PDA

View Full Version : Speedway Friday 4th

alan c
03-09-2009, 07:10 PM
just a reminder that a few of us are going to Lakeside Hammers speedway tomorrow night, starts at 8pm, £15 entrance.

lets hope for better weather, you may of seen we went last friday and the meeting was cancelled due to heavy rain :banghead:

cheers

alan

Shuffy
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Scuba outfit and deckchair at the ready! See you tomorrow night.

Albie
03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Yep were going. Scrapps is picking us up at around 7.00 and folding chairs and clutch packed ready.

scrapps
03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
yep see you all tomoz

gary tompkins
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I'll be there if the rain holds off - possibly in car though

Albie
04-09-2009, 07:21 AM
No rain tonight apparently. Phew !!!!

Shuffy
04-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Yep were going. Scrapps is picking us up at around 7.00 and folding chairs and clutch packed ready.

Thanks for the clutch Albie/Scrapps, see you tonight.

Albie
04-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the clutch Albie/Scrapps, see you tonight.

Will bring the washers etc for you to try.

Shuffy
04-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Will bring the washers etc for you to try.

Thanks Albie, although I think the 'problem' has resolved itself! But it would be useful to look at another set of parts as a comparison. See you tonight.

J.P
04-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Another one I can't make, sorry boys.

Hopefully the sun will shine on the 13th for a bit of brekkie.

Albie
04-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Another one I can't make, sorry boys.

Hopefully the sun will shine on the 13th for a bit of brekkie.

Better do. Im coming. Yay !!

J.P
04-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Better make sure we go for a ride then to test out your stamina.

Albie
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Better make sure we go for a ride then to test out your stamina.

My new lids just arrived at Hein Gericke so pick it up in morning. Then I can ride maybe tomorrow or sunday little runs at first but often. I wont be doing 100's but maybe 50's. I will be fine if not I either dont go or I go by car.

Albie
05-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Well what a change a week makes. Great evening last night with a good attendance from UKMOC and other support. Lakeside Hammers won fairly comfortably with a fair few 1-2's.

Only a few spills and exclusions but boy they were really trying. Seems like everybody enjoyed it and we will be going back hopefully for a playoff race. Maybe sky sports if not.

Nice to see faces there.
Albie Caroline and son
Scrapps
AlanC
Gary T
Shuffy

No time for Ikea last night but we had a nice KFC

gary tompkins
05-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Great funs last night but I felt a bit under dressed

Will be shopping for Bobble hat, donkey jacket, Hammers scarf, zimmer frame (with clipboard attachment for programme), head torch and a couple of air horns. I'm not washing my clothes. They still have a fantastic aroma of methanol & castrol R :biggrin:

When's the next one?

"Up the 'ammers!"... HONK! HONK!

scrapps
05-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Well it was the first time I have been to speedway and I am sure not the last.
I had a great time the racing was worth the 120mile round trip.
I must admit I did not think it was going to be my sort of thing but when they only have 5 laps each race they make them count.
Cheers guys and girls for sorting this little kent jolly it was great.

Albie
05-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Well it was the first time I have been to speedway and I am sure not the last.
I had a great time the racing was worth the 120mile round trip.
I must admit I did not think it was going to be my sort of thing but when they only have 5 laps each race they make them count.
Cheers guys and girls for sorting this little kent jolly it was great.

Good to have you there mate and they have 4 laps which they make every effort to get to front.
Thanks for the lift in the Beemer. And sorry about the lousy coffee they gave you.

Albie
05-09-2009, 09:55 AM

Will be shopping for Bobble hat, donkey jacket, Hammers scarf, zimmer frame (with clipboard attachment for programme), head torch and a couple of air horns. I'm not washing my clothes. They still have a fantastic aroma of methanol & castrol R :biggrin:

When's the next one?

What about flask and lunch box. Good to see you GT. Next one next friday .

Yes castrol RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I used to use Belray and smelt like cabbages.:look::look:

Shuffy
05-09-2009, 12:31 PM

When's the next one?

Also the ability to hurl abuse at the opposition and eat a mountain of chips is clearly a useful attribute for the true speedway fan. So we're sorted then!

A great night out and great to see everyone as always. Oh and thanks for the loan of the clutch Albie/Scrapps!

alan c
05-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Got to get myself a hooter :woot: enjoyed the speedway and the company :ukm: