PDA

View Full Version : So are there no S Wales members then?

taffyracer
05-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Only 2 posts in the last year......mmh......just joined, new to biking so if there are any fellow S Wales Monster riders that fancy a ride give us a shout

Ginger
05-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Hey taff!

I'm a student in Cardiff and I am moving back in the next couple of weeks. It'd be good to meet up with a fellow monster rider. I have seen the odd one about in the 'diff and I hoping to make mine stand out a little from the other bikes.

PM me if you want to meet up for a ride out or something. I can't wait to go blasting through the valleys!

Nickj
05-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm over in the Forest of Dean.. LOL It's fiercly not wales here though, that'll be one of those historic cultural things being border country

taffyracer
06-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm over in the Forest of Dean.. LOL It's fiercly not wales here though, that'll be one of those historic cultural things being border country

That'll be the cold wet side then....lovely part of the country mate.....has to be more than 2 in S wales and 1 over the border, anyone else?

stevealfa
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm up in Raglan. Often taking weekend hikes around the Abergavenney area.....weather permitting of course!!!!

Wife also rides a M600 so that make 4 in SW!!

I reckon we may end up with 1/2 dozen by the end of the weekend.

taffyracer
06-09-2009, 06:01 PM
well I know of 2 that might not be on here so there's 6, any more?

Nickj
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
That'll be the cold wet side then....?
LOL we always complain we're getting the welsh weather ;)

I sometimes cross the border for a blast around

taffyracer
07-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Are there any organised welsh meets, would be good to meet up with fellow bikers in Wales and those that are blessed to live close enough?

Ginger
07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't know I want to get out and explore some of the roads in South Wales. I haven't been much on the bike scene in S. Wales in the last year as I have had no bike in Cardiff.

I am sure that we can find something

Bigxr
17-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm in Caerphilfy, I go out on saturdays when I can (I try to miss the thronging Sunday crowds "gettin away from it all"- with all the plod attention that attracts!). Bin a bit busy of late tho. But I'll post next time it looks on....quick squirt to Machynllech or summat.

r66bby
17-09-2009, 07:03 PM
im midwales, but theres no group for that !!

Gallese
26-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm Cardiff based too and try to get out on the weekends whenever I can - be good to catch up with other Monster owners around here, so give me a shout if you're planning a ride....

Mrs Soup
20-10-2009, 09:11 PM
There are a reasonable number of us here in South wales, there's just never been anyone with the time to organise rideouts.

if you get something going several of the guys from Bristol usually find time to join in. Similarly, they occasionally ride over into the Forest of Dean.

Interesting to see there's another S2R in Caeffili

Bigxr
21-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Yup! Only since August tho. member of Caerphilly MCC (ran the club for 15 years - still run the website - badly! - check out caerphillymcc.co.uk) there was an M600 for sale in CAM's spares on Nantgarw road, rode it and bought the S2R.
Be nice to get some monster ride outs going in the area.

STIVH
21-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I have spent the summer and early autumn working from Hereford to Pembroke Dock with a lot of time around the Cardiff to Cardigan Bay areas and was amazed by the wonderful roads around there and the fact that there seemed so few bikes around of any sort compared to North Wales. Sadly I was in my liitle Diesel van so not a lot speed or excitement involved. But come next year when the Paso is rebuilt and I know where I'll be heading.