PDA

View Full Version : Rizoma's ON!

bex
04-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Well, here they are - result from this evening, front fairing off, Rizoma mirrors on, R&G Aero crash bobbins on.

First impressions, the mirrors look great and are beautifully made. Its got to be said that the visibility is, well, a bit pants... but not so bad that they're coming off just yet! I think I'm lucky in that I'm probably smaller than a lot of riders so I get away without seeing my elbows in them which is a good start considering they're so teeny. Anyway, time will tell. Crash bungs great too, lets hope I don't need 'em:chuckle:

Big thanks to Konan who practically did it all for me (EDIT: oh and also got me them at discounted price!) while I just loitered around disturbing west london residents with the high level noisies. Not bad for a nights work considering between us we appeared to be lacking pretty much every tool we needed and owning every single one that we didn't, good stuff!!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/monnie3.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/monnie1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/monnie2.jpg

I should really get the proper camera out at some point instead of using the phone, promise I will soon!!

uksurfer
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
i think they look crap on your bike, think i should try them on mine :thumbsup:

(especially if Dukes had anything to do with them) :biggrin:

bex
04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks, I think? :biggrin:

uksurfer
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM
look good, worth the money
(still think they'd look better on mine though) :running:

Duke Konan
05-09-2009, 09:34 AM
You're most welcome! There should be a sod's law relating specifically to not having the tool's you need for the job.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Martin :D

The mirrors look great (I think you should get a photo of the front of the bike...once you've cleaned the headlight) but they are unreasonably tiny. At least we know you have your priorities straight!

Albie
05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Looks great. You will not regret the crash bungs. They are insurance. No guarantees to whether you will damage bike or not but I got some and they paid off. £45 worth damage when it could and would have been hundreds for a small spill. Hoping you wont need to find out.
I never liked them but new bike and too expensive to gamble. Paid off IMHO.

animaluk
05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
looking good, well done duke

Duke Konan
05-09-2009, 04:25 PM
looking good, well done duke

Cheers Paul. Was simply helping bex execute her vision for the monnie :idea:

hang em high
05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
wow! they look really good....very sleek! i want...i want :hissy:

so small that you can now say "sorry officer i couldn't see your blue flashing lights" :biggrin:

steeevvvooo
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Looking good! :woot:

Reminds me of my old 600 (was the same colour, but didn't have the high level cans).

I really like the dark blue monnies!! :yoparty:

LVC
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
They look really good :mand:

so small that you can now say "sorry officer i couldn't see your blue flashing lights" :biggrin:

FYI - If the UK starts to adopt some of the proposed EU regulations then any mirrors, indicators etc. not stamped with a CE code on them are not legal and therefore fineable. CE codes for mirrors include the actual mirror area as well as positionability. France cops are started to clamp down on these as they're easy money for them and vitually every bike over here that has been "non standardised" has non CE stamped mirrors and indicators :banghead:

So enjoy them while you can :mand:

bex
06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks all!

Am doing the London Bikesafe in a week or so, no doubt the plod might have something to say about them!! :worried:

rac3r
06-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Haven't seen them up close but from the photos they look a decent size, the ones on my old Honda were even smaller :look: