PDA

View Full Version : 600 monster 2 up?

gough
05-09-2009, 03:19 PM
i know that most monsters have the seat cover but i was just wondering how comphy they are 2 up? i know us riders will be ok but what about the passenger there dosent look much room!!!! looking at hopfully getting one if i win the bid on ebay so a quick response would be appreciated, cheers colin.

Ducmon
05-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I find no major problem 2 up on a 600 except that you can lose passengers when you accelerate a bit to fast.

gough
05-09-2009, 03:26 PM
mmmmmm that might be handy!!! whats your overall feeling with your monster? im used to a fully fared bike ie had a st4s last not sure with the nacked bit, herd they are great fun though

Yorkie
05-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Who ever goes on the back make sure you are very good friends! The size of the seat makes you really close!

Yorkie.

Duke Konan
05-09-2009, 04:30 PM
My wife rides pillion on the S2R fairly often and while it's good for short rides anything over 45 minutes and she isn't happy. The fact that the seat is small and sort of slopes towards the rear of the bike doesn't help. But then again...that's what seat cowls are for!

Ducmon
05-09-2009, 04:37 PM
I had to fit a backrest in the end. My daughter who sat on the back for a 400 km ride found that to be better she even went to sleep.

in answer to your question a naked bike is really fun to ride.I find it to be the most fun you can have with your trousers on.:yoparty:

Albie
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
My early s4 had a corbin seat and there a few aftermarket seats out there or you can get standard modified easily. Corbin pillion was very good. Or there is DP gel comfort seat.

gwyndaff
05-09-2009, 07:37 PM
My missus hates the standard pillion seat - she says she feels like she's falling off the back (there's always the tea tray to save her)

steeevvvooo
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I had to fit a backrest in the end. My daughter who sat on the back for a 400 km ride found that to be better she even went to sleep.

+1 for the backrest, if you can find one! Like rocking horse sh1t!! :banghead:

I'm trying the ventura grab rail for the s2r. The girlfriend finds the grab handles belew the seat far too low.

OplayneO
06-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Wrong bike i know, but i think it is all getting used to what you have. My wifi/wife:(something you know is there, but you can't see...to much working away!) enjoys it being pillion. there is not much on the 696 to hold on to apart from from my love handles. The best advise i have been given is not to ride like your solo(obviously), use the back brake 40/60 keeping the back end from rising up, the pillion needs to clamp them selves with there thighs on corners and braking, i'm no expert but now it is great taking the wifi, we are both comfortable and she is getting more conferdent.

Ginger
06-09-2009, 09:30 AM
My girlfriend and I just did about 500miles around the country a couple of weeks ago. She prefers the monster to the 125 that I have (and trying to sell!!).

I hadnt seen one of those back rest before but I think that I will be in the hunt for one.

The main thing about carrying a pillion is; A - Make sure that they are well protected (Helmet, gloves, jacket, etc...) B - Ride safely and don't go to mad with it. Have fun but don't scare the person on the back so that they will never ride with you again. You go to remember that that is someone elses life that you have in your hands.

BluprintZ
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I took my mate on the back of mine last year, just after i bought it.
He's fairly small and light but he was having problems with being comfortable and not feeling particularly all that safe.
To be honest, the monster seat isn't the best out there, so with that in mind, i'm ordering some Rizoma rearsets next week, that way i won't need to remove the seat cowl again.
I don't really like the look of the bike without the cowl, looks a bit empty without it. imo.

G : )

Ducmon
06-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I bought my back rest from Steveooo ( who I can not thank enough) but they are available from http://www.monstrack.com. They are very expensive but cheaper than a visit to the hospital.

steeevvvooo
06-09-2009, 05:19 PM
but they are available from http://www.monstrack.com. They are very expensive but cheaper than a visit to the hospital.

They are expensive, but they do feel like a quality piece of kit. VERY solid once tightened up, and can be turned "flat" as a grab handle, or "up" to be used as a fully fledged back rest.

Went out for the first real ride 2 up on the new monster, and the girlfriend is getting used to the ventura rail, but I think she still misses the backrest a little (she's very lazy like that :biggrin:). I prefer the Ventura rail as it doesn't mess with the lines of the bike, while some don't like the look of the monstrack backrest! :)

Don't forget I have first refusal if you ever sell Ducmon :chuckle: ;)