done if you like ???
If Dave and Slob say they are good and I saw the trike then I am happy to use them.
I could take both my seats and get them priced up.
Then if you wanted I could take yours some time for you if you would like??
I guess after nearly poisoning you with Vanilla Latte it would be a sorry gesture lol

scrapps
31-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Thank HC yep that vanilla latte was sooooo sweet yuuuuk.
I am in two minds as to what colour/style to go for but would be very intrested in getting a idea of cost and time (have two seats so could still ride) it would be a comfort/gel seat i would want to get done. wonder if they could make it like a number board at the back ?
P.S. I still owe you lunch

He11cat
31-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I want to be number 6. lol
I can ask about rough prices and go when I am off next week for a yak..
But il prob just go for more sparkly shiny stuff like the little magpie I am!
Snoopy be gone!!....

Lunch would be cool .. you don't owe me lunch silly!!
We must catch up.
I need to be more social im becoming a recluse.

scrapps
31-03-2010, 03:04 PM
We must have a chat and sort a meeting for lunch soon.
I will need to keep my bike locked up safe when your around ! (little magpie)
Thank for looking ito the seat thing for me speak soon. Lunch is on me young lady no arguing...

He11cat
31-03-2010, 10:48 PM
what what..... hides screwdriver and spanners behind her back... me nick shiny things ..well how jolly dare you :)

But but but I likes your bike its luvley :) I want a shiny glittery monster ..
Il go check out seats next week . Oh it would look lovely with a silver bit on the seat you know you want to.
If I get Hector sprayed this year can our bikes be Dec in calendar if you do one.. pleeease well they is all glittery tis only right!.
Oh we will make Albie dress up as santa.. :) Albie put them carbon stockings down.
I can picture the scene now... fake snow ..the lot..
Or we could get Big Pete to chuck some in the freezer for us I hear he has some on its way ...poor you :(

scrapps
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Hee hee I like the idea of a Xmas special photo shiney bikes Santa and snow awsome.
Think I would go for the number board idea so it follows the PS theme.

He11cat
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
ok .. il give you a call.. and il jot down and ask when I go see..
Poor Albie ... not real snow mind !!
I am not into Ice speedway!!...I have one dented tank and I dont want another!! (twasn't me!)

Albie
01-04-2010, 04:00 PM
ok .. il give you a call.. and il jot down and ask when I go see..
Poor Albie ... not real snow mind !!
I am not into Ice speedway!!...I have one dented tank and I dont want another!! (twasn't me!)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Monster%201100S/M1100sandthesnowman.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Monster%201100S/Snowside.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Monster%201100S/Snowy1100s.jpg

He11cat
02-04-2010, 12:49 AM
lol!!! oi wheres your Santa suit Albie!!!
We are soooo disapointed.

animaluk
02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
santa suit and carbon stockings thats not a look id want to see him in lol

He11cat
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
we will leave the stockings and suspenders to you then its all cool

He11cat
12-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Just to say Oberon clutch slaves now on. ( on my wet clutch)
It has made a difference and feels lighter worth the money.
Thanks for your patience Andy .. it was a pig to bleed so much air!!!.
Buy well worth it!!

Also rack now on so I can go camping.. its does the job.. but I do prefer the bike stubbier with no rack!
However is a case of stay at home all year camping in my garden or going away for a weekend with the lads!..hmm..Dimmy forgot that the back light would need to be moved as well.
Thanks Captain Darling ... and for the Monkey Brain.. which actually tasted pretty dam nice and no hangover!
I did change my indicators at last.. myself (ok I am a rubbish spannerer).

He11cat
27-05-2010, 09:28 PM
My flake gun arrived today and some very large metal flakes.

They wouldn't go through the sprayers gun as larger then normal large flake.
Just a case of prepping the tank now.

I have also brought on a total budget all the bits to replace all his broken and bashed bits as he went down the road with a previous owner.
Just be glad to get his dented tank off I hate it!

analogue_rogue
27-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Just to say Oberon clutch slaves now on. ( on my wet clutch)
It has made a difference and feels lighter worth the money.
Thanks for your patience Andy .. it was a pig to bleed so much air!!!.
Buy well worth it!!

Also rack now on so I can go camping.. its does the job.. but I do prefer the bike stubbier with no rack!
However is a case of stay at home all year camping in my garden or going away for a weekend with the lads!..hmm..Dimmy forgot that the back light would need to be moved as well.
Thanks Captain Darling ... and for the Monkey Brain.. which actually tasted pretty dam nice and no hangover!
I did change my indicators at last.. myself (ok I am a rubbish spannerer).

can ya pm me info on the clutch slave.. im having a nightmare with mine and wanna lighter one!

He11cat
28-05-2010, 12:03 AM
no worries .. are you finding it a bit heavy???
I have to say I struggled with my stock one.. thought it was me being a wimp pm on its way :)

carrot
28-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi HC,

I had paint reaction when I sprayed my bike, so I used Barcoat and it sorted it! (also had used heavy metallic paint).
I think old Italian paint had olive oil in it =)

He11cat
28-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I did on my fairing.. drove me insane ...thanks for that!
I have stripped and reprimed the fairing .. just got to flatten some bumps.
My tank is going down to bare metal...
Getting quite excited about getting my paint done just hope its blingy enough!!..
Thats my excitement for the year :(

He11cat
07-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Woohoo he passed his mot with flying colours not one advisory!
Thanks to the kindly peoples who helped me :)

he has a bit more bling to arrive and then next big job is to get my shock and suspension looked at see if I can get him lower as still to high for me in my platform boots!
This time last year I wanted a monster pref a dark (or yellow one) and I was keeping it untouched .
Thanks peoples grrrrrrr dammit!!! I keep dreaming of billet or rizoma belt covers hmmph !! It was never going to be touched just be cleaned and ridden!!

scrapps
08-08-2010, 09:34 AM
so when are we going to see your bling paint job then ?
still want a new image for mine but will need another tank first as i dont want to paint over the metal flake.
glad you got thru the mot ok.

He11cat
08-08-2010, 01:40 PM
As soon as o can finish sanding my muddy . I'm trying it's taking hours grrrrr. If it bgoes wrong il have to use your guys. Suspension is next on list.. I have never spent so much on a bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!

He11cat
31-08-2010, 11:58 PM
A few more bits done...

I would like to say thanks for all the help I have got to do this and also bits ..
I couldn't have done it on my own at all.....

He11cat
01-09-2010, 12:12 AM
A change is as good as I rest I think .

I know not to many's cup of tea..
Done on a teeny budget and a whole lot of help ...

But I like it as its mine... and probably one of a kind the fibers where a bit of a gamble .. and the paint job was through my friend and the phantom Midnight sprayer!!

He11cat
01-09-2010, 12:42 AM
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/hectoraug210holo.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/hectorholo.jpg

@Scrapps ... I have a plan... if we park either side of a chromo in the sun.... lol!! we could use the reflection to our advantage ... and conquer the world :) (cheers as well for bolstering me up last year and kicking me up the ass to get this moving!! lol

gary tompkins
01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Looks really good

The two tone seat is a neat addition - maybe some matching purple elsewhere would help

analogue_rogue
01-09-2010, 11:44 AM
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/hectoraug210holo.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/hectorholo.jpg

@Scrapps ... I have a plan... if we park either side of a chromo in the sun.... lol!! we could use the reflection to our advantage ... and conquer the world :) (cheers as well for bolstering me up last year and kicking me up the ass to get this moving!! lol

what screen is that? i want one of those!!!

He11cat
01-09-2010, 12:08 PM
it is a Ducati screen fairing for early bikes.
It was split so I repaired it...
the actual screen I got off here from someone...
again early one smoke tinted.

the seat was on the bike when black .. bike had little billet purple bits throughout.. so seat was done purple and black.
I will be getting the seat recovered in Zodiac !!.. black and silver flake.

I am on the budget from Hell... basically as I said favors friends and donated and ebay bits have made this bike... the dearest bits .. brake bits and oberon clutch slave..
the dearest thing on the bike .... its tyres!!!!!!

He11cat
01-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I have other bits to go on ..
Mirrors , levers , and the seat will be changed and uncracked clocks all sitting here to go on.

I will need to find another good tank.. going to have a second set of stuff done .. over winter from the phantom sprayer.. while I can.

Also the suspension looked at to lower him more ..
and a new spring thats tidy.
then I think im done for now..

long term plan.. would love to dry clutch him... thats my big dream!!! give the bike his clank!

Yorkie
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Well done girl, that looks fab!

Are you going to get the rear hugger done?

Yorkie

Albie
01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Well done you for doing it. Very custom colour indeed. :D:D

He11cat
01-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks Yorkie (Hope your ok!) .
Thanks Albie.

I need to find one to buy..... yes it needs to be done but I didn't have a spare at the time :(.. needs balancing out...

Mudguards the wrong one for bike as well... wrong model...

How hard is it to get that hugger off???? easy or a load of faff???

rac3r
01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
That is true bling!

Hugger should only be a few allen bolts, 5min job :thumbsup:

He11cat
01-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Hopefully I'd better look again!! Fleabag night isn't it... In the sun he's pure madness ....

steeevvvooo
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Wowzer!!:shocked:

If anyone ever pulls out on you (God forbid), don't let them get away with "Sorry, didn't see you there..." :D

He11cat
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Only when the sunshines!!! If it's dull it's more subdued silver... I need a matching lid don,t I ???

Yorkie
02-09-2010, 04:38 AM
HC,

I am very well thank you love. Life is good at the moment.

Matching lid would look awesome, and a very spangley look.

As for the hugger 3 allen bolts and it will come straight off!

Yorkie

He11cat
02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I am glad to hear that~!!

cool about the hugger .. stupid I know But I thought id read somewhere else about it being a pain in the ... so thats all good and easy!

Talking of lids , metal flake and uber cool .....
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/Limeduke.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/limeduke2.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/dukelid.jpg

Pomp1
02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow Mel that is some serious bling! Matching "Tony Manero" leathers on order I take..;)

He11cat
02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Lol Max ... No il leave that to certain blokes on here!!! Lid would be rather good though...
I do like the metal flake p pots with mad visor and goggles look ... But seeing someone come off and the facial injury no ...

Scrapps pointed out huggerwould get chipped and bashed so would look bad after a while which is a very good point!!

Seat it is then!!! Better start saving again !! Zodiac is exspensive stuff!!!

scrapps
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Love the paint HC and like the photo idea with a chromo to help with the shine.....
Hope to meet up soon and see it up close (I will bring my sun glasses lol):cool:

He11cat
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Welding mask more like!! lol...

Told you I was a magpie!!

Liz
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Nice one Mel, hoping to make my 600 into a track bike!! Already ridden round Cadwell Park on a Ducati 900 (Yellow with white fairiing). http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=QuarxUK#p/a/u/0/CLFMKYts7dc Slow but sure round the hairpin!!! :biggrin:

He11cat
02-09-2010, 09:33 PM
cool...
I am not that brave yet!!....

I just trundle....
Maybe I should join the local Harley rideout ... they have hi vis vests...

I did then I binned it!

He11cat
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
well done.. if that was me it would be .. err where is she???? wait for it .. oh going past the tree... still going past the tree..... still going past the tree....

Liz
02-09-2010, 09:43 PM
If I could do it, you could! I really enjoyed it! I rode the bike from the paddock to the gate and back and that was it before going on the track! Go for it!! It's a great experience and will give you loads of confidence! I got passed by loads of other bikes but, I got round safely and as fast as I felt comfortable!

He11cat
02-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Maybe when I am back to normal next year...
Id love to take my Kat round as thats a mental little thing but the thought of wiping out my Yoshi stainless system.... specially when they don't make off the peg exhausts for him now!! ... eeeek..

Tempting.. I think I would if I had a second bike... but not on the Hector.. for he is a lazy old dog.. why he's named such....

He11cat
08-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Decals on ... raised ones.
I will add the bike looks different in full sun ... night .. no sun.. rain
He changes from Black to Rainbow to bright silver or purple depends on light /weather.

So I opted for the raised ones as simple and would go with whatever his paint changes to in the light.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bikes/decals.jpg

Chris & Nean
08-03-2011, 08:48 AM
have you been putting shrooms in that tank Hellcat?

He11cat
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
me .... never .. :)

Maybe I still just have a black bike and someones spiking my tea!!!??? ..... may explain why I keep falling asleep randomly ...

Chris & Nean
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
awwwww :mand: lucid... oops I mean sweet dreams bud :thumbsup:

He11cat
08-03-2011, 05:28 PM
;) I found some toads to lick at the bottom of my garden !

Chris & Nean
09-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Here Toady Toady lol

JaKS
09-03-2011, 11:09 AM
I would be interested to know how you lowered the Monster if you don't mind?

He11cat
09-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Apart from being tempted at the mo to donk it with a sledgehammer or jump up and down in sheer frustration on the tank you mean?

When I brought it the seat was a little lower .. and it had a shorter hyperpro shock on it...
But the shock was as soggy as a very soggy thing and was saggy as was the wrong size / set up not nice.

It has had a shorter shock put on , forks through the yolks and set up a bit better at the back.

The seat has been shaved more..

The hoop is standard not been cut.
I had toyed with cutting the hoop down a bit but was advised not to as it is so low as it is.
The issue is ground clearance..

Ive already hit a speed bump (outside Parkingsons Ducati of all places :( ) and I have a pig of a place to get my bike out of.
There is a slope and a bump stone thing that I need to get shot of but not sure how...
Sledgehammer hmmm but knowing my run of luck at the mo il wack it and send a lump of stone through my neighbours Merc!

The plan was to see if I could try a stiffer shock and get set up at MCT without getting more lower to the ground.
It wouldn't be funny if I got home and got wedged up a hill ... well not to me :)

so that was the plan...
Big service and change of shock... heard MCT work wonders.

However bike has decided even with that big carrot dangling to be a ... and not play so the MCT budget has been blown on fixing parts.

So big service next then MCT ..
He is still a fraction too high for me !

He11cat
09-03-2011, 12:00 PM
No toad is safe :) ...
If I get caught by next door Im kissing a load of frogs as looking for my handsome prince right ?? :) shhhh

Nickj
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
what screen is that? i want one of those!!!
I had one of those in CF not so long ago, not sure if it's still around somewhere or not.

Bigxr
17-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi HC, Is this one of yours?????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1979-Honda-CB250N-Superdream-non-runner-project-/290543247377?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43a5ba2011

Titter titter!

He11cat
17-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Awesome!!!!!! And in ippo!!
Not mine but if it wasn't so much work that would be the perfect work bike for me!!!
I'd love to have that :)
seriously!! Used to have one :)

analogue_rogue
17-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Nick... did you find the screen? HC. On your m600 the chain adjusters.... as you look at the bolts on the back.... does the plate say ducati.above it?

He11cat
17-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Il have a look tomorrow don't think so..

analogue_rogue
17-03-2011, 08:38 PM
One of mine does and one.doesn't... Dammit!!!

Bigxr
17-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Awesome!!!!!! And in ippo!!
Not mine but if it wasn't so much work that would be the perfect work bike for me!!!
I'd love to have that :)
seriously!! Used to have one :)

I recon all it needs is a couple of hours with a meter, a bit of general purpose spannering - WD40 and a cable oiler works wonders for old clutch/throttle cables, brakes are a clean/lube (i've got a great method involving a can of 3 in 1 and a "G" clamp) and a fuel filter to catch the rust! and an hour or two in the company of an electrically minded bod.
Voila! Robert surely will be your fathers brother!