PDA

View Full Version : crash bungs for 99 m600

He11cat
19-09-2009, 08:19 AM
before I start anything on the bike ie paint.

yesterday between me taking a corner badly :( and a car pulling up suddenly my bike went over
with me on it..How ever don't know how but i managed to pull it back up just before I hit the deck.
went over like a tree fell!!!.... fear made me haul it up.... with a fooked back... :( I have no idea how I did it! but thought I am not damaging this bike!

anyway no harm done to the bike .. just was a bit sore last night and wobbly.
Not the end of the world.

So Me thinks I need bungs on the forks and the bike...
could anyone direct me to a site with them so I order the right ones .
don't mind what they are as long as they do the job!!...:o

bex
19-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Sorry to hear you had a close one; always leaves you a bit shaken up. Well done for staying up though :thumbsup:

R+G's seem to be well recommended on here (tried and tested - Albie and possibly others), and several of us have them just in case.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Ducati/Monster/1999/CP0149BL.aspx

He11cat
19-09-2009, 10:45 PM
thanks on order!!

My heart was in my mouth at the time!!! and I don't know how I hauled the bike up.
but must have looked comical...stop and donk over I went...no harm done..lol

tomscotland
20-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi He11cat. Just sitting bored reading the threads and saw this. Glad you're OK.
Tom

He11cat
20-09-2009, 09:27 PM
just all a learning process... although been on a bike for years had a few years break.
I am only 5ft one and the monster is wide for me... so Im waggling my feet about a bit.

My other beloved bike the Kat is playing me up at the mo... cause its a little highly strung fast beastie with very very fussy carbs...

I need to get him out and throw him about as I am so at home with him.. and he takes my self doubt back away... but some noggin had tightened everything up so hard I can't get my float bowls emptied.. il sort it know what to do just will take some courage to attack the carbs!

bored ?? well that makes two of us!! lol

tomscotland
20-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Well I'm sitting here thinking about what I can buy next for mine. I like it as it's different and I liked it being black although the red is great as well. I'm 5ft 8" or so so it suits me great really. I just like it's style and looks and as I say it's different !
I'm new to biking and loving it !
Just you look after yourself lol !!

He11cat
20-09-2009, 09:45 PM
oh to be 5ft 8!!..lol

I just shut my wallet!!... the new tyres and anti punture treatment added in and fitting and the crash bungs have dented me enough this week!!...
Although I was walking back towards the bike shop to buy bar ends!!... and stopped!! oh and the carbon bellypan I can't use... welcome to ducati have a nice day is what I thought lol!!...then wept as realised this is just the start... as the wise mechanic said to me grinning.... own a ducati now you will be forever a poor woman.... no change there then!! lol...

have fun riding!!
I now ride to work not on the monster... but I am back on a motorbike every day now and arrive to work grinning like a maniac.. cause I ride through a underpass and my bike glows in the dark (glow in dark paint work) and still after 2 weeks is making me chuckle to myself when people stare!)
rode everyday for 5 years didn't own a car see!

Albie
20-09-2009, 09:47 PM
When I went down they saved my bike. R&G are good kit and easy to fit. Glad you saved it and no permanent damage hopefully to you. Well done for the save.

He11cat
20-09-2009, 09:51 PM
lol... I have no idea how I did it ... my shoulder hurts a little where I yanked it back up but nothing bad... I just thought like hell is this hitting the deck!!!!...only just got it !! and I yanked the bike up... heart in mouth!

when my ER5 (retch) went over funnily i didn't have the strength to get it up again and just lay under it !! beeping the horn til someone came and found me sprawled on the floor under the kwack of doom!!
boy did I feel daft!! ...

tomscotland
20-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm not meaning I'll be spending much lol The seat cowl has a crack which annoys me and I know it's about £40 for a new one in lovely white so needs painted black. Then I know there's probably a gasket problem and I'll end up trying to do it myself and as usual I'll break something on the way to trying to fix it - you know how it goes ?
5ft 8" - just tall enough to get both feet flat down at lights lol I'd looked at Triumph Sprints but they're tall bikes so I decided on this Ducati thing omg haha.

He11cat
20-09-2009, 10:00 PM
nowt wrong with 5ft 8!!!..

the other bike I really like the look and sound of is the Speed triple or street triple... :)

being 5ft 1 ... like and hell!!! plus its pretty heavy bike!!..

I have a dent in my tank (not me!!) .. and drainage hole in the fuel cap which Il have to watch petrol and water mix is a no no...

may just have to buy another tank ...before it becomes a real issue..
teatray has a crack as well..

all bugging me.. but the crash bungs are a must have!!

Albie hope you had a cracking time!!

have you got both sets of bobbins ?? engine and forks or just engine??

Im not sure if you can get bobbins for forks for m600?

Albie
20-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Great time thanks. You come too next year. Yes forks and frame/engine bolts.

He11cat
20-09-2009, 10:08 PM
i may well come along!!!.....

should have some miles under my belt by then...
cherryade beer... lol..... thats me sold on the idea!!!... dunno what Belgium would make of me mind!! lol

Albie
21-09-2009, 07:46 AM
i may well come along!!!.....

should have some miles under my belt by then...
cherryade beer... lol..... thats me sold on the idea!!!... dunno what Belgium would make of me mind!! lol
Have you met us !!! Right load of allsorts who all get on. Bankers,engineers,lawyers,IT,plumbers,builders etc. There are some pretty strange belgiums out there too.

2008 but not me in there as took piccy.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20to%20MOB%20Belgium%202008/BelgiumTourGuinnessRecordAttempt-102.jpg

He11cat
21-09-2009, 12:16 PM
lol.... well I am probably the wackiest looking by far...
you lot don't look scary!!
normal is strange in my world... I pretty much get on with anyone...or I try!

I have to write and think in pictures for my job ... my field I work in is Autism and Aspergers so I got into work to find a boy had memorised the whole of Terminator... came in wearing an army hat and sunglasses and walked up to us saying "Sarah Conner your going to die!"....

thats pretty much the world I work in ... thats the funny days .. but some days not so funny.. not when we had a kid trying to slash his wrists on the roof.. or when I had a chair hurled at the back of my head for some reason unknown to me.. but I love my job...

Its made me a more tollerant person .. (although I have a limit to which I will put up with !! )
I guess I look on life at a different angle now days.. combined with a silly sence of humor which lands me in trouble and very few people sit on my wavelength.

Il prob give Belgium a go next year .. id be the bright red faced one in fits of giggles on cherryade beer! If i get tipsy I just get naughty impish and giggle.. usually about something random that no other bugger gets! :)

He11cat
24-09-2009, 09:13 PM
yippeeee my bungs are here!!! lol!..better get the fork ones next month.. grrr and stabilisers!