PDA

View Full Version : Leo Vinci's fitted

chris.p
23-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Well finaly managed to get the Leo Vinci cans fitted to Cathy's bike over the weekend, well happy with the results especialy as they are for an S2 but still fit (just) to a 620, also got the DP airbox lid and filter thrown in with them

Cathy took it down to Italia to have the air/fuel ratio re-set, she said it's like it's been put on steroids

Chris.

big pete
24-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Chris , any issues with the link pipes hitting the swing arm . Was pointed out to me and theyre bl**dy close. Gorgeous bike as well mate.

steeevvvooo
24-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I’ve got one of those things, and it sounds great, so can only imagine what 2 sound like!!?? :eyepopping: Taking the baffles out made a big difference (if you haven’t already done so) :woot:

Mine’s in Rosso Corse as we speak, waiting on a de-cat pip and fuelling set up. Can’t wait to have it back!

rac3r
24-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Very nice! How comes your cans don't have the bracket which straps it to the frame near the tail?

Your bike is almost the same as mine except you have a belly pan and I have High level Termis instead of Leo's :thumbsup: :cool:

EDIT: never mind I've just seen that it straps to the foot peg hanger instead as they are a little lower down

chris.p
24-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Chris , any issues with the link pipes hitting the swing arm . Was pointed out to me and theyre bl**dy close. Gorgeous bike as well mate.

Right hand side is fine, but the left hand is damn close, but has not touched the s/arm as yet so ok, they are for an S2, so that is probablt the reason why. I may make some small adjustments at a later date if I am not happy with the gap.

Chris.

rac3r
24-09-2009, 10:09 PM
:chuckle: Have a look at my other thread, mine are exactly the same and I think mine are meant for an S4/S2 as well

chris.p
24-09-2009, 10:24 PM
:chuckle: Have a look at my other thread, mine are exactly the same and I think mine are meant for an S4/S2 as well

Yep, saw that earlier, looks like you have enough of a gap if it is 3 to 4mm.

Chris.

steeevvvooo
25-09-2009, 07:46 AM
My pipes are touching the swingarm (S2R) as well! :on:

Well, not exactly the swingarm, but the end of the hugger that runs along the arm. I need to trim the carbon, then I'll probably have about 2mm gap! :eek:

chris.p
25-09-2009, 02:54 PM
My pipes are touching the swingarm (S2R) as well! :on:

Well, not exactly the swingarm, but the end of the hugger that runs along the arm. I need to trim the carbon, then I'll probably have about 2mm gap! :eek:

Might be an idea to slacken all the bolts/nuts on the system infront of the cans, ie, the header nuts and all the pipe joining bolts, jiggle it all around abit till you get the required clearences and retighten.

Chris.

singletrack
25-09-2009, 03:19 PM

Yours are definitely for a 620 - the part number should be on the box with the original ones.

rac3r
25-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I didn't check the model number, I just read what it said on the instructions :mand:

singletrack
25-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I didn't check the model number, I just read what it said on the instructions :mand:

I think you will find the instructions say they fit an S4 (not an S2R) which has the same frame and swingarm as the 620.

steeevvvooo
25-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Might be an idea to slacken all the bolts/nuts on the system infront of the cans, ie, the header nuts and all the pipe joining bolts, jiggle it all around abit till you get the required clearences and retigten

I might try this weekend. Although, if the garage couldn't sort it, it might one of those legendary ducati poor fit issues!

What's the worst that could happen? Am I being a bit niaive? :scratch: