PDA

View Full Version : A New Job ..... Redundent again

mad_turnips
25-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Second time in six months :cens:

the large project i was set to work on was rejected in some political pissing contest on wednesday night ... knock on effect no more need for me

if anyone knows of anything would most apreceate a heads up :)

at this rate the monnie is never going to be put back together :banghead:

J_Dub
25-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I can only sympathize with you mate. The company I was working for went under in June, (owing me and the other employees several weeks wages, got the basic NIC payout, which is pitiful) I got some temporary work after a couple of weeks, which lasted 8 or 9 weeks. Now sat at home, and trying to get paid for the last 2 weeks of that!:nash: The construction industry is up and down and always has been. I've been through a few down turns in the 25 years I've worked in the industry, I know this time it's allegedly the worst since the 1930's, but we will come out of it and in a couple of years we'll all have forgotten about this recession - until it happens again. We never seem to learn.

big pete
26-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Second time in six months :cens:

the large project i was set to work on was rejected in some political pissing contest on wednesday night ... knock on effect no more need for me

if anyone knows of anything would most apreceate a heads up :)

at this rate the monnie is never going to be put back together :banghead:

What is it you do mate, theres a massive power project at the aluminium smelter where I work, its nothing to do with me but I can get the names of the contracting companies if you want to try, its at the other end of the country to you tho.