PDA

View Full Version : another garage monster

littlejimmy12
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Latest bit of work done over the summer, took all the crap off the frame at the rear and grinded my finger:-)

neilbaldry
11-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Lookin' good there jimmy!

What is your solution to the lack of heatshielding? I've melted the heel of 2 sets of boots on them buggers!

Albie
11-09-2009, 04:40 PM
nice looking bike

littlejimmy12
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Lookin' good there jimmy!

What is your solution to the lack of heatshielding? I've melted the heel of 2 sets of boots on them buggers!

no solution, I try to remember to not let it happen!! dont want to add anything as I'm trying to get as much off as possible

neilbaldry
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Bit of weight saving?

littlejimmy12
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
mainly an aesthetic thing, the weight saving is a secondary benefit. I just like bikes with less on them, the more naked the more basic the better in my book. There's a bit more grinding to do around the back of the frame and then tidy it up and spray it. After that I'm toying with powder coating the swing arm black but thats a lot of work and something that might have to be left to a professional. Unless anyone here wants to earn some £ over the winter and do it !!!!!!!!! hahaha

J.P
11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow, one of the only other bikes I've seen with the same Zard exhausts. :)

Albie
11-09-2009, 05:56 PM
The powder coatings an easy job on that swinger. I did mine when I did my s4 conversion. Satin black will look good. As long as you dont use the bike for a few weeks your ok. Take it off and stripped in 2 hours. You just need to brace your bike or suspend it from rafters.
Wheel off, suspension disconnect, disconnect exhaust, rearsets off so you can remove swing pivot, caliper off, split chain, unclamp to remove pinch bolts. Remove end circlips and pull out pivot saving the shims. Then un clamp to remove hub. There is a huge circlip to get out and thats it basically. I used a company in hackney called armourtex. They mask off areas pretty well.

Stafford
11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Took the S2R into a multi story car park this week for the first time, bloody awesome sound.
Put it on your list of things to do.

uksurfer
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
. There's a bit more grinding to do around the back of the frame Unless anyone here wants to earn some £ over the winter and do it !!!!!!!!! hahaha

i got a grinder....

looks great

neilbaldry
11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow, one of the only other bikes I've seen with the same Zard exhausts. :)

Us Zardites are a fairly rare breed!

Grumpy
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Smart bike mate, really like the minamal look.

Stafford, if you think your monster sounds good in a multistory, you should try the Rotherhide tunnel next time your in London!:thumbsup:

kneedown
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
well i think a few should meet up and do the lime house link few times

Stafford
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
well i think a few should meet up and do the lime house link few times

I thought we'd try a few mountain passes and tunnels first. :idea:

Grumpy
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
The tunnels in the Alps are rather boring, anything up to 15miles long and full of lorries!
where as the Rotherhide is about a mile long and HGV's are not allowed(from memory!!)

Prehaps w've come up with a new 'sunday club', The Tunnel Monnies! Blasting around the tunnels in London.:spin:

Liz
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
The tunnels in the Alps are rather boring, anything up to 15miles long and full of lorries!
where as the Rotherhide is about a mile long and HGV's are not allowed(from memory!!)

Prehaps w've come up with a new 'sunday club', The Tunnel Monnies! Blasting around the tunnels in London.:spin:

James, I presume you are being rather facetious?! ;)

gary tompkins
12-09-2009, 11:27 AM

Dartford tunnel + WRP cans @ 6000 rpm in 3rd = bliss