PDA

View Full Version : Ventura Bike-Pack System

tolski
16-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Ventura Bike-Pack System with bespoke custom built ultra secure mount for use on ’07 Monster S4R/S4RS. May fit other models.

I wanted a Ventura rack for touring Europe last year on my S4R but when I saw the width of the recommended rack & the poor design of the “L” brackets I decided to make something myself.

This Ventura rack started life as a system listed for use on a Honda (can’t remember what model). I purchased a “pack-rack” & a “sport-rack”. I cut them to a more suitable width, sleeved & welded the joins & had them powder coated. Two mounting pillars were lathe bored, welded to a braced plate, drilled & powder coated. This mounting plate fits snuggly underneath the Ducati Monster’s infamous “tea-tray” tailpiece & attaches using the four existing bolts. The whole assembly can be fitted in 10 mins. Tail light remains unobscured & no bodywork modifications necessary.

With this bespoke mount the rack is totally rigid & secure but please note it can only be fitted if you haven’t done a tail chop (which I have now done).

At the time of my trip I hadn’t located a Ventura bag so I used an oilskin bag strapped to the “sport-rack”. I fitted it in its reverse position so that the bag weight was above rather than behind the rear wheel axle. This meant the bike’s handling was unaffected & the pillion seat cowling could stay in place. Both racks can be fitted forward or rear facing.

The bag included in the sale is a Ventura item but not a current model & I am unsure about its capacity. I’d guess that it is similar to the 51 litre Ventura Aero-Spada VII & has a main compartment & a seperate front pocket.

The two racks, mounting plate & Ventura bag are included in the sale. Ventura will charge you over £290 for the racks, “L” brackets & bag (albeit a newer model bag!)

http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/

I am asking for £145 plus £13.99 Parcelforce 48 hour delivery* within UK

*Other delivery options available on request.

Paypal preferred

tolski
16-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Some more images of it fitted