PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Streetfighter - Test ride

Yorkie
12-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Has anyone had a shot on a streetfighter?

I had a little sit on one today, and im going to test ride one next weekend for an hour, and im looking forward to it!

Yorkie.

BluprintZ
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Whatever floats yer boat sunshine, although must admit, didn't expect you to be turned by the S/F Yorkie, you hankerin' for yet more CC's mate? LOL.

I'm as bad, i'm going to take a Triumph Thruxton out next Wednesday from Woods in Abergele.
Not sure if i'll end up with one but, all depends on whether it does what i want, i certainly like the style, a bit retro methinks.
I won't be getting rid of the Monster, we're getting to know each other much better since the re-build and new tyres, we got extremely close after she won the award at the mill, so she's with me for the duration i recon.
I'm looking for something a bit more comfy on long runs really, the ride to Spa and back nearly finished me off, i sh1t you not!

G : )

Yorkie
12-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Ive had mine for 10 years now, from 600 dark to 900 mad!

Its great and apart from loaners ive had no other bike!

Im just looking!

Yorkie.

benson
13-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I'd be really interested to hear what it's like - I have to say I might have to go for a ride myself on one....:mand: Having spied the Buell CR1125 in the flesh (and actually I have to say I like it - got my coat already...) - I want to ride both...:mand:

Albie
13-09-2009, 02:46 PM
I sat on one this morning. Guy asked if I wanted to take it for a spin. I said No its ok. Luv me monnie so dont tempt me. I must say it feels light and very rideable position like the new monster. Bars are a lot narrower than monnie. I like the bike but that exhaust system is a mess where it all joins up. All that cover. Sooner take it off and burn my leg. Hope you enjoy it Yorkie. Well I know you will as its a stonking powerhouse.

walpole68
13-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I took one out with a view to buying one,awesome engine,totally bonkers and it was that that stopped me from buying one,i rode every where at stupid speed,it handling is sharper the the monsters,brakes are scary,much more focused than the monster,i like some of the looks and with enough time and money i could get it looking like i would want too.Take a demo,it will make you smile,just look at the speedo while your smiling and you may get a shock.Excellent bike,infact brilliant but more than i wanted performance wise.Stick a 848 engine in one with a different exhaust then i could be tempted.

benson
13-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Interesting to read that - I have been looking at the CR1125 and wonder if I could possibly begin to do justice to 146 bhp in such a bonkers bike.

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I did ask if a 1098 back end would fit with the underseat cans ..... they just looked at me like i was mad!!!

And they will still let me take it out for a spin!!!!!!

Yorkie.

barbican
13-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Interesting to read that - I have been looking at the CR1125 and wonder if I could possibly begin to do justice to 146 bhp in such a bonkers bike.

Have a read of this. http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/8/4506/Motorcycle-Article/2009-Streetfighter-Comparo-III.aspx

benson
13-09-2009, 05:57 PM
You know what? I found that article only minutes before your post - intereseting wha they say about the SF - and I have to say that, as the owner of a City X, the word fun just sums Buells up (for me at least)

Like the monster, the city x always leaves me with a grin and I'm itching to have a go on one as soon as they get one in locally.

Oooh the excitement!:devil:

barbican
13-09-2009, 06:10 PM
You know what? I found that article only minutes before your post - intereseting wha they say about the SF - and I have to say that, as the owner of a City X, the word fun just sums Buells up (for me at least)

Like the monster, the city x always leaves me with a grin and I'm itching to have a go on one as soon as they get one in locally.

Oooh the excitement!:devil:

Yes I wonder what I might have bought if I had tried the Buel as well - Still I really like the way the SF handles, and the engine is just fantastic and having done a couple of longish rides it's surprisingly comfortable as well.

benson
13-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Be interesting to hear your views on the comfort factor of the SF - the americans in the article seemed to find it too track orientated for their liking - I have a hyper which I love and adore too - it's really comfy but that's probably because I'm a short arse and it's not too cramped - how do you find the SF?

barbican
13-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Be interesting to hear your views on the comfort factor of the SF - the americans in the article seemed to find it too track orientated for their liking - I have a hyper which I love and adore too - it's really comfy but that's probably because I'm a short arse and it's not too cramped - how do you find the SF?

I changed the seat to the DP one straight away because the standard on slopes too much, the DP one is higher at the front therefore flat, I also tilted the bars forward so they are flat. Those two mods made a big difference, and I could ride the bike all day.

benson
13-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Good to hear - now let me find me a demo! :thumbsup:

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Its only:

$14,995 which is £8,993.36

Why do they get the good deal????

Yorkie

benson
13-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I know - let's steal a big boat!!! :pedro:

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Im off to the states, i wonder if i can get one in the ISO im taking??

Are there any import taxes, because it will be used by the time i bring it back??

Yorkie.

benson
13-09-2009, 06:57 PM
ISO.....:scratch:

Incredibly Spacious Overcoat ;)!!!!

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Nearly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Containerization

I could get a few in one of these!

Yorkie

Albie
13-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Ok I will have a red one then S model. As long as its no more than £8k

buzzbomb
13-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I've been blinging one up for a friend (loads of rizoma+tail tidy+carbon),took it out for a quick blat round the bloke after bleeding the brakes and clutch, beware of the throttle as its more of a trigger.
Its a lovely bike but i wouldn't swop either of mine for one as its way to much bike for this old fart.

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 08:21 PM
This is just getting better and better! Do Ducati do a finance deal on them??

Yorkie

adam15
13-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I took one out on a demo yesterday from Ashford, was very nice :D and felt so light with its handling round bends despite being a big engine and as for the torque and power.....i dont think i would have a licence left for very long :-P

walpole68
13-09-2009, 08:29 PM
This is just getting better and better! Do Ducati do a finance deal on them??

Yorkie

0% so thats one sold to you then

buzzbomb
13-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I think theres some kind of promo on at the moment, check at the dealers, I delivered a red S/F to rotherham on the tuesday after the last bank holiday.

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Must have race cans / system!!!!

Yorkie

adam15
13-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Must have race cans / system!!!!

Yorkie

they do a termi race full system in carbon and yes 0%, but i'll have to win the lottery first haha

walpole68
13-09-2009, 08:43 PM
This should do the trick then

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/walpole68/Monster/CIMG2.jpg

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 08:47 PM
That looks superb! But will it not fill up with water when it rains??

Yorkie.

walpole68
13-09-2009, 08:47 PM
you take your bike out in the rain !!!!! are you mad !

Yorkie
13-09-2009, 08:48 PM
And snow and ice!!!

Yorkie.

walpole68
13-09-2009, 08:50 PM
put a little umbrella over the end can :biggrin:

adam15
13-09-2009, 08:50 PM
you take your bike out in the rain !!!!! are you mad !

its fun to be mad :-P

walpole68
13-09-2009, 08:53 PM
And snow and ice!!!

Yorkie.

S model for you then......traction control !

buzzbomb
13-09-2009, 08:57 PM
That bike belongs to Guido who owns ****-tech in the states, and recently won best bike at the ducati island at the Indy motogp. I spoke to him last week and he tells me he will have quite afew nice carbon fibre parts for the S/F shortly so if your interested look up his web site as its got lots of carbon for ducati's and its top quality.

buzzbomb
13-09-2009, 09:02 PM
E-mail address for above is www.shift-tech-carbon.com

He11cat
14-09-2009, 02:41 AM
sorry to post this but found this yonks ago....

Streetfighter test ride.....

I think I would have said a few more words then that!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6tvdYR4dA
:shocked:

benson
14-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Really do have to go and ride one for myself then...And then blag some space in that containerization!!

uksurfer
14-09-2009, 04:20 PM
sorry to post this but found this yonks ago....

Streetfighter test ride.....

I think I would have said a few more words then that!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6tvdYR4dA
:shocked:

thats me been put of a test ride, but, i would have one if i could afford one, in black

burton_in_londo
14-09-2009, 07:02 PM
When my last bike got stolen in July, I went to test ride a SF, M1100s and SuperDuke and the SF was by far and away the best bike, in my opinion, it felt very focused and the power was unbelievable. I came back from the test ride with a huge grin on my face, first time I have felt like that on a bike, the feeling it gives you is awesome.

Unfortunately for me and fortunately for my driving licence my insurance premiums were too high due to the claim against the stolen bike and I also dont have a garage

P&H motorcycles could do me a low APR finance deal with low deposit for £200 a month over 3 years!

Its the kind of bike people love or people hate, if it had a 848 engine and about £4k cheaper then I would buy one now but unless ducati listen to the punters then until I get a garage the SF1098 will be purely a pipe dream for me!

jerry
14-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I rode an SF and thought it brilliant but the brakes were deadly OTT, anything more than a feather of one finger and they will lock up ....seems several testers have mentioned this problem and 2 SF have been totalled in Thailand and the brakes were blamed , one guy owns a 1098 as well says the brakes on his SF are much more powerful than the 1098 and they had him off twice the bike is now a write off as the frame is bent ,he races the 1098 so he is an experienced rider.

benson
14-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Interesting reading...

The brakes on the Hyper can also be mightily fierce - I've been caught on by them before, with interesting tyre marks on the road to show!

Meanwhile I'm on the list for a test ride of the Buell as soon as one arrives in Stratstone...

He11cat
14-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Streetfighters Mag has done a good write up this month..nearly dropped me mag!!!! Ducati's in Streetfighters!! ohhh

wot wot result ..(thank you god not another Bandit!!!)... took out A Ducati Streetfighter and a 1000s..(1000S to me is a stunning bike as well)...4 yes 4 whole pages dedicated to these bikes!!!

There was a massive hugh and cry at the name... (il admit that even I said im not happy bout that being a girl who does like fighters... and big up the fella's slaving away in their sheds!!! and nice workshops at home). Prob cause my Dad a precision engineer I respect a man with a lathe at home!

mixed view on the bike.. one very good write up... and the other paragraphs 2 upset men as also not happy about name being used.. didnt give the bike a look or a go... (ie not playing mate Im sulking!!)

The Duke Streetfighter is a lovely looking beast.. and bet its the dogs!!!!!!!...

However spending time in some home workshops and watching some really trick stuff come out..
and being a girl who really goes all grinny over a good clean fighter I do understand a bit why they are miffed....

Although this guy and quite a few others I have read really are biggin up the KTM Superduke... see now the Ducati owners can go..thats not right!!!.... thats not a Duke!
lot of people saying KTM less money and huge fun....

Id rip the arse of the Ducati first .. does not look right...and the head light would have to go..

But its so nice to pick up that mag and not see Bandits yawn !!!...
Oh and my fav Streetfightered bike fireblades love the chunky beam frame..
and my mate Carls bike on page 28 the Harris .... ive been trying to steal his wheels for 2 years!!!...

Oh buy the mag to see the most vile bike in the world ... a carbon covered V ROD..its the most nasty thing I have seen this year!! lol