PDA

View Full Version : Ducati tattoos.

Arbeia
10-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone has one and what is it?
Maybe put some pics up?:yoparty:

Albie
10-09-2009, 08:15 PM
No not brave enough to have one.:chuckle::on::on::on:

kneedown
10-09-2009, 08:20 PM
not a ducati one but i have 3 they are not that bad 'wanted to get rossi sun and moon done before we went to mugello

uksurfer
10-09-2009, 08:45 PM
i'm having one done in the next few weeks, my mates getting me a price this sunday.....

kneedown
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
what you having done ???? i like it when you have the whole arm done but will not go that far now

uksurfer
10-09-2009, 08:53 PM
my mate is having 'sleeves' done as we speak, its taking ages and expensive...

i want a small tattoo, i give him the drawing, just find out how much

chris yeatman
10-09-2009, 08:56 PM
my mate is having 'sleeves' done as we speak, its taking ages and expensive...

i want a small tattoo, i give him the drawing, just find out how much

i dont think they can copy the s4 mate. :chuckle:

uksurfer
10-09-2009, 09:01 PM
you got home safe then, glad i took my clear visor!
see you and kneedown sunday :thumbsup:

kneedown
10-09-2009, 09:01 PM
i would like a rossi one thing is they do not look so great the older you get should be another with me '

uksurfer
10-09-2009, 09:03 PM
go for a small one on shoulder, thats what i'm thinking, besides, i'm old already

chris yeatman
10-09-2009, 09:03 PM
you got home safe then, glad i took my clear visor!
see you and kneedown sunday :thumbsup:

will do mate.

He11cat
10-09-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't have a Ducati one ... but I have a coat of arms done as a **** take... of all the things I liked about bikes... it was just silly and does have the Katana logo in it as I am afraid I love Suzuki Katana's!!

Am known as a bit of a Kat girl...

Il scare you then.... I have 23 tattoo's ... sadly some now old.
I must say I am not so fond of seemed like a good idea at 18... but that was back in the day of Flash.. you went in , pick your design and join the herd ....

Now I research who I like and book way in advance... sign of a good Tattoo artist is his waiting list!
If I could have one arm lazered off I would and have a sleeve done... by one great artist.
But for now I am having the odd expensive one done by a top artist...

Now days I would rather pay £300 for a good tattoo then £60 for a crap one...is there for life pretty much.. so much so I am having to have my 20year old ones reworked and covered... I have a 3 hour sitting this week ..
I will go the whole hog... I intent to have a sleeve done.. I have thought about it for 20 years.. I have never had any issues with my jobs... Im very lucky... and nowdays Im fairly unshocking... unlike when I was 18 with tattoos....back then I was stared at , comments the lot... but the foot high hair and the teetering round Sainsbury's in 5 inch heeled boots and PVC or rubber.... was a very flamboyant Goth!

techniques are so much better now!!!... and the needles finer.. the inks are better...

Just think about what you have and try and be different... nowdays you can walk in with an idea or picture .. back in the day... black panther or swallow for you sir... (have to say retro oldskool tats are all the thing now)...

I couldnt imagine my skin without pictures.... I spose being from an art background its natural to decorate yourself...im not a yob, a wayward woman or a Chav... good upbringing , Educated , just a bit barking...

wear your ink with pride .. just make sure you find a good artist and you get what you want..or youl be like me paying mega bucks to cover up those £30 ones you had...

Arbeia
11-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Just got this the other day on my leg.
Picture is a bit ****e.
Needs to heal a bit and maybe get recoloured later.
Desmo skull.
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af49/Arbeia76/DSC00336.jpg
Ducatisti until i die;)

slob
11-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Hope you asked seby before you used his design....

He11cat
11-09-2009, 07:43 AM
jolly good..... and it is meaningful to you.. so brilliant!

yup let it heal .... and top it up... I think it may need a bit .. but thats common better to top up then over work the skin in one hit.

reds came be troublesome...
My fav is red ink but my body doesnt like the pigment.. so it takes longer to heal for me.
Also often needs retouching as of course does solid black..

I need to get my leg re inked a bit as after 8 months my body has chucked out some black ink.. but i think it was to harshly applied...and some skin damage. (I test inks for an artist)

my other leg .. top oriental artist reds and orange applied perfect.... as bright as the day I had it done and no patchyness at all...all depends on the way its applied and the ink they use. His speciality is vivid colour so he gets it right one hit!!

I was testing new inks for a tattooist and my body has devoured the black...

I won't post mine cause they are not ducati so not relevant.. and how the devil do you add a photo.. says the It technician (is just a name... have you turned it off and on again is my answer to problems :P).

cool that you picked a theme thats meaningful to you and also clever..thats the way to do it.

slob
11-09-2009, 08:38 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=13041&stc=1&d=1252658311

big pete
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Tattoos , I love em. Full back piece, both chest panels, fully sleeved, bottom of left leg sleeved and top of right started. All are in an oriental style as thats what I like , big bright and bold. Dont think Ill ever stop, all mine were done by one family, the Wrigleys in Glasgow , Steven has done the majority of the work and is 1st class.
Hellcat , ill show mine if you show yours!!!! lol.

Arbeia
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=13041&stc=1&d=1252658311

Or you can upload the picture to say something like photobucket and just copy paste the IMG link as it is and the picture will show up when you submit ya post.

I have alot of other tattoos, Family clan crest,japanese koi, dragon etc etc etc;)

LVC
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Now that's a serious tattoo Rob :twak:

skank
11-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Hmmm, slowly covering my self in oriental too. Steven Wrigley is good.
sleeve and a half with chest plates so far.

Arbeia
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Hmmm, slowly covering my self in oriental too. Steven Wrigley is good.
sleeve and a half with chest plates so far.

Nice!

I dare someone to get this tattoo`d lol
:ukm:

seby
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Just got this the other day on my leg.
Picture is a bit ****e.
Needs to heal a bit and maybe get recoloured later.
Desmo skull.
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af49/Arbeia76/DSC00336.jpg
Ducatisti until i die;)

i will ask for copiright hi hi hi:mand:

Albie
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Nice!

I dare someone to get this tattoo`d lol
:ukm:

Erm Nah !!

Arbeia
11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Erm Nah !!

O go on albie! would look great across ya back, really big!:ukm:

gary tompkins
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I got a tribal tatt of my own design done 3 years ago. Nothing huge just the top of my right arm in black 'n' grey. Thought I was ok with pain but the shading hurt like a bitch :eyepopping: May add to the tribal design or have others done when I can be arsed.

He11cat
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Albie thats just not sporting now is it...lol...

Maybe you should put em all in a hat and you each have to have a random emoticon..Albie gets to pick!

I just had a near 3 hour sitting ... I am so happy... assessed my arm as I want rid of the 20 year old rubbish... and the worst one can be covered..

and the rest of my arm is going to be old skool..... we where looking at some stuff by Barra making it a bit more girly.. a little bit hot rod styled.. which is my thing...could have gone oriental but I already my calf done...

I have never been Tattooed by someone who is so gentle with needles ... it was in a tender place as well and I was falling asleep... Leigh @ cosmic Colchester..he was a pleasure to sit with... and is submitting my new one to the mags!.... his work is cropping up alot now...

I am so happy I am sticking with him .. he has a min 3 month wait so im booked in again
He said its gonna be long term... I reckon a years work.. and he has a good sense of humor..and you get great cups of tea!..

ive been stopped already and people have said thats so cool!!...

Liz
11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I had one done when I left the 'ex'. I had wanted a tattoo but he said 'what do you want one of those for' so of course, when I went, that was the first thing I had done! It's a dragonfly - 'spreading your wings' etc etc - on the shoulder so I can show it or not depending on mood and clothing! And now you can all see it :eek:

big pete
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Good on ya Liz , first of many maybe?

Liz
11-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Good on ya Liz , first of many maybe?

Probably the only one - it was a sort of rebellious act but I love it! Not sure about any more - depends what happens in the future I suppose!

He11cat
11-09-2009, 10:45 PM
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/tattoos/bootstat.jpg

was healing so not such a good pic...and I didn't choose that feckin horrid carpet!

He11cat
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
thats a bit better ... its still lovely and vivid!!...

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/tattoos/Ikoi7.jpg

big pete
12-09-2009, 08:33 AM
That is some nice work , who is the artist?
Here are a couple of some of mine , please excuse the quality and size as I have no idea how to paste pics, compooter dum dum!
The leg was finished 2 to 3 year ago and the bottom of the arms slightly older, the colour is holding up well . You get the idea of the style I like:thumbsup:

gary tompkins
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm waiting for Kimbo to pick up on this thread

He's not called 'walking pictures' for nothing :mand:

He11cat
12-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Skin Creations Cardif John Treherne (hope I spelt it right) he is very well respected !!

He used to be one still is best celtic artist then has been to Japan and for years studied Japenese oriental work..

He tend to shade useing colurs rather then black so the colours are vivid and uses very bold outlines...

my leg was a 4hr 30 sittting as we only had the afternoon to do it!!!
He said you have come all the way here so lets go for the whole lot ...

I was told John is not a gentle artist as he has to get that colour in!!..

however again he hurt less then others I have been to...

But Leigh ... I was so relaxed ... I was drifting away watching the clouds out of the window with the odd chat..
the guy getting tatoo'ed next to me was yap yap yap... and moving about .. not good..
Although was amusing to listen to..

Me I just know to lay still...my threshold used to be 4-5 hours before my endorfins dropped off.. as I have got older only 3 hours before my feet twitch ...tattoo's make me feet twitch.... I feel it all in my feet!!

He11cat
21-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I didn't think I had better hijack Albies nice carbon thread!!! ..Id not be popular!!!

@Kneedown How many do I have ??? Do you know il have to count them now!!! lol!!...

I am booked for a sitting this week to cover up a 20 year old mess on my fore arm... Its very dark so I don't quite know what can be done but I trust Leigh.. I can't be too fussy what I have to cover it .. its so bad.. so old skool roses I hope but not to girlie ... then a hot rod theme around it.. but thats on going!

Its going to be a long job sorting out all the old stuff!!.. and lots of cash..
The final thing I will have worked on is a back piece.
I have decided on a black and grey photorealistic piece .. Id really like something with either a cafe racer style monster or sports classic ie a bit cafe racer styled with a traditional dressed rider .. ie **** pot and goggles..:) on the bike..

How ever I would need a good ref shot of a biker and rider which could be tough.. either riding( or a bit of a leant up against it pose).. on the bike .. I really like all that.. and have a big space on my back!!!

It would prob be about 15 hours work!!!.. and about £1000 so I would have to have the perfect reference shot which would take a while.. But thats the final plan!!!

He11cat
21-12-2009, 12:22 AM
how many 23 ... lol.. from tiny to whole forearm or calf... :)
The only things I wouldn't have done is chest piece which some ladies carry off well .. but id rather not .
and the front and side of my neck.. I have a small one on the nape of my neck .. which is H for Hel.. but thats it.. :0) .. and never on my face .

mholc123
21-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Here's mine, got the top one done about 4 years ago when I left steady employment and started working for myself, I got the 2nd one done to celebrate casey's championship, I have always loved ducati's ever since I saw Mike Hailwoods bike in Sports Motorcycles in Manchester when I was about 13

He11cat
21-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I like that logo... Id have it very fancy winged in black and grey..
Oh the pretty bike... Hailwoods bike was lovely.
Would like to have seen that!..

You have some great artists in Wales.
I have used John Treherne at Skin Creation he is well known for his awesome twist on japanese pieces.. bright bright colours... he is a lovely man to sit with..

Funny I like bright colours and most of my stuff is.
But now I wish I had gone with mainly black and grey work... the chap who will work on me Wednesday is amazing .. he is so gentle.. last time I just fell asleep while being inked.. endorphines kicked in.. I will be so happy to get that blob on my arm sorted!! lol..

Then il start researching my back as that will be a slog .. il have to hang round the Ace looking for men in boots with white socks over the top!..lol (nothing new there then lol )
NO not some guy on a R1 in sandals and white tube socks lol!! or Dunlop green flashes lol

skank
21-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Finished 2nd sleeve, by a guy called Yang Zhou from Beijing
one sitting of 7 hours, very unpleasant.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/99/l_da7ee4bcbcd3456093b61d869f8d0558.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/l_fc82e67ea36b4741ac6ed1b11bc4b1ab.jpg

PaulV
21-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi all, first post on here... Ducs and tatts... fantastic!

I've got a couple of bike related tatts, the one pictured below and also a tyre track arm band... no pics of that one.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p426/PaulV090970/General%20bike%20stuff/Theeyes.jpg

Paul

big pete
21-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Skank thats a stunning bit of work , Just started my thigh and was jngling after 3 hours , how the h*ll did you cope with 7?

He11cat
21-12-2009, 08:09 PM
PaulV lol thats different and fun!.. Hi by the way.. a few of us interesting colourful types here..lol.

Skank thats an awesome bit of work! I love it... really even lovely colours and not overworked..stunning!!

5 hours is about my tolerance .. then I start getting fidgety again.. endorphines say bye bye...

Pete I do not have skinny thighs ... plenty of meat but both of mine are tattoo'd.
I have to say a few bits hurt.. but he was a bit heavy handed... didn't set the machine up well and first line was not a pleasant as juddered I need to get one bit retouched.. I wouldn't go back again and thats someone I know as a friend so I was surprised.

I really like the guy I see now is very gentle and I hardly know he is working away on me he's so good.I was just laying back watching the clouds last time and fell asleep... was bliss!!

uksurfer
21-12-2009, 08:15 PM
heres mine, only a small one cus i don't like pain!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/DSC00520.jpg

He11cat
21-12-2009, 08:56 PM
its not that small... lol :)

big pete
22-12-2009, 06:29 AM
heres mine, only a small one cus i don't like pain!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/DSC00520.jpg

Nice without the black outline mate, very tidy, and not that small

skank
22-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Skank thats a stunning bit of work , Just started my thigh and was jngling after 3 hours , how the h*ll did you cope with 7?

TBH I don't really know! I think because Yang Zhou was only in London for a week or two and he is bloody expensive so I just wanted it done!
hour 7 was unreal for pain, was trying not to vom! it didnt help that he left the elbow to last either. :cry:

big pete
22-12-2009, 09:07 AM
yep the elbow is a real joy! that work is worth every penny mate.

He11cat
25-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I had the start of my cover up Weds...

Was a mare getting there as they changed the train to an express to London...they had to stop the train at Colchester to let me off..only happen to me .. never express trains to London!! Wish there was!

any way decided in the end to get some Bara inspired work .the tattoo i needed covered was 19 years old and terrible.. had to go just never thought such a large brown blob would cover!

This is the start not a Duke one but I am chuffed to bits and when the sleeves done its going to be awesome.. :thumbsup:
The bulk of its gone and we shall see how it settles

.Then next sitting whole lot will be gone and the sleeve well on its way.

The colours are old traditional colours and I am very happy as I wanted something that wasn't to girly.. sorry the photos are a bit rubbish .. and it was starting to scab..
Was again a lovely sitting .. I just drift off.. :) 3 hours..
Can't wait for the next sitting!!
Leigh uses air guns and the difference is amazing! .. he is very gentle..

kneedown
28-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Was a mare getting there as they changed the train to an express to London...they had to stop the train at Colchester to let me off..only happen to me .. never express trains to London!! Wish there was!

any way decided in the end to get some Bara inspired work .the tattoo i needed covered was 19 years old and terrible.. had to go just never thought such a large brown blob would cover!

This is the start not a Duke one but I am chuffed to bits and when the sleeves done its going to be awesome.. :thumbsup:

The colours are old traditional colours and I am very happy as I wanted something that wasn't to girly.. sorry the photos are a bit rubbish .. and it was starting to scab..
hi looks good so far you would never know there was one there before .be good to see when its done

littlejimmy12
28-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I've got a third of my arm done, will finish off the sleeve sometime next year. i wouldn't get a Ducati one.

littlejimmy12
28-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Finished 2nd sleeve, by a guy called Yang Zhou from Beijing
one sitting of 7 hours, very unpleasant.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/99/l_da7ee4bcbcd3456093b61d869f8d0558.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/l_fc82e67ea36b4741ac6ed1b11bc4b1ab.jpg

sick tats mate - where'd you go in London ? Evil from the Needle, Frith Street??

skank
29-12-2009, 10:44 AM
sick tats mate - where'd you go in London ? Evil from the Needle, Frith Street??

Thanks, Frith St, Stewart Robson is my man :yoparty:

skank
29-12-2009, 10:45 AM

beautifully covered! :D